Speed UTV

Latest live from Todd  3500-4000 cars by end of year  🤞🏽And some by Sand show  

Part 1 and 2

Last edited by a moderator:
New Speed UTV accessory package. 

View attachment 36198

Cool accessory, but a bit pricier then I would have guessed. I would have thought this would have been around $800? 

Am I wrong and do you think $1300 is fairly priced for front & rear cameras, belt temp and tire pressure monitors? 
Man no kidding. All I really wanted was the backup camera and belt temp sensor. Thought those would be plug and play, not have to take it in to program it for the display to show. Stinks we can’t purchase separately and have it installed from the factory. 

New Speed UTV accessory package. 

View attachment 36198

Cool accessory, but a bit pricier then I would have guessed. I would have thought this would have been around $800? 

Am I wrong and do you think $1300 is fairly priced for front & rear cameras, belt temp and tire pressure monitors? 
Yeah. You can buy that chit separately for less than half that. 

But, the question is will it work with their dash? Like Todd said you can buy the Razorback belt sensor for $50 less then theirs will be, but it would not work off their dash. Maybe aftermarket will make one? 

Plus Todd told me with Delphi (Aptiv) supplying the wire harness and connectors. You will have to get the Delphi (Aptiv) connectors for any aftermarket accessory. The connectors are reasonable, but you will need the crumpet tool to make them.  If you cut off the Speed harness connecter to plug in your own, you can void the electrical system warranty. For those that don’t know these connectors are GM’s version of Weather Pack connectors. They are really nice. 
I’m sure someone will figure it out as you say. Should be standard CANBUS

But, the question is will it work with their dash? Like Todd said you can buy the Razorback belt sensor for $50 less then theirs will be, but it would not work off their dash. Maybe aftermarket will make one? 

Plus Todd told me with Delphi (Aptiv) supplying the wire harness and connectors. You will have to get the Delphi (Aptiv) connectors for any aftermarket accessory. The connectors are reasonable, but you will need the crumpet tool to make them.  If you cut off the Speed harness connecter to plug in your own, you can void the electrical system warranty. For those that don’t know these connectors are GM’s version of Weather Pack connectors. They are really nice. 
I think I may just pull the trigger on the kit. The belt sensor is $399 and the cameras $499 ~$900 without installation and programming. Figure another $120-$220 for the dealer to program it that’s about $1100. For a bit more I can have it all and installed from the factory for $1299. Oh well it’s only money. 

If it was hinted blinkers could be daisy chained on the harness I would be all over it.
It might be. I need to go back and watch it again. Kind of remember him saying it would allow the chase bar to have turn signals. 

Good & informative on everything that’s going on. Everyone on this thread should watch it to answer questions. Even FOG’s question about why is Robby & the engineering staff in Asia still? The new Polaris Stop/Ride was used as a perfect example of why they are there. 

Todd explains why they have not faced some of the challenges the others have with shortages or using a single source suppliers. 

They sure seem very confident that all pre ordered customers will have cars, including Bandit orders by the end of the year. The goal is to start delivering before Sand Sports, with a potential 150 cars delivered at Sand Sports and cars being delivered every day after that depending on your location.  
Thanks. 
Good info in the videos. 

@DTA sounds like you got some good info. I’m  Thinking turn signals will be doable then? 

@NIKAL those are some really good questions. I thought about marking each wheel before taking them off. So when I replace them i know which goes where.  But if I had to mount the spare, that would get annoying if the dash doesn’t recognize it and keeps notifications going. 

@NIKAL Tire pressures: my cars have it displayed for each individual wheel. I’ve rotated them myself a couple of times, haven’t had to tell the car I did it, just figures it out. There are multiple sensors and the computer uses process of elimination to figure out which is which automatically. Might take a couple of minutes to sync, but it figures it out. Only programming you need, to my knowledge, is you usually only have to register new sensors to the vehicle to get the receivers to recognize them.

Flat spare won’t say anything since the TPMS sensor needs to rotate to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good & informative on everything that’s going on. Everyone on this thread should watch it to answer questions. Even FOG’s question about why is Robby & the engineering staff in Asia still? The new Polaris Stop/Ride was used as a perfect example of why they are there. 

Todd explains why they have not faced some of the challenges the others have with shortages or using a single source suppliers. 

They sure seem very confident that all pre ordered customers will have cars, including Bandit orders by the end of the year. The goal is to start delivering before Sand Sports, with a potential 150 cars delivered at Sand Sports and cars being delivered every day after that depending on your location.  
I know we've heard promise dates several times before which pissed off so many.  What makes these dates any different? At least this time around they actually have cars and parts to show off vs the ladder.  BUT they are still in China and finalizing fit and finish on some stuff.  Yes Tod said they hit the green button on several parts, but a car cant be built without 100% of all parts. ala computer chip issue hurting the industy.  

They never mentioned anything about parts already in Texas and from what I hear its a least a month backed up to ship out from China, then it sits at port of LA a few weeks.  Perfect world some parts could be here early Sept but its not perfect anymore.  

If I could take delivery late Oct, I'd be thrilled but my bet is it will get here by Christmas.   It would be great if they have just a few real production units at the sand show this year to shut up all the haters. 

Reactions: FOG
My guess is the shipments from China will arrive at the port in Houston, thus avoiding the cluster f going on at the ports in LA. 

My guess is the shipments from China will arrive at the port in Houston, thus avoiding the cluster f going on at the ports in LA. 
Gulf coast and Long Beach are about tied for queue lines now. The time lost going down through Panama Canal (plus fees) probably isn’t better than the transit time to TX from Long Beach. 

Gulf coast and Long Beach are about tied for queue lines now. The time lost going down through Panama Canal (plus fees) probably isn’t better than the transit time to TX from Long Beach. 
True statement in normal times, but you have to now figure in time spent sitting offshore waiting for a spot to unload before the transit to TX can happen. I hadn’t heard of major backlogs at the port in Houston. 

Either way it’s a logistical nightmare. 

Back