Speed UTV

There are no clevis mounts and nothing will shear.  I want to know 1. Where are Todd and Robby running off too with all the money.  2. Who is the first one to post up they hate it once they get it?  

Easy.

Clevis mount is double shear. 

View attachment 36656
ElegantCapitalEchidna-size_restricted.gif

There are no clevis mounts and nothing will shear.  I want to know 1. Where are Todd and Robby running off too with all the money.  2. Who is the first one to post up they hate it once they get it?  
Obviously Asia!  The have a giant ponzi factory there, I mean part factory.  Why do you think they are there now? LMAO!!!!!! 

LOTD will be the first to post he hates it cause they did not double shear the shift knob.  

He said the doors were still pretty flimsy. I wonder if this is the same car that was at the Sand Show? 

My buddy sent me these pictures from Colorado. 

View attachment 36698
Is the B pillar accomplishing much with that kind of lean on the lower section?  I know it's necessary to make things possible to enter and all, but just seems like it isn't going to do anything with that heavy an unsupported lean.  Then again, it's a small weight penalty to connect to a bar that has to be there for the front harnesses anyway.  Might be worth adding a bar and making your kids climb since they're flexible anyway. :biggrin:

And yes, I'm aware that the other 4-seaters do that, but this is the Speed UTV, it's better than that. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of going fast. 

What is the power to weight ratio for the various Speed UTV models?  With and without the Speed key?

How do they compare to other SxS manufacturers?

Inquiring minds want to know. 

@Crusty had a power to weight ratio chart somewhere. Tried looking for it but couldn’t find it.

I know the 2 seater Polaris pro r weighs ~2,300# and the 4 seater ~2,600# with 225 hp. No bead locks. 

canam think weighs ~1,800# for the 2 seater and ~1,900# 4 seater with 200hp. Without beefing up the chassis and suspension. 

I forget what the Speed 2seater weighs. Maybe 2,300#?? Someone here probably remembers.  But has 225 hp. And 300 with speed key. And more torque then the rest! And comes with gussets proper cage  beefier suspension and bead locks= heavier from mfg  

Last edited by a moderator:
The orange and white car on slicks Speed has back in Charlotte is running a 350hp tune. Not sure what exactly they did to get it there but probably not much. Maybe just a tune?

it’ll be fun to watch the big dogs duke it out this season. Even though the Speed cars may be a tad heavier, the suspension will make up for it. At least that’s what I believe. But then again I’m not really  into drag racing. 

Reactions: FOG
The orange and white car on slicks Speed has back in Charlotte is running a 350hp tune. Not sure what exactly they did to get it there but probably not much. Maybe just a tune?

it’ll be fun to watch the big dogs duke it out this season. Even though the Speed cars may be a tad heavier, the suspension will make up for it. At least that’s what I believe. But then again I’m not really  into drag racing. 
Anybody who’s done all the upgrades to the Can-Am or Polaris that would make it equal to the way the speed is Built will be at about the same weight

Per Todd Romano they hope to be calling people in the next several weeks to start arranging payment and delivery location. This call will be about 30 days prior to delivery. Todd said they hope to be delivering some cars before Sand Sports, but that Sand Sports is a hard date for them to be delivering and they are hoping to be delivering around 150 at the show, with cars following days & weeks after. Todd said they hope & expect to have all pre orders including some early dealer orders delivered by the end of the year, this even includes the smaller Bandit orders. 
Only heard this same statement from Todd about 6 times over the last 2 years. 
Finally getting closer to reality, maybe……. 

Back