Speed UTV

View attachment 32632

GD.Com without a Speed UTV thread to stay entertained
:shakie:

Haha no kidding!! Sometimes I wonder if some of these guys even have a life or on the pooper all day reading and posting on GD.com :rofl:

Edit: I was on the shitter when I posted this. 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think you can bump yourself up per say. I think if cars are getting close to putting graphics and accessories on and Speed has not been granted their Carb/Epa certs by then. Then yes I’m sure they will be reaching out to customers asking if they want a 49 state or wait for a 50 state. 

Like I mentioned I’d be surprised if 10% will take a 49 state car. Even if you live outside of California I would not want one as your resale is going to be allot less. Plus the majority of the cars ordered were in California or have plans to use in California. 
I was told if you register your 49 state car outside of CA after a year it can be registered in CA. 

Robby posted on IG that he’s in HK quarantining before visiting a bunch of suppliers and factories. Assuming Todd is there too as they said they had to cancel this weeks show due to travel. 

Robbys comment was the next 45 days are going to be interesting! 
So were the previous days not interesting.   Lol!

I give him credit for trying to keep the excitement going.  

Reactions: FOG
So I get the bashing of Polaris for all of the stop ride stop sell issues. I mean, this is where most of the haters are when it comes to a RZR. Well that and all of the fires. Let’s maybe look from another prospective. I have a 2019 Chevy 3500hd Duramax. I got two recalls on my truck. One for an issue with the DEF system and another for possible block heater malfunction. The Def system has been in place on the Duramax since I believe 2007. As for the block heater, GM standardized these since early 1900’s. Some 300,000 plus trucks have been recalled for the block heater alone, 2017 - 2019 trucks, witch has reported close to 30 vehicles catching on fire due to the faulty block heater cord. This info was quite a while back from when I looked up my recalls. So if Chevy, who has been in business since the early 1900’s, and manufactured an ungodly amount of vehicles in this time, can have these kind of mistakes still, than why bash Polaris who has only made SXS’s since 1999? That’s almost 100 years less! As for the SXS’s that have caught fire. How many do you know about? I mean, everyone posts the same pics over and over. So how many actually happened? How many were caused by carrying fuel jugs in the bed that spilt over? How many were torched on purpose for insurance purposes? Finally, how many do you personally know of and how many of those weren’t the owners fault? I ask because I don’t know of a single one that has burnt down out of the hundreds of SXS I personally know of nor does anyone I know have personal knowledge of one burning down. Furthermore, I have family that races SXS’s and there has never been one on fire at their races for manufacture defects. So yes, smoke in the dunes makes everyone think of a Polaris, but is it really warranted?

So I get the bashing of Polaris for all of the stop ride stop sell issues. I mean, this is where most of the haters are when it comes to a RZR. Well that and all of the fires. Let’s maybe look from another prospective. I have a 2019 Chevy 3500hd Duramax. I got two recalls on my truck. One for an issue with the DEF system and another for possible block heater malfunction. The Def system has been in place on the Duramax since I believe 2007. As for the block heater, GM standardized these since early 1900’s. Some 300,000 plus trucks have been recalled for the block heater alone, 2017 - 2019 trucks, witch has reported close to 30 vehicles catching on fire due to the faulty block heater cord. This info was quite a while back from when I looked up my recalls. So if Chevy, who has been in business since the early 1900’s, and manufactured an ungodly amount of vehicles in this time, can have these kind of mistakes still, than why bash Polaris who has only made SXS’s since 1999? That’s almost 100 years less! As for the SXS’s that have caught fire. How many do you know about? I mean, everyone posts the same pics over and over. So how many actually happened? How many were caused by carrying fuel jugs in the bed that spilt over? How many were torched on purpose for insurance purposes? Finally, how many do you personally know of and how many of those weren’t the owners fault? I ask because I don’t know of a single one that has burnt down out of the hundreds of SXS I personally know of nor does anyone I know have personal knowledge of one burning down. Furthermore, I have family that races SXS’s and there has never been one on fire at their races for manufacture defects. So yes, smoke in the dunes makes everyone think of a Polaris, but is it really warranted?
my rzr 2016 turbo caught fire near china wall. the return oil pipe gasket failed sprayed oil allover the turbo. the heat shields make it almost impossible to put the fire out because the heat shield blocks where you need to get the fire extinguisher. i emptied two extinguisher's and got the fire out but most people would not of gotten it out.  btw there was a recall for the oil drain pipe.  

my rzr 2016 turbo caught fire near china wall. the return oil pipe gasket failed sprayed oil allover the turbo. the heat shields make it almost impossible to put the fire out because the heat shield blocks where you need to get the fire extinguisher. i emptied two extinguisher's and got the fire out but most people would not of gotten it out.  btw there was a recall for the oil drain pipe.  
Man that sucks. Glad you were able to put it out. 

You can't say that any more.
It still rings true on my end. I don’t personally know him. I never said they don’t or haven’t burnt down, I said I don’t personally know anyone. For that matter, the question was towards you and others that constantly talk about them burning down or posting the pics found on the internet. I wondered if you guys personally knew of it happening. My reason was based off my truck recalls. Yes some trucks burnt which caused the recall. Same as Polaris. The difference is the technology of what caused the burn on the Chevy has been used by them for almost 100 years. You would think they would have that figured out by now! Polaris is a much smaller manufacture with less reported incidents than Chevy so that would suggest they have a better track record so far. I would say that’s a good thing for Polaris. Now some will argue that Chevy has manufactured a crap ton more trucks than Polaris has made rzr’s so that’s why the number is higher. I would agree with that. Just the same as Polaris has manufactured a crap ton more SXS’s than Arctic cat so they should have a higher failure rate than them. See where I’m going with this? Side note, I love both my Chevy and my Polaris! Sorry this really shouldn’t be in this thread. Carry on

It still rings true on my end. I don’t personally know him. I never said they don’t or haven’t burnt down, I said I don’t personally know anyone. For that matter, the question was towards you and others that constantly talk about them burning down or posting the pics found on the internet. I wondered if you guys personally knew of it happening. My reason was based off my truck recalls. Yes some trucks burnt which caused the recall. Same as Polaris. The difference is the technology of what caused the burn on the Chevy has been used by them for almost 100 years. You would think they would have that figured out by now! Polaris is a much smaller manufacture with less reported incidents than Chevy so that would suggest they have a better track record so far. I would say that’s a good thing for Polaris. Now some will argue that Chevy has manufactured a crap ton more trucks than Polaris has made rzr’s so that’s why the number is higher. I would agree with that. Just the same as Polaris has manufactured a crap ton more SXS’s than Arctic cat so they should have a higher failure rate than them. See where I’m going with this? Side note, I love both my Chevy and my Polaris! Sorry this really shouldn’t be in this thread. Carry on
I get what your saying.  I think what pissed people off is that Polaris tried to ignore the fire issue in the beginning, but when that incident occurred in Utah where I believe the person died they could not ignore it.  Kinda like Ford and the Pinto.

As to other non-fire recalls that is just part of being a manufacture.  They all have recalls.

It is quite impressive what the current crop of UTVs can do right from the showroom floor.  The Speed UTV included. 

The countdown for the 45 days of "interesting" things ahead, per Nikal's post, started Friday.

We now have 42 days left!!!    This is like a Christmas countdown.  LMAO!!

I get what your saying.  I think what pissed people off is that Polaris tried to ignore the fire issue in the beginning, but when that incident occurred in Utah where I believe the person died they could not ignore it.  Kinda like Ford and the Pinto.

As to other non-fire recalls that is just part of being a manufacture.  They all have recalls.

It is quite impressive what the current crop of UTVs can do right from the showroom floor.  The Speed UTV included. 
What showroom floor can the Speed UTV be seen at?

....and not the couple that are getting paraded around town.  :flashtits:

:moof:  pg 146

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only posted this about 20 times already, but maybe the 21st time will sink in.

All of these big companies (especially Ford, in the case of Pintos, Exploders and the old truck saddle tanks) make their final engineering decisions based on what some bean counter says. It has nothing to do with engineering, it's all about saving 5 cents or $1. That's why they let stuff like the Pinto go to market. In that particular case, they calculated how many people would die by incineration, how much it would cost them in lawsuits and decided it was cheaper to just pay for all of the extra crispy bodies than redesign the fuel tank location.

Polaris is no different. All of their design flaws were most likely the decision of some bookkeeper to try and save a few cents.

Speed is radically different. RG makes the final decision, and it's based on the best solution, not the cheapest.

There is not one single ball joint in the entire Speed UTV. The all new and bloated Pro R still uses ball joints and that will be it's weak point. The front arms look beefy, but nobody looks at the ball joints, which is what the front spindles will be dangling from in a wreck. They finally made a strong one piece chassis and roll cage, but the suspension is still not up to the power of the engine if one wrecks at high speed.

Back