Speed UTV

You Einsteins do realize that the only reason I bash on Polaris is in direct response to all of your crap talking about Speed. The more you guys bash, the more I respond.
"Einstein's"

And I call :bsmeter:

Yore thrash talk started in 2011, well before Speed was anything more them a Deodorant.  
s-l300.jpg

ARCTICCATWildcat1000iH-O-3583_3.jpg

:lol:    <---- 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Einstein's"

And I call :bsmeter:

Yore thrash talk started in 2011, well before Speed was anything more them a Deodorant.  

:lol:    <---- 
Oh Crusty. Where do I begin. First off, you can't spell.

Einsteins is plural. "Einstein's" shows possession. Learn your punctuation, then post.

It's spelled trash, not "thrash."

Finally, it's not trash talk if it's 100% true. The truth is called the truth, and BS is called trash talk.

Here's a question for you. What does EVERYONE say when they see a plume of smoke rising anywhere in the ISDRA?

"Oh, there's another Rzr on fire!"    :lol:

Be honest now - remember, everyone else knows the correct answer.

:biggrin:

They said "2023 models and 49 State / 50 State certifications requested."

I read that as Cars not getting delivered this year in 2022 and then the ones that do...first batch will be 49 State.

Since CA no longer issues Green / Red, will that mean the 49 State cars will only be allowed on closed tracks or Glamis / Dumont.

Something that might become an issue for folks who'll want to use them anywhere in CA outside of Glamis.

https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

People with 49 State Speed UTV will need to buy Nonresident OHV Use Permits.

Part of that permit is Non-California residents must comply with the California Air Resources Board Red Sticker riding season requirements.
They are still issuing green stickers, just not red stickers.  If it is CARB compliant it will get a green sticker.  They will issue the non-resident permits and riding season in Glamis is year round for Glamis. 

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

You Einsteins do realize that the only reason I bash on Polaris is in direct response to all of your crap talking about Speed. The more you guys bash, the more I respond.

That plus all of the millions of pics and videos of burning or wrecked Rzrs. Hell, someone even made a video about a day in the life at Glamis Fab, and the #1 vehicle dragged in there was Rzrs with broken a-arms.

:lmao:

Joe is awesome!   Looks like a lot rails in there for repairs too.  

Einsteins is plural. "Einstein's" shows possession. Learn your punctuation, then post.

Finally, it's not trash talk if it's 100% true. The truth is called the truth, and BS is called trash talk.

Here's a question for you. What does EVERYONE say when they see a plume of smoke rising anywhere in the ISDRA?

Your s--- talk of the RZR has been around since you went "Einstein" and bought a Wildcat.  LOL!  

Truth is 90% of the RZRs or any SXS that ends up at Joe's is the result of a driver running out of talent.  

Your 100% correct when we see smoke we all think "RZR fire".  

Where did you read that the first batch would only 49 state legal cars? 

California still issues Green stickers. They have eliminated the red sticker program, so all non CARB approved bikes can only be track bikes and can’t be used anywhere on California public lands. 

What Speed has said is they have applied for both 49 & 50 state compliance as the 50 state compliance might not be ready before they can deliver cars. So for those who are outside of California, they could take possession of their 49 state car and not have to wait for the 50 state compliance to be completed. 

I was told by Todd that Speeds process is pretty much complete and right now the biggest hurdle is the CARB/EPA finishing their paperwork and documentation to finalize compliance. Todd has not been given a date of completion, and that is why they were going to file for 49 state, so not to cause more delay in delivering cars that might not need 50 state. 

I’d bet 95% of the customers will need 50 state compliance.
So if you want to get bumped up on the Speed list, change your order to a 49 state car?

California still issues Green stickers. They have eliminated the red sticker program, so all non CARB approved bikes can only be track bikes and can’t be used anywhere on California public lands. 

What Speed has said is they have applied for both 49 & 50 state compliance as the 50 state compliance might not be ready before they can deliver cars. So for those who are outside of California, they could take possession of their 49 state car and not have to wait for the 50 state compliance to be completed. 

I was told by Todd that Speeds process is pretty much complete and right now the biggest hurdle is the CARB/EPA finishing their paperwork and documentation to finalize compliance. Todd has not been given a date of completion, and that is why they were going to file for 49 state, so not to cause more delay in delivering cars that might not need 50 state. 

You're pretty much saying the same thing here...  If the compliance isn't ready, they'll deliver the first cars to those outside of CA who don't need 50 state compliance.  First batch, first deliveries.  Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Gov't entities are still milking COVID, and a lot are "working from home" and not doing chit.  

Your s--- talk of the RZR has been around since you went "Einstein" and bought a Wildcat.  LOL!  

Truth is 90% of the RZRs or any SXS that ends up at Joe's is the result of a driver running out of talent.  

Your 100% correct when we see smoke we all think "RZR fire".  
You're only thinking about the carnage from hitting sand, like a g-out or a witches eye.

Now think about how many engines blew up, model after model, yr after yr after yr, and Polaris told the buyers to eff off. Just ask glamis cheese and crackers, aka big mikey. He bought Rzr after Rzr after Rzr that had every problem under the sun and he finally bought an X3 and now he's willing to tell everyone what a total POS the Rzrs were and that Polaris NEVER honored their warranty.

Again, it's not sh1t talking if it's all true. If you want to verify it, just look up all of the stop sell/stop ride notices Polaris had to put out. I think they covered at least 80% of their Rzrs. They didn't publish those just for fun, it's pretty embarrassing for them to do that, especially EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  :lol:

Why you don't know all of that kind of puzzles me. Seriously. Poor memory? Living under a rock? Denial? Just not that observant? 

Bwahahaa... Punctuation TKO right there  :box1:

My only point is you have been a critic of Polaris longer then Speed was even an option, I'm not a Polaris fanboy by any means myself  :pfight:

It's amazing how many have burned up....wait not amazing...its sad.

I did not read the first batch would be 49 State legal cars. That's just my interpretation from their statement that they applied for both 49 and 50 state certifications. They must have only did this to avoid further delays on delivery.

I don't believe RG or any consumers wants a difference in the machine itself, you don't see Red / Green sticker UTV today...there has not been any right? Think of a 50 state Quad / MX bike now with ARB EPA Crap on it, that would suck on a Speed UTV.....thus the 49 State models will be exactly as the 50 state that come later.

Either way the Red/Green sticker program did change, is soon to end, etc...but its still in effect for a few years based on certain factors.

From 2021 through 2024, the existing red sticker vehicles (before model year 2022) must still be registered and must continue using the riding season schedules historically in place on public lands.

CA ARB regulations provide that on January 1st , 2025, all the red sticker vehicles still registered will be “grand-fathered” into a green sticker-type riding status. They will then be allowed to be used year-round on public lands, the same as all the clean air NOTE: Senate Bill SB 227 failed to pass in the CA State Legislature 2021 session. It would have provided a title and registration for competition motorcycles and ATVs used on public lands as well as spark arrestor and sound level requirements. It is unknown whether the bill will be revisited later.
https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/Public Bulletin for Model Year 2022 and beyond Competion Motorcycle and ATV final.pdf

All I'm saying is be ready to buy a Non-Resident Sticker for your 49 state Speed UTV and check the Red Sticker Calendar for MANY of the dirt (Non-Dune) locations in CA before you go.

https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

You're pretty much saying the same thing here...  If the compliance isn't ready, they'll deliver the first cars to those outside of CA who don't need 50 state compliance.  First batch, first deliveries.  Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Gov't entities are still milking COVID, and a lot are "working from home" and not doing chit.  
4477836.jpg

You're only thinking about the carnage from hitting sand, like a g-out or a witches eye.

Now think about how many engines blew up, model after model, yr after yr after yr, and Polaris told the buyers to eff off. Just ask glamis cheese and crackers, aka big mikey. He bought Rzr after Rzr after Rzr that had every problem under the sun and he finally bought an X3 and now he's willing to tell everyone what a total POS the Rzrs were and that Polaris NEVER honored their warranty.

Again, it's not sh1t talking if it's all true. If you want to verify it, just look up all of the stop sell/stop ride notices Polaris had to put out. I think they covered at least 80% of their Rzrs. They didn't publish those just for fun, it's pretty embarrassing for them to do that, especially EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  :lol:

Why you don't know all of that kind of puzzles me. Seriously. Poor memory? Living under a rock? Denial? Just not that observant? 
You keep posting pictures of cars that have been wrecked like that is a manfacutres fault people get in accidents or run out of talent.   You keep using the pictures as some type of proof of issue. 

I am quite aware of the various issues that come with Polaris. I owned one remember?  I have lots of friends that have them.  I have seen engine failures, transmission failures, bearing failures, and all sorts of stuff.  I had a wiring harness go on my XP1000 just outside my warranty.  LOL!   That was the only issue I had with mine.  I have a friend that had to replace motors and transmissions.  Another friend just lost his turbo motor.  I also have friends that have no issues.     

Polaris has produced more UTVs than any other manufacture.   In 2017 Polaris celebrate producing it's one millionth Ranger.   The stop ride stuff is the "CYA" notice they send out with recalls.  Sure they are annoying and puzzling when they are issued.  It does appear that the issue gets resolved.   

How many RZR fires did you see or hear about in Glamis this season?  

I really want to see how the Speed UTV holds up to joe public and the longevity of the components and engine. 

Hopefully the 50 state deal just happens and there is no wait.

BUT, now I understand why Speed was talking all deliveries at Havasu. Makes sense now, its a plan B if they dont get the 50 state, everybody will pick up at Havasu with an MSO and those who are lucky enough to have an AZ address will just go down to the DMV and get a plate. <---I was planning on this route anyway.

ETA - As stated recently, I would prefer a 50 state car for resale purposes and hopefully this entire discussion is a non issue.
Sounds like the only holdup is CARB taking their sweet time with the paperwork.   

Any recalls on the Arctic Cat XX? 
You already know the answer. They only had a couple service bulletins that delayed dealerships getting them, then you don't have to call them Recalls  :lol:

Question cause I don't know...How many XX units were made in the 4 years they were available?

For comparison sake.

Back