Speed UTV

49 or 50 state won't matter, these are eagerly awaited SXS and the next person will gladly pay top $$ for one.

I don't see it as a resale issue at all...people can get around with a Non-Resident Sticker anyways at some locations, just not all. Red sticker season is during the hottest months to even be in the desert....so even less an issue.

Just a "less desirable" paperwork scenario.

6hc3kr.jpg

To register a out of state sxs in California  DMV will require an inspection. They look for three things the engine and frame serial number and the California CARB/EPA certificate sticker, no sticker no pass. 

Just buy a nonresident sticker? Will not work. The nonresident sticker is clearly print on  This vehicle must meet California emissions.

So you can not use the car in California.

To register a out of state sxs in California  DMV will require an inspection. They look for three things the engine and frame serial number and the California CARB/EPA certificate sticker, no sticker no pass. 

Just buy a nonresident sticker? Will not work. The nonresident sticker is clearly print on  This vehicle must meet California emissions.

There is a process for you to bring a used auto to the state (whether yours or freshly purchased) that's not 50 state compliant, but it has to have at least 8,000 miles on it.  Not sure how you'd do this for UTVs or what the requirements are.

If its 49 state you wouldn't be able to register in CA is my understanding.

I believe on an auto you have to have so many miles on it before it can be registered. Maybe a UTV is different?
I really think it will be a non-issue as they will get the CARB cert.   Their biggest dealers are in CA.     

I can tell you it is a pain in the butt with the inspection if you do not know were all the stickers are located.  

Just get it already @Sand Shark!  I think you’re the most interested in this thing than anyone else here. You’re all over social media concerning the Speed SXS. 🤣 The Bandit would look good with you in it :sraptor:  

Kinda like the little boy who teases and picks on the little girl. Not because he does not like her, but because he’s got a crush on her. That’s Sand Shark and the Speed car. He teases, he tells you he does like it, but the more sees and hears about it the more he has a crush and loves it. 

Sing with me! 
Sand Shark loves a Speed Car, Sand Shark loves the Speed car!  
Lol! 

I secretly am in a Speed UTV dating app.   

I have moved on to Kawi as Speed is not putting out.  LOL! 

Kawi has a new 4 seater being release next month.  

Back