Speed UTV

I believe there are some things that are going to be out of control and Speed‘s just gonna have to wait for the world to catch up unless they’ve got some suppliers that are putting them at the front of the line

with 28,000 parts in one of these things  it is going to be crazy here I think for the next year and a half

I work for a company that provides engineering and technical services to commercial office buildings and high-rises across the country probably the largest in the country at what it does nevertheless we had a manufacturing delay and pricing update from hundreds of suppliers this week the out look is pretty bleak we starting to see layoffs even in many of the subcontractor companies that we use due to the fact that they can’t even get parts and equipment as needed to keep their people busy on jobs that are already booked Here is just part of the list

I hope I’m wrong but I think everybody’s just gonna have to continue to be patient hold on to what they have hopefully they will get the first couple hundred cars to people before October and we will start to see people putting them to use 

Besides what I posted below it looks like food could be the next crisis if Cove it doesn’t rise its ugly head again

Not trying to be doom and gloom here but the forecast I’m seeing on multiple levels still looks like things are not gonna return back to normal till maybe 24 or 25 if we’re lucky

HVAC

➢ Water Cooled Chillers (All Types): 30 weeks
➢ Air Cooled Chillers (All Types): 21 – 48 weeks
➢ Air Handling Units:  10 – 34 Weeks
➢ Panel Upgrades: 12 Weeks
➢ Controls: 10 Weeks – 40 Weeks
➢ Purge: 10 Weeks
➢ Insulation: No Stock
➢ Several sizes of copper piping are no longer available
➢ Overhaul Projects delays are running 24 weeks due to parts
➢ Circuit boards for chiller panels are 30 weeks 
➢ Pricing is strictly enforced at 30 days from proposals anything after that is subject to review.
➢ There have been four price increases since September of 2021. And they now come without notice.
➢ There is no rule of thumb to follow now on increases as everyone is reactionary. 
➢ May 16th, Contractors got hit with another across the board 18% increase
➢ Contractors along with Manufacturers are starting to change their terms to the quote is good for one day only
➢ There is discussion of potential layoffs due to parts not being shipped. Johnson Controls has started laying off service personnel
➢ Starting in June there will be a 30% increase in equipment and parts
➢ On January 1, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy’s new minimum efficiency standards will go into effect
o Trane has cut off the number of made to order RTUs. Cutoff date for 25 tons and under: May 26th, and cutoff date for 20-50-ton Voyagers and Ipaks: June 3rd
Electrical

➢ Equipment 800 amps and higher: 30 weeks
➢ ATS and Generators: 45 Weeks
➢ Material Pricing: has leveled out, but expecting at least a 3% increase per quarter
➢ Stainless Steel conduit: Tripled in Cost
➢ Coated Conduit: 6 Weeks
➢ Commodities: 6% increase per quarter
Elevators

➢ Hydraulic Elevators: 12 – 14 Weeks
➢ Traction Elevators: 18 – 20 Weeks
➢ Mod Markets are vey slow across the country
➢ New Union 5-year agreements have just been ratified with all elevators companies with a 3.5% salary increase every year.
EMS

➢ Equipment: 10 – 16 Weeks
➢ Growing concerns on the availability of certain equipment that have “chips”
➢ Delays on peripheral equipment that do not have “chips”: 4 - 6 Months
➢ 350% increase in cost on peripheral equipment
➢ Control Relays: 2 – 4 Months with a 300% cost increase
➢ Pricing has increased 10% - 15% on average
Life Safety

➢ Equipment: Delays are ranging from 30 – 60 Days or longer with no guarantees of a shipping date.
➢ Starting to see significant delays in notification devises
➢ Material Pricing: 22% increase in equipment cost in less than 12months
➢ Anticipating improvement in equipment delays starting in June
Roofing

➢ TPO: 10 - 12 Months, anticipating a 10% - 15% price increase per quarter.
➢ ISO: 10 - 12 Months
➢ Modified: 1 – 2 Months
➢ PVC Membranes: 10 – 12 Months
➢ Manufacturers will not declare final pricing until Time of Shipment.
➢ JM and GAF are into the 2023 1st Qtr. on new orders with ISO/Coverboard & Fasteners  
Waterproofing

➢ Currently, polyurethane and silicone sealant lead times areabout 3 – 5 weeks.  Contractors have seen lead times as far out as 6 – 12 weeks depending on color.  
➢ Many of these standard products are seeing increases in the 20% to 30% range either on the unit price or in the form of a Manufacturer’s Surcharge.  The surcharges they’re seeing are between 25% and 40%.
➢ Silicones have been hit hard with price increases.  Several manufacturers have cut their color selections to focus manufacturing on the more popular colors so in essence, certain colors are no longer available
➢ Manufacturers are also increasing restrictions on specially priced projects.  Normally if a contractor has a project that has a large amount of material, they’ll get with the manufacturer for a special price quote.  In the past, these quotes would normally be honored for up to 6 months, allowing time for bidding and contract execution.  Currently, many manufacturers are only holding these prices for 30 to 60 days so they can adjust special quotes if needed.
“CHIPS”

➢ Industry experts expects the “chip” shortage to last until 2024
➢ The combination of surging demand for consumer products that contain chips and pandemic-related disruptions in production has led to shortages and skyrocketing prices for semiconductors over the past two years
➢ Last month the lead time when a “chip” is ordered and delivered increased three days to 26.2 weeks 
Fuel

➢ Truck Trip Charges has increased 20%
➢ Many contractors have added a 10% fuel surcharge
➢ Markets need to check with their local suppliers regarding Fuel Oil reserves

Looks like the trip to Hong Kong is going to be a long trip thanks to quarantine rules 

B8B4E8FF-1A6D-4CA9-BC7F-8CF976B7CFF5.png

I believe there are some things that are going to be out of control and Speed‘s just gonna have to wait for the world to catch up unless they’ve got some suppliers that are putting them at the front of the line

with 28,000 parts in one of these things  it is going to be crazy here I think for the next year and a half

I work for a company that provides engineering and technical services to commercial office buildings and high-rises across the country probably the largest in the country at what it does nevertheless we had a manufacturing delay and pricing update from hundreds of suppliers this week the out look is pretty bleak we starting to see layoffs even in many of the subcontractor companies that we use due to the fact that they can’t even get parts and equipment as needed to keep their people busy on jobs that are already booked Here is just part of the list

I hope I’m wrong but I think everybody’s just gonna have to continue to be patient hold on to what they have hopefully they will get the first couple hundred cars to people before October and we will start to see people putting them to use 

Besides what I posted below it looks like food could be the next crisis if Cove it doesn’t rise its ugly head again

Not trying to be doom and gloom here but the forecast I’m seeing on multiple levels still looks like things are not gonna return back to normal till maybe 24 or 25 if we’re lucky

HVAC

➢ Water Cooled Chillers (All Types): 30 weeks
➢ Air Cooled Chillers (All Types): 21 – 48 weeks
➢ Air Handling Units:  10 – 34 Weeks
➢ Panel Upgrades: 12 Weeks
➢ Controls: 10 Weeks – 40 Weeks
➢ Purge: 10 Weeks
➢ Insulation: No Stock
➢ Several sizes of copper piping are no longer available
➢ Overhaul Projects delays are running 24 weeks due to parts
➢ Circuit boards for chiller panels are 30 weeks 
➢ Pricing is strictly enforced at 30 days from proposals anything after that is subject to review.
➢ There have been four price increases since September of 2021. And they now come without notice.
➢ There is no rule of thumb to follow now on increases as everyone is reactionary. 
➢ May 16th, Contractors got hit with another across the board 18% increase
➢ Contractors along with Manufacturers are starting to change their terms to the quote is good for one day only
➢ There is discussion of potential layoffs due to parts not being shipped. Johnson Controls has started laying off service personnel
➢ Starting in June there will be a 30% increase in equipment and parts
➢ On January 1, 2023, the U.S. Department of Energy’s new minimum efficiency standards will go into effect
o Trane has cut off the number of made to order RTUs. Cutoff date for 25 tons and under: May 26th, and cutoff date for 20-50-ton Voyagers and Ipaks: June 3rd
Electrical

➢ Equipment 800 amps and higher: 30 weeks
➢ ATS and Generators: 45 Weeks
➢ Material Pricing: has leveled out, but expecting at least a 3% increase per quarter
➢ Stainless Steel conduit: Tripled in Cost
➢ Coated Conduit: 6 Weeks
➢ Commodities: 6% increase per quarter
Elevators

➢ Hydraulic Elevators: 12 – 14 Weeks
➢ Traction Elevators: 18 – 20 Weeks
➢ Mod Markets are vey slow across the country
➢ New Union 5-year agreements have just been ratified with all elevators companies with a 3.5% salary increase every year.
EMS

➢ Equipment: 10 – 16 Weeks
➢ Growing concerns on the availability of certain equipment that have “chips”
➢ Delays on peripheral equipment that do not have “chips”: 4 - 6 Months
➢ 350% increase in cost on peripheral equipment
➢ Control Relays: 2 – 4 Months with a 300% cost increase
➢ Pricing has increased 10% - 15% on average
Life Safety

➢ Equipment: Delays are ranging from 30 – 60 Days or longer with no guarantees of a shipping date.
➢ Starting to see significant delays in notification devises
➢ Material Pricing: 22% increase in equipment cost in less than 12months
➢ Anticipating improvement in equipment delays starting in June
Roofing

➢ TPO: 10 - 12 Months, anticipating a 10% - 15% price increase per quarter.
➢ ISO: 10 - 12 Months
➢ Modified: 1 – 2 Months
➢ PVC Membranes: 10 – 12 Months
➢ Manufacturers will not declare final pricing until Time of Shipment.
➢ JM and GAF are into the 2023 1st Qtr. on new orders with ISO/Coverboard & Fasteners  
Waterproofing

➢ Currently, polyurethane and silicone sealant lead times areabout 3 – 5 weeks.  Contractors have seen lead times as far out as 6 – 12 weeks depending on color.  
➢ Many of these standard products are seeing increases in the 20% to 30% range either on the unit price or in the form of a Manufacturer’s Surcharge.  The surcharges they’re seeing are between 25% and 40%.
➢ Silicones have been hit hard with price increases.  Several manufacturers have cut their color selections to focus manufacturing on the more popular colors so in essence, certain colors are no longer available
➢ Manufacturers are also increasing restrictions on specially priced projects.  Normally if a contractor has a project that has a large amount of material, they’ll get with the manufacturer for a special price quote.  In the past, these quotes would normally be honored for up to 6 months, allowing time for bidding and contract execution.  Currently, many manufacturers are only holding these prices for 30 to 60 days so they can adjust special quotes if needed.
“CHIPS”

➢ Industry experts expects the “chip” shortage to last until 2024
➢ The combination of surging demand for consumer products that contain chips and pandemic-related disruptions in production has led to shortages and skyrocketing prices for semiconductors over the past two years
➢ Last month the lead time when a “chip” is ordered and delivered increased three days to 26.2 weeks 
Fuel

➢ Truck Trip Charges has increased 20%
➢ Many contractors have added a 10% fuel surcharge
➢ Markets need to check with their local suppliers regarding Fuel Oil reserves
Just got an update from most of my suppliers this week. Delays, delays, delays. Even worse if you’re ordering from Europe. 

I bet this is it... Robby and Todd finally ran off to Asia with all the deposits... I KNEW it was a scam the whole time...... no way they could pull it off.. Now Robby and Todd are gonna hide out in Asia living the good life..... damn... I admit when I'm wrong.... I wanted to believe them, but this is the smoking gun....

Just got an update from most of my suppliers this week. Delays, delays, delays. Even worse if you’re ordering from Europe. 
I dealt with several Yurrupeein accessory manufacturers, and even in good times backorders were a problem, and when August rolled around, especially for Italian companies, they all go on holiday, and you are SOL.

I dealt with several Yurrupeein accessory manufacturers, and even in good times backorders were a problem, and when August rolled around, especially for Italian companies, they all go on holiday, and you are SOL.
Yep. No one even answers the phone. All gone for the month. 

The problem is real, its impacting everything these days. It's not a new issue, its just worse then we have seen before.

4sojtr.jpg

I just in the course of an hour had three new projects that were scheduled to start immediately postpone for 6 months, They however want to proceed with acquiring the fixtures, gear and lighting controls. This makes work for me in November but makes it so I now have to find some work to keep me going until then.  99.9% of my projects need  minimum of one of the three of those.

Why would you not know this before you even booked the flights and at that point postpone your trip and continue with the Zoom meetings, Is at least a month of your time and expense worth waiting another 6- 9 months, after all are you really going to get anything out of a place that is back in lockdown with a two week quarantine anytime soon.  

Why would you not know this before you even booked the flights and at that point postpone your trip and continue with the Zoom meetings, Is at least a month of your time and expense worth waiting another 6- 9 months, after all are you really going to get anything out of a place that is back in lockdown with a two week quarantine anytime soon.  
Maybe an all expense paid trip to your local Chinese COVID Concentration Camp?

I just in the course of an hour had three new projects that were scheduled to start immediately postpone for 6 months, They however want to proceed with acquiring the fixtures, gear and lighting controls. This makes work for me in November but makes it so I now have to find some work to keep me going until then.  99.9% of my projects need  minimum of one of the three of those.
Yep.  I have 3 automation installs that should've been done 6-12 months ago still stringing along as we wait for chit.  Running out of training for the field guys...

They did know this. That’s why they had to fly into HK and stay a week in their designated quarantine hotel for people entering the country. It’s sound like the second stop on their trip might have changed the rules and are requiring a second week of quarantine for international travelers. 

While Zoom & Teams are revolutionary compared to what we did prior Covid, it’s still no substitute for boots on the ground and being hands on in those factories and conference rooms. The company I work for has been a leader in our industry and part of our success is the partners and in personal  relationships with have with our factories. We have been doing this long enough to have established reps that are on our payroll that live in Asia that can get in & out quicker, but the Asian culture has more respect for the Westerner that is there in person. 

It’s been said Speed does have someone in Asia, but right now it’s very important that Robby or Todd and the U.S engineering team is there to see first hand, as this is all new. BTW this is not the first Asian trip for them. Back at the Sand Show I was talking to a few Speed guys that I know and they were telling me a few stories of being over there and the tours and meetings they had been in. 

If you have never dealt with Asia manufacturing. They will give you 90% if you don’t demand 100% and follow through with them. 
 Maybe when RG said interesting stuff ahead in 45 days, he knew they would be quarantined for several weeks.  

Back