Speed UTV

I watched the show last night.  Todd explained everything quite well.  Just figuring out the production line process seems like a headache.  Then when they make a change on a part to help the process it really throws things back farther.   Then add in having to get multiple vendor sources for parts and make sure they meet your expectations.   Sounds like maybe the end of the year there might be cars to the customers.   

They might have some pre-production cars at the Sand Show. 

Glad to hear the Bandit will be 100" wheelbase car.  RG said he would discuss that more next week.

The price hikes we all knew were coming and those that got in early should be real happy with the pricing they locked in.   The Speed UTV after August will be pricy.  

The Yamaha needs help in the suspension department.  My friend is selling his YXZ because the suspension is brutal and he is getting beat up trying to keep up with turbo cars in the group. 
Sold mine for the same reason, That and I just kept killing the no belt drive line trying to keep up with the drive lines with the belts. Sure they broke a lot more belts then I broke drive lines but I think I spent more money fixing my drive line in the 3 times I broke it than the rest of the group did replacing belts and clutches.

Yore experience with the YXZ has been no bueno amigo :crusty:

Sold mine for the same reason, That and I just kept killing the no belt drive line trying to keep up with the drive lines with the belts. Sure they broke a lot more belts then I broke drive lines but I think I spent more money fixing my drive line in the 3 times I broke it than the rest of the group did replacing belts and clutches.
A longer wheelbase trailing arm version of the YXZ with a turbo would be a good set up. 

The reality is the belts hold up pretty well in the turbo cars.  The clutching guys also have done a better job of getting these cars dialed in. I killed two belts last season and that was due to the clutches being worn out after 7000+ miles.  The two seasons before I had not broken a belt in the dunes, just one on a dry lake bed going over 90mph.  

Even RG figured a belt drive was a better option.  

RG cracks me up every time he tells his viewers in the comments that they have no idea what it takes or how long it takes to design, build and bring something like this into production. I’m like maybe you guys have no idea either. 😳😂 They’re learning now though.
Hopefully they figure out the assembly line process and start pumping out those 80 cars a day sooner than later. 🤞🏽

RG cracks me up every time he tells his viewers in the comments that they have no idea what it takes or how long it takes to design, build and bring something like this into production. I’m like maybe you guys have no idea either. 😳😂 They’re learning now though.
Hopefully they figure out the assembly line process and start pumping out those 80 cars a day sooner than later. 🤞🏽
LOL!   I think they are realizing why Polaris and Textron were pushing back on RG and some of his ideas.  They knew the production and assembly line issues some of those ideas would cause. 

80 cars a day I do not think we will see for quite a while.  Some production cars we hopefully by the end of the year.  

Imo, RG bit off more than he can chew. Will he pull it off? Idk, he seems determined. I almost put $$$ down at the 2019 SSSS, but they didn't even know what motor they were using. Should have just cloned the Z1 motor in china.  I am not a hater. I applaud him trying to bring a world beating SxS to market and I hope he pulls it off.

So why would RG get defensive when asked to show production cars? I thought this was supposed to be a transparent build/operation? I am hearing some chatter out there that's not sounding so good boys! For all you Bible thumpers out there,say a prayer tonight for the deposit holders. 

I hope he pulls off at least a few hundred of these cars!

Here is 6 days of Can Am production up in flames.  It was over 1000 cars.  They claim there will be no disruption and production will resume.  I bet they get those customers orders filled.

Kinda of puts in perspective the 80 cars a day goal of Speed UTV is really not that many cars a day and should be doable.  

187162A0-B787-4439-8137-89145623C10E.png

Here is 6 days of Can Am production up in flames.  It was over 1000 cars.  They claim there will be no disruption and production will resume.  I bet they get those customers orders filled.

Kinda of puts in perspective the 80 cars a day goal of Speed UTV is really not that many cars a day and should be doable.  

View attachment 9514
Sand SSarkisian, I was unaware Speed had a manufacturing facility to match the production of companies like BRP. Are you holding back info on us? 

Sand SSarkisian, I was unaware Speed had a manufacturing facility to match the production of companies like BRP. Are you holding back info on us? 
I doubt the manufacturing set up Speed is using could keep up with BRPs morning production line. They have 3 factories in Mexico LOL!  

Can-Am

200.gif

Speed

200.gif

:lol:

The Yamaha needs help in the suspension department.  My friend is selling his YXZ because the suspension is brutal and he is getting beat up trying to keep up with turbo cars in the group. 
Drove a buddy's YXZ with the Fox shock option through the whoops in the Washes...  Never before have I experienced such a combination of compliancy (no harsh bottoming, good control) and nausea-inducing head toss.  It was surreal how it wasn't at all painful but crazily disorienting.  Friend driving (not the owner) and I fell out of it laughing trying not to puke when we got back to camp.  LOL.

LOL!   I think they are realizing why Polaris and Textron were pushing back on RG and some of his ideas.  They knew the production and assembly line issues some of those ideas would cause. 

80 cars a day I do not think we will see for quite a while.  Some production cars we hopefully by the end of the year.  
Once upon a couple of decades ago, I spent 6 months at Nissan USA.  I spent more time getting shot down by the accountants and manufacturing engineers than I ever did designing anything.  Decided the auto industry wasn't for me.  :biggrin:

View attachment 9514
Still more RZRs have burned in the dunes alone than Can Ams at the plant. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove a buddy's YXZ with the Fox shock option through the whoops in the Washes...  Never before have I experienced such a combination of compliancy (no harsh bottoming, good control) and nausea-inducing head toss.  It was surreal how it wasn't at all painful but crazily disorienting.  Friend driving (not the owner) and I fell out of it laughing trying not to puke when we got back to camp.  LOL.

Once upon a couple of decades ago, I spent 6 months at Nissan USA.  I spent more time getting shot down by the accountants and manufacturing engineers than I ever did designing anything.  Decided the auto industry wasn't for me.  :biggrin:

Still more RZRs have burned in the dunes alone than Can Ams at the plant. :biggrin:
I have been in a few YXZs and it was not a fun ride in the whoops or the rough stuff.  Put at least the YXZ does not catch on fire.  LOL! 

Robby is pre releasing SPEEDY the 13th, claiming the movie will be in your hands on or before Halloween!  How many speed die hards have pre ordered it? 

Back