Speed UTV

Anyone tell me in the short what the last video detailed and where we stand on deliveries or 1st 10 productions. Either way I am in, but thought it was interesting someone got 15K for their spot.

So you went from calling it a Ponzi scheme to claiming you're a potential buyer.

I don't know whether that's progress, or you can't keep your stories straight. At any rate, I don't have any more answers for you than Robby does. I'm not in any big hurry, I have toys to drive and I figure the longer it takes him to go into production, the more little details he'll try to perfect.

If you're really a potential buyer, I'd recommend buying someone else's spot they're selling, because prices are already going up. 
I’m not buying a spot, I’ll wait to see them running if it ever happens. I just have my suspicions. I'm same as you, have my Funco and a SXS to rip around, don’t need another toy. 

Anyone tell me in the short what the last video detailed and where we stand on deliveries or 1st 10 productions. Either way I am in, but thought it was interesting someone got 15K for their spot.
Last week he showed the change in the turbo manifold set up and a few other things.  No mention of delivery dates or the talk of the the 10 pre-production cars. 

If someone got 15K for one of their spots good for them. 

So just how many orders roughly have been taken? When does a dealership get their cars? What is the expected timeframe of when an average person can walk into a dealer and get one?

So just how many orders roughly have been taken? When does a dealership get their cars? What is the expected timeframe of when an average person can walk into a dealer and get one?
The number I heard thrown around was 12,000 deposits have been made.   Not sure of the first 250 cars how many are allocated to dealers versus individuals.

If you look on Craiglist some of the dealers are advertising already.  Best guess is some point next year the average person should be able to walk into a dealer and pick one up.  Dealer mark up is going to be interesting. 

@IFLY based on my bad memory.... I recall direct pre-orders in the 3200 range but the dealers are another #. In one of the early videos Todd was explaining the commitment level of a dealer in the 10-50 units each and how they had to aquire floor space financing

I couldn’t even fit any of these models in my TH… happy to stick with Polaris.. at least I know what I’m getting..

Put probably $7k in my TH.

So easy… way too much work to ‘change teams’… maybe in 2-4 years.

We’ll see .. just want to ride with them…

I can tell you with the 32” tires.. huge clearance and short wheel base, I was eating $100k JKs for breakfast…with my Turbo S.

… all day..

2119E776-5C9A-4619-87F4-E15152075FD7.jpeg

6B49954D-8ADD-4214-BEED-B3A7F1487D9E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that RG works out the problems and gets his cars to market.  I think having a innovative high end utv in the market place will force all the other mfgrs to improve their cars.  However there are rumors, patent applications and sightings of prototypes that RG’s competition are working on.  In addition to improved suspension the prototypes all have transmissions instead of CVT belts.                                                                                                     I have a YXZ and I love being able to cruise at high speeds at relatively low rpm.  I ride with a guy with a Wildcat XX and I really like his car except for the belt.  His car is really noisy as the motor is always turning high rpm.  Of course the belt is better for rock crawling.  My YXZ has the 2019 gears along with LT setup and I don’t have any problems on Black diamond jeep trails.  I’ve seen the patent applications from Yamaha for a long travel extended wheel base YXZ.  I think that will be my next sxs if they have a three pedal version.

I hope that RG works out the problems and gets his cars to market.  I think having a innovative high end utv in the market place will force all the other mfgrs to improve their cars.  However there are rumors, patent applications and sightings of prototypes that RG’s competition are working on.  In addition to improved suspension the prototypes all have transmissions instead of CVT belts.                                                                                                     I have a YXZ and I love being able to cruise at high speeds at relatively low rpm.  I ride with a guy with a Wildcat XX and I really like his car except for the belt.  His car is really noisy as the motor is always turning high rpm.  Of course the belt is better for rock crawling.  My YXZ has the 2019 gears along with LT setup and I don’t have any problems on Black diamond jeep trails.  I’ve seen the patent applications from Yamaha for a long travel extended wheel base YXZ.  I think that will be my next sxs if they have a three pedal version.
A trailing arm version of the YXZ would be really nice.  Johnny Greaves built one he was running at King of the Hammers this year.  

Okay Speed UTV diehards what is the latest?  I have not seen much social media post from RG and company. 

So will the Speed UTV be available before the new Vanderhall electric UTV?  Vanderhall wants $100 deposit. 

A trailing arm version of the YXZ would be really nice.  Johnny Greaves built one he was running at King of the Hammers this year.  
 Yeah,  I think I saw that car at KOH and it was doing well.  I think they crashed and DNFed.  If Yamaha does carry over the  Greeves car suspension to production I hope they keep it lite.  Some of the new sxs cars are getting really heavy.

Yeah,  I think I saw that car at KOH and it was doing well.  I think they crashed and DNFed.  If Yamaha does carry over the  Greeves car suspension to production I hope they keep it lite.  Some of the new sxs cars are getting really heavy.

The Yamaha needs help in the suspension department.  My friend is selling his YXZ because the suspension is brutal and he is getting beat up trying to keep up with turbo cars in the group. 

The Yamaha needs help in the suspension department.  My friend is selling his YXZ because the suspension is brutal and he is getting beat up trying to keep up with turbo cars in the group. 
That’s the problem with the pre 2019 YXZs.  Mine is a 16 that I bought new and the suspension would really beat you up.  Now I have the Fireball LT that adds 7” width and 3.5” length and it really improves the ride/ handling.  

That’s the problem with the pre 2019 YXZs.  Mine is a 16 that I bought new and the suspension would really beat you up.  Now I have the Fireball LT that adds 7” width and 3.5” length and it really improves the ride/ handling.  
My friend does not want to sink a bunch of money into his YXZ.  He would want a turbo on it as well. 

Watched last night's episode. I certainly understand how long it takes to take on such an undertaking, and I said immediately after their announcement at SSSS that there was no way they could meet such a timeline, even without Covid. Optimistic doesn't even begin to describe what was promised. I find it amusing that RG gets so butthurt defensive about folks talking about "delay", when he himself is who set the ridiculous timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back