Speed UTV

Yep. The length of the tabs is problematic but not hard to deal with.  I'd guess the coil bucket sitting directly on the clevis mitigates some (salty desert mud + aluminum + steel anyone? :biggrin: ), combined with the overall beef/material choice compared to welded on tabs.  Looking at photos, I'm assuming forged steel since it's painted.  Polaris isn't really prone to chassis failure as a company (Can Am is much "better" at that), just shitty shock choices (Walker Evans pretzels anyone?) and of course the ever-present lack of ability to address car-b-ques.  

But no, you can't just throw some 1/4" mild steel at it like you would tabs on a control arm, but not that different than the extended shock ends you see on some desert racers:

Hell, Fox will sell you this thing for their big boy shocks:

https://www.kartek.com/parts/fox-3-coil-over-or-35-4-44-bypass-shock-bottom-eyelet-56-top-edge-to-cntr-use-34-uniball.html

My guess is they'll all burn to the ground or assplode diffs/gearboxes before that clevis fails in regular use. :biggrin:
The Walker Evans Velocity shock is a pretty decent shock.  That is what Polaris is using on the non-live valve models.  Once enough of the Pro R and Turbo R cars are out I am sure both Fox and Walker will offer a fancy billet clevis.   When I was talking to the Polaris people when I was checking out the Pro R they said they had to go with a beefier front diff. They tried using the Turbo front diff and it would not hold up during testing.  

Fabwerx uses an extended eyelet for his trailing arms for the X3.  

The Walker Evans Velocity shock is a pretty decent shock.  That is what Polaris is using on the non-live valve models.  Once enough of the Pro R and Turbo R cars are out I am sure both Fox and Walker will offer a fancy billet clevis.   When I was talking to the Polaris people when I was checking out the Pro R they said they had to go with a beefier front diff. They tried using the Turbo front diff and it would not hold up during testing.  

Fabwerx uses an extended eyelet for his trailing arms for the X3.  
Probably so it'll actually use the bumpstop, lol.

It could be very cool to have an "Early" model, gen 1 or whatever...

238572.jpg

Isn't that the difference here?  Because an MFG like Polaris is just like 

AP19316499101839.jpg

:add:

It's always tempting to be the first in line. But it's a proven over time gen 1 of just about anything has issues. I would agree with most members being a higher # is a good problem! 
I'm not complaining about my $6500 discount one bit.  :classic_cool:

A price to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robby drops the mic on doubters, haters and chit talkers in tonight’s show. Pay attention to the last few minutes of the show. He tells you the future of where Speed is going. UTV’s are just the beginning. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc6yPK5Fso4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
A good show.   Pretty damn impressive how far they are considering everything was from the ground up.  

He wants to manufacture more than UTVs.  He does not lack ambition.  

Last edited by a moderator:
@NIKAL This thread is for fun with some information sprinkled in about the Speed UTV.   

Most truly technical threads that stay on topic usually happen when people actually have driven the particular vehicle and either have a question about how to fix something or they want to share the work they have done.   We are still months away from that with the Speed UTV.  Once you guys start driving your Speed UTV and start working on them those threads will start, if the owners choose to share their experience.  

I would bet that if you met most of the people on this forum you would find them to be good people.  Some of my good friends I have met because of this forum or other forums.  At the end of the day we all have the common interest of off-roading.

P.S. - I have the entire Harbor Freight set of large sockets. Of which I carry the socket that fits the axle nut for the X3 and the ones I can use to press out or in a balljoint.  LOL!  

Good week on the path to 200.  I go out of town for work, jump on today and I think you guys added 10 pages.  Of course roughly three people made up 75% of the posts.

Back