Speed UTV

1tjj9f.jpg

It's only one guys account of what he saw right?

These kind of rumors spread too fast :lol:

Hopefully they have no hiccups with the CARB cert.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF supplied parts aren’t an issue might see my car around September, enough parts for the first lucky 50. 0E8DB705-059C-4934-A4B1-824394CB4097.jpeg

8006E4FE-96C7-4367-A934-A9681123E59C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
www.instagram.com/p/Cbd-RRMMJM1/
Encouraging for the first 50 cars if they start production on April 1 as planned.   That article said 90 days for deliver after production, which put the first 50 taking deliver in summer.  

I just like New UTV Models, this is getting exciting. 

You can almost see the Speed El Diablo lights coming at you from across the dunes/trails.

I just like New UTV Models, this is getting exciting. 

You can almost see the Speed El Diablo lights coming at you from across the dunes/trails.
No, that’s a train!

So my cousin was visiting this weekend and he is getting closer to buying a car. He would use his car 50/50 dunes and desert. I told him if it was me I would be putting money down on a Speed car. I have followed this thread but don't remember these items. First in a two seater would the 95" or 110" car be better. I told him I felt the 110" especially for the whoops in Glamis.  So is the wheelbase the only difference in the Bandit and El Diablo? He did like the idea of more storage in back as well if that is the case. For the El Diablo they are showing $37,999 but then under the drop down and MSRP it shows Base $30,000 LE $34,999 RG $37,999. What is the difference? Can you even buy a lower price version or is the price now the $38K? I was showing him my Can Am and all of the aftermarket parts to make it stronger. Geiser Bro front bulkhead and rear plate. S3 Shock tower brace. Taco kit for the arms. Shock Therapy springs and revalve. Only 800 miles on my car and I have already killed a front CV boot in the desert. Wrapped it with ziplock bags to get through the rest of that trip. ( Desert). Tore it apart and replaced just the boot and regreased the CV. Most people would not do that much work and just buy an axle.  Then in Glamis the only trip I had it down there it killed another front CV boot on the other side. Happened early in a ride and sand absolutely murdered the CV and axle. $360 for an axle at vendors and a few hours labor I had it back up and running. Those boots are a hard almost plastic and sure seem like a weak link. What is Robbie doing? Will his be more robust? Showed him some videos of the Pro R as well. But aren't those cars $40k but selling higher? We did look through all of the 8 pages of Speed accessories you can buy. If you don't go crazy it sure seems like the Speed is still going to be the best value. That is if they can get them built on a large scale without supply chain issues. So..... curios on my questions and also if you currently had to plunk down the 4k deposit for a Speed which car would you order? With the current amount of orders and best case Robbies vision of how many cars he can get built I wonder how long for a car if ordered now. 6 months? Another year? We did look at a bunch of used Can Ams on FP MP and it seems like a car with under 1500 miles and dressed with stronger parts including a cage he would have to spend at least $35k. What say you. He does like the look of the Speed car. 

I have another question for those that have Speed cars on order. What items did you add that you felt were a must. Not including foofy stuff like stereos, windshields, bumpers, etc. I guess for me I would want a radio, paddle set with beadlocks, lightbar, rear storage box, beadlocks and spare tire with mount for the desert, rear skid plate, side mirrors, and 5 pt harnesses. The Speed key and extra HP would be a decision to make. Can that be ordered later after you have the car? I did also see the $2500 upgrade for LE to RG on the 2 seater. Again that goes back to my question in the previous post exactly what is that?

I have another question for those that have Speed cars on order. What items did you add that you felt were a must. Not including foofy stuff like stereos, windshields, bumpers, etc. I guess for me I would want a radio, paddle set with beadlocks, lightbar, rear storage box, beadlocks and spare tire with mount for the desert, rear skid plate, side mirrors, and 5 pt harnesses. The Speed key and extra HP would be a decision to make. Can that be ordered later after you have the car? I did also see the $2500 upgrade for LE to RG on the 2 seater. Again that goes back to my question in the previous post exactly what is that?
That is pretty much how I spec'd my diablo but I did add the windshield option. When we ride up north in the summer, the windshield really helps keep you dry when the monsoons hit.  When I finalized my order last month I added the air pumper since I run one in the rail and will use the same helmet in the sxs.

Back