Speed UTV

the ordering/payment is gonna be interesting for sure

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO,

Run the financing through their established loan system and have the vehicle delivered to their facility or satellite dealer.

Delivery damages are on them and if you don't like it when you see it, don't take it. As long as you do not take it off the lot it's not yours whether you signed for it or not.

Car dealers are the same way. You can sign the paperwork and come back the next day to cancel as long as you don't take delivery. If you haven't taken delivery you cannot be held responsible for the loan for products that you didn't receive.

If you like it, take delivery and pay off the loan as soon as you have an account number.

I don't think they will take cash but may take a credit card or postal MO. Maybe even a check in advance.

I have no skin in this as I haven't put a deposit down nor do I currently have plans to buy a Speed. However, I would tread lightly when a manufacturer requires you to pay for something in advance of delivery. Especially a new product. Lots of potential issues for delays, defects or shipping issues. If they put language in like FOB their factory I would be very concerned. It means once it leaves their door it is yours. Shipping issues, customs issues, dealer issues, you name it, you are now squarely in the potential liability seat. I've never heard of anyone expecting you to buy a product like this with full payment in advance of taking delivery. Smells suspect to me. Why aren't they going to a dealer and you show up there and final pay and complete the transaction? 

I have no skin in this as I haven't put a deposit down nor do I currently have plans to buy a Speed. However, I would tread lightly when a manufacturer requires you to pay for something in advance of delivery. Especially a new product. Lots of potential issues for delays, defects or shipping issues. If they put language in like FOB their factory I would be very concerned. It means once it leaves their door it is yours. Shipping issues, customs issues, dealer issues, you name it, you are now squarely in the potential liability seat. I've never heard of anyone expecting you to buy a product like this with full payment in advance of taking delivery. Smells suspect to me. Why aren't they going to a dealer and you show up there and final pay and complete the transaction? 
SPEED is a direct to consumer dealer, plus a dealer showroom in Lake Havasu, AZ (probably setup the RGM shops is SoCal and Charlotte as showrooms too).
Then they have 2nd tier dealers like Coyne, Berts, etc....

Maybe he will address it in the live stream tonight. The car will be badass.

Here is my email I drafted last night. 

Contemplating whether to send it or not, I think they are valid questions.

I'm on the fence on sending it and just waiting til the the actual details come out. Maybe I'm in the small majority of people who have been Effed over in this industry before, I do not enjoy getting taken for a ride.

I am first batch, maybe if I was 2nd or 3rd batch my level of concern would be much lower.

Hello Speed UTV,

Thank you for the email.

I have some questions regarding the language in the terms and conditions and need specifics.

"You will be contacted Approx. 30 days prior to delivery for final payment options and delivery options"

1.) What does this vague language mean? 
2.) What are the final payment options/terms? 
3.) Do I have to pay for this vehicle in full before it is delivered?
   a.) If so, what is the recourse for damages, misinstalled options, incorrect options, faulty systems, manufacturing defects, etc.?
4.) Where is the vehicle delivered to?
5.) At what point do we get the pink slip/title?
6.) How is the vehicle insured during delivery?
7.) What are the repercussions for failed or incorrect delivery? 

Please note, I purchased my preorder in September of 2019 and paid an additional ~$10,000 as soon as you wanted the other items/options paid for. I would like to pay cash/certified funds and pay for the balance of the vehicle when I pick the vehicle up; same as any other UTV or vehicle purchase.

As you can see, there are a lot of unknowns and a lot at risk for paying for a vehicle in full prior to even laying eyes on it. These details are critical for a valid contract. Please advise and resend a valid contract that addresses these critical details.

[SIZE=12.8px]Thank you[/SIZE]
Those are legit concerns.   Hopefully they respond in a way that eases those concerns. 

I think it is a great email. Well written and not obtuse (yes, I learned this word from shawshank redemption). I would like to know those answers too. I am #745 and in the second batch so I am hoping that some wrinkles will be ironed out before my turn.

IMHO,

Run the financing through their established loan system and have the vehicle delivered to their facility or satellite dealer.

Delivery damages are on them and if you don't like it when you see it, don't take it. As long as you do not take it off the lot it's not yours whether you signed for it or not.

Car dealers are the same way. You can sign the paperwork and come back the next day to cancel as long as you don't take delivery. If you haven't taken delivery you cannot be held responsible for the loan for products that you didn't receive.

If you like it, take delivery and pay off the loan as soon as you have an account number.

I don't think they will take cash but may take a credit card or postal MO. Maybe even a check in advance.
This is absolutely correct by the way. No skin in this game but I did finance for 15+yrs. Lenders are trusting manufacturers to deliver satisfactory products to their borrowers. If the borrower has a problem with not having the product or ever got their hands on the product then lender voids contract and breaks ties with manufacturer. Imagine multiple complaints like this and it's over, nobody will finance them. I don't think for one second any financial company will have their hand out and take payment without any actual collateral just because there is a signed contract. Doesn't work that way. Like for instance, finance verbiage may be something like "payments begin no sooner than 30 days after delivery". Don't like it, don't take delivery. 

When I talked to Connor, he said we could pay cash, no taxes with MSO. But that was at the Sand Show. I don't know how far that goes now with everything kind of coming together. He did say it would be delivered to my dealer closest to me. My problem is do I buy a RZR Pro Xp to hold me off another 6 months. because I dont see it coming to then.
Where can you buy and more importantly take delivery of a RZR PRO XP in the next 6 months, if you have not already put a deposit down prior to typing the comment above?

Great to know someone got a direct answer. So crisp $100 bills may not be the best way. Are we at 100 yet?

Back