Speed UTV

Have a buddy who saw the first production car.

Says it's very nice. 
Funny that everyone blew right past this post. Whats the scoop on the "first production car"? Is it the first production test run? How was your friend able to see this vehicle? Is his last name Coyne? 🙂

Saw it at James Lins shop on Thursday. Robby was there with it.

Said welds look fantastic, all robotic. 

Not as good as hand for sure, but 10x better than canam or Polaris.

He said the exhaust looked hand built and not production.

The front diff was production and cast. Said it looked awesome.

Said the sound system was absolute junk. Lol.

Last thing he said is I and all the other early orders are incredibly smart for getting in at low price. He said the car is an incredible value.
Unicorn sighting - are there any Pics? I cannot believe Robby did not post pics with a production car in the "wild"

How is the body fit and door closure? Did he say anything about that?  After seeing a bunch of aftermarket Canned Ham doors  fly open and what I saw of Speed at SSSS that needed some work

Agree on early pricing being great - Not sure How they are not losing money or breaking even  on those. Everything is up 15-20% in price on specialized items. Lots of good one off parts on that car.

No pics.

I asked about the doors too. My buddy didn't open or close them.  It wasn't a show or anything. Apparently he was stopping by Lins shop to show him he made the first first one.
My guess is it was another Wildcat XX with Speed parts sighting, mistaken for the Speed UTV! No pics, it didn’t happen!

Lol. Not likely. He is one of my good buds. He has hand built multiple winning/top of the line race UTVs. He knows the difference between an XX and something that isn't. I can guarantee it.
Just trying to help this get to 200!

Lol. Not likely. He is one of my good buds. He has hand built multiple winning/top of the line race UTVs. He knows the difference between an XX and something that isn't. I can guarantee it.
Carb certification completed? 

Anyone have James Lin's shop address? Asking for a friend.
Just drive around Mira Loma and when you see a Speed UTV and a bunch of desert race cars you have found his shop.  LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking for a side by side comparison for Canam 2 seater to Speed Diabalo 2 seater and couldn't really find one. Since Canam just recently released the info on the 22 models I did my own. I basically copy pasted there info into a side by side comparison. For the speed data I had to look at multiple pages on there website. I did not get into all the options that both have. Some info is not as detailed as I know it has been shown. For instance the dash display on the speed has all kind of abilities and info not listed. Don't rely only on this info I through together here do your own research. One could only assume the Speed some of data I had found could possible change as the finalize there 2022 models????. Anyways figured I would post.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

So I'm thinking of maybe putting up a deposit & not sure between the Bandit and El Diablo. Besides 15 inches of wheelbase & bed space, is there much of a difference?

Also is upgrading from base trim really worth the price differences? I mean I could put in some great seats, harnesses, and a roof for less than $5K. Is there more to it other than these things and the wheels?

Speed Key ($1,250)???

I ride 80/20 dunes/desert, no plans to race.

In the quest to get to 200 pages, how about a few posts helping me decide both yes or no to Speed and if yes, which one and what to add from Speed vs. aftermarket (such as radio/lights/whips/etc.)

So I'm thinking of maybe putting up a deposit & not sure between the Bandit and El Diablo. Besides 15 inches of wheelbase & bed space, is there much of a difference?

Also is upgrading from base trim really worth the price differences? I mean I could put in some great seats, harnesses, and a roof for less than $5K. Is there more to it other than these things and the wheels?

Speed Key ($1,250)???

I ride 80/20 dunes/desert, no plans to race.

In the quest to get to 200 pages, how about a few posts helping me decide both yes or no to Speed and if yes, which one and what to add from Speed vs. aftermarket (such as radio/lights/whips/etc.)
I think the Bandit will be more nimble in the dunes with the smaller wheelbase.   

As to which trim I think you have to consider the total cost of what you plan to add and the labor involved versus getting some of that stuff in the Limited edition model or some of it in the RG trim.

I will say those Speed suede seats felt comfortable when I sat in them.   Also the harness with the cam-lock are pretty nice. 

I think the Bandit will be more nimble in the dunes with the smaller wheelbase.   

As to which trim I think you have to consider the total cost of what you plan to add and the labor involved versus getting some of that stuff in the Limited edition model or some of it in the RG trim.

I will say those Speed suede seats felt comfortable when I sat in them.   Also the harness with the cam-lock are pretty nice. 
By nimble, you mean more prone to getting swapped up through the whoops?

So with an alleged spotting of a "production unit" there should be a good show this week from Speed.   My Money is on the productions unit will not even be mentioned.  Shows have Been pretty lame for a while now so I stopped watching.   If they would only post videos of all the testing out in the desert, dyno runs etc it would get me excited again and not be on the fence of selling my spot.  But for now oh well, we only have a few weeks left in the season and I can focus on prepping the boat for fishing.

By nimble, you mean more prone to getting swapped up through the whoops?
95" wheelbase can make it through the whoops in Glamis.  LOTD tells me the suspension geometry and design is the best so it should have no problem through the whoops.  LOL!

My XP1000 had a 90" wheelbase and I could get through the whoops comfortably at 50-60mph in Glamis.

I will take the more nimble turning car for the dunes and give up a little speed in the whoops. 

The Bandit is the Speed car I would order.  

Back