Speed UTV

So with an alleged spotting of a "production unit" there should be a good show this week from Speed.   My Money is on the productions unit will not even be mentioned.  Shows have Been pretty lame for a while now so I stopped watching.   If they would only post videos of all the testing out in the desert, dyno runs etc it would get me excited again and not be on the fence of selling my spot.  But for now oh well, we only have a few weeks left in the season and I can focus on prepping the boat for fishing.
Prep the boat for fishing?  You stopped fishing after summer?  

Got my final buyers order, and the terms and conditions aren't sitting well with me.

I have an email drafted, I don't really want to share it here, but I am all ears for suggestions to go into the email if I don't already have it in there.

Thoughts?

View attachment 26194
Looks like boiler plate purchase agreement language to me. Don't see anything in there that is alarming to me.

Looks like boiler plate purchase agreement language to me. Don't see anything in there that is alarming to me.
Shouldn't be alarmed about final payment due 30 days prior to delivery? 

It's not very specific. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I read it, they will contact you 30 day's prior to final delivery for delivery/payment options. If your financing, that is probably the window to fill out the credit app, approval, determine delivery location, etc. If paying cash, I don't know how they will handle that. I don't see anything there that states final payment is due 30 day's prior to delivery, just that they will contact you to make final arrangements. You are right, it's not very specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't gotten that far with mine yet. Just finalized my order a couple of weeks ago. My thought is to finance it, then pay it off after delivery. Not sure on dealer finance rules, but I don't think they can start the loan prior to delivery of the product. I'm assuming they can get you approved in the 30 day window then have you sign final paperwork for the financing when you take delivery. Again, just an assumption on my part.

Haven't gotten that far with mine yet. Just finalized my order a couple of weeks ago. My thought is to finance it, then pay it off after delivery. Not sure on dealer finance rules, but I don't think they can start the loan prior to delivery of the product. I'm assuming they can get you approved in the 30 day window then have you sign final paperwork for the financing when you take delivery. Again, just an assumption on my part.
Not sure if its the same, but I do know they can loan on a product before delivery. I just bought a new car and it is still in transit. I think as long as they have a VIN to assign to the unit then they can loan on it. This is just speculation though.

My first thought as well, I'd finance it (making sure there is no pre-payment penalties) then just pay it of upon delivery.

Got my final buyers order, and the terms and conditions aren't sitting well with me.

I have an email drafted, I don't really want to share it here, but I am all ears for suggestions to go into the email if I don't already have it in there.

Thoughts?

View attachment 26194
I received mine too. The terms note "final payment options" and yes they are vague. I know you have spoken to them directly and have more insight than us on the final payment. I spoke to a prominent Trophy Truck builder on how they finalize payments on trucks. I don't recall the exact verbiage as this was way back when we got out first buyers order. But I do recall he said that it can be tricky on who has the liability (delivery company or manufacture). The idea of financing and paying it off is interesting. That does give you some security. Or like you mentioned, using a credit card. 

I would assume any financing would require a VIN number.  

When I talked to Connor, he said we could pay cash, no taxes with MSO. But that was at the Sand Show. I don't know how far that goes now with everything kind of coming together. He did say it would be delivered to my dealer closest to me. My problem is do I buy a RZR Pro Xp to hold me off another 6 months. because I dont see it coming to then.

When I talked to Connor, he said we could pay cash, no taxes with MSO. But that was at the Sand Show. I don't know how far that goes now with everything kind of coming together. He did say it would be delivered to my dealer closest to me. My problem is do I buy a RZR Pro Xp to hold me off another 6 months. because I dont see it coming to then.
I am not sure you can quickly grab a PRO XP right now.   Polaris is having supply issues with Ride Command models.  Not to mention the dealer and used prices are Covid high.  

I think tell me when the car is ready, I give you the money. I hate financing toys.

Maybe that's the way to do it. Finance and pay off later.

If you can get a loan prior to delivery, I wonder if payments would be required prior to delivery.

I guess the biggest issue here is:

Speed: Car being delivered May 1. You need to pay by April 1.

Customer: Ok great, take my money.

Speed: JK bro, its now June 15 and we still haven't shipped your car because X, Y, and Z. It's no big deal for us because we are paid 

With how the last 2.5 years have gone, it really wouldn't surprise me.

On top of that main issue, there are risks such as damage during delivery, delivered with missing or wrong options, delivered with faulty systems, inoperable, and manufacturing defects.
Warranty for faulty systems and manufacturing defects.   Gets kind of scary with the unknowns if you are not buying these through a dealer. 

Are all the delivery/pick ups at either the Speed shop in Havasu or at their dealers?    

Warranty for faulty systems and manufacturing defects.   Gets kind of scary with the unknowns if you are not buying these through a dealer. 

Are all the delivery/pick ups at either the Speed shop in Havasu or at their dealers?    
I was told your local dealers, but chit changes all the time. Maybe Todd can let us know..

So I'm thinking of maybe putting up a deposit & not sure between the Bandit and El Diablo. Besides 15 inches of wheelbase & bed space, is there much of a difference?

Also is upgrading from base trim really worth the price differences? I mean I could put in some great seats, harnesses, and a roof for less than $5K. Is there more to it other than these things and the wheels?

Speed Key ($1,250)???

I ride 80/20 dunes/desert, no plans to race.

In the quest to get to 200 pages, how about a few posts helping me decide both yes or no to Speed and if yes, which one and what to add from Speed vs. aftermarket (such as radio/lights/whips/etc.)
Bandit -vs- ElDiablo nothing different but the length/bed. I'd 100% get the ElDiablo base model cuz I'm cheap and don't need all that other crap anyway

Dune 80% I'd get the speed key. Problem is getting E85 for me, so not sure how that would work out. No E85 stations near me within 100 miles so I'd have to find a VP dealer and order drums.

The costs for upgrade model -vs- DIY are pretty close. The issue you will have with DIY is SPEED patents and availability of common parts.
Seats ? what's the seat base, same as a buggy, RZR or something custom to the SPEED
Intercom/Radio ? how hard will it be to get dash kit and wiring done on the factory harness, or just hack it together
the rest... lights, whips and bling should be universal easy though besides wiring
no need for harnesses unless you want a special brand/color not provided

Back