Speed UTV

Went to Veys Motorsports today. Since they are going to be a Speed UTV dealer I had some questions and wanted to see if they knew the answers? 

Question one. If I have my vehicle delivered to them, what do they do? They said they would finalized all the selling docs, submitting docs to your lender if needed. They would also  process & submit your tax & licensing for you. So no need to have to go to the DMV and do it yourself. 

Question two. Do they have a extended warranty that would cover the Speed UTV other then the Speed extended warranty? The answer was Yes. They currently have one company that they offer with the Can Am’s that has said they will warranty the Speed UTV. It would be a 36 month warranty for approx $2900. It’s still not 100% sure if or what they would warranty if the Speed Key is activated? Veys is hoping it will be covered as they are telling the warranty company that it’s a factory setting and not an aftermarket component. Also they are working on a second warranty company to see about getting the Speed car approved to be insured under their extended warranty. 

So the good news is there will be other options besides the Speed extended warranty that only adds one year. But Speed’s warranty does for sure cover the Speed Key. 

Second conversation started talking about spare parts availability. It was said Speed UTV is using the same type of program that Can Am & Hisun uses, where all dealers can look at the parts inventory to see what’s in stock Nationwide. They will be able to see where parts are located, what warehouse they are in, what Qty’s available, and if no stock they can see when it’s expected to be available, and put that part on hold for them. They said it’s a great program that allows them to stock maintenance items but keep inventory low in house for items that are not regularly needed, but still have quick access to nationwide and to get parts within a day or two. They said when dealers have to stock all parts it limits the inventory availability for all dealers. Some dealers might hog parts leaving another without being able to get what they need. 
How much is Vey's going to charge you for processing the paperwork?

Holy Cow that warranty is going to be pricy.   Hopefully other warranty companies jump on board to make the pricing reasonable.   If the warranty companies cover stuff with the Speed key that would be really nice.   

Hopefully the parts availability will be as easy to get as the other manufactures.  Perhaps it will be enough that even Rocky Mountain ATV will have them.  

Wait a second LOTD said the Speed UTV will be perfect so no warranty needed and no parts needed.   LOL!

it will be interesting how they are able to produce all the parts for manufacturing on top of the spare parts.

it will be interesting how they are able to produce all the parts for manufacturing on top of the spare parts.
several shows ago they said something about stock piling parts not only for the production cars, but for spare parts to make sure stuff was available. 

Just finished signing my buyers order. Car 1400something. Getting excited again!! Hopefully I’ll get it before the next riding season. Don’t need it during the summer months when the warranty ain’t doing much. Would be GREAT to have it before the next Sand Show in September,  but I won’t get my hopes up. Hopefully everything goes right with the new timelines. 

I just "re"-signed mine. I received my first buyers order about 6 months ago. I did find an error in it. Kind of both of our faults. I made a couple changes early on, they imputed them wrong, and I didn't notice before. We got them all squared away. I am #745 and I would guess I am still 6 months out (purely a guess). 

I just "re"-signed mine. I received my first buyers order about 6 months ago. I did find an error in it. Kind of both of our faults. I made a couple changes early on, they imputed them wrong, and I didn't notice before. We got them all squared away. I am #745 and I would guess I am still 6 months out (purely a guess). 
With that low of a number I would hope it would be sooner than 6 months.  Especially if they are still on schedule to start production soon. 

Was hoping by mid July for my Birthday.

2200ish Diabalo
Not going to happen.

Lets say that they actually start production at the end of March. Give it 90 days to produce/assemble/add accessories. Another 30 days for delivery. that puts the FIRST cars to buyers the beginning of August. we don't know how many will go out per day and there's 800 Jefe's to be done before any diablos are started. Being 2200 back...it'll be a while.

Well I was out in Parker running around the desert this Saturday and not one Speed UTV to be seen out testing along Shea Road or anywhere along the race course.  Not one test Speed car at the Desert Bar.  We did think we say one then it turn out to be a kick mobbing the crap out of his Geo Tracker.  Kid was smiling ear to ear just beating the crap out it in bumps.  LOL!  

That pole line road on the race course with the rollers is really fun by the way.  Especially when you hit one drops off more than you expected at 60mph.   LOL!  

I guess I better order a rzr again. while I wait, Momma wants her golf cart, She dont like passenger in the FUNCO. Too many wheelies. HEHEHEHE

I guess I better order a rzr again. while I wait, Momma wants her golf cart, She dont like passenger in the FUNCO. Too many wheelies. HEHEHEHE
It might be close on which one you see first - RZR or Speed UTV.  Polaris has a chip shortage issue on the Ride Command models. 

Damn 200 seems so far.........
We can get it there.   I took off to go explore the desert from Yuma to Parker that last 4 days.  I was expecting major announcements and there was nothing.  

Back