Speed UTV

Well again I thought the insurance is required if you have something financed because the company that’s holding the paperwork and is the true owner until you pay it off is going to want to know that they are covered in case anything happens to the machine whether it’s wrecked stolen catches on fire or anything if it’s not worth whatever value you still owe on it they’re gonna want the coverage above and beyond
Still a wise move to have insurance on them with how much the cost.  When I bought my first X3 I financed some of it and they never asked about insurance.  Maybe because I was not financing that much.  

Well again I thought the insurance is required if you have something financed because the company that’s holding the paperwork and is the true owner until you pay it off is going to want to know that they are covered in case anything happens to the machine whether it’s wrecked stolen catches on fire or anything if it’s not worth whatever value you still owe on it they’re gonna want the coverage above and beyond
Some are more like Home Depot credit cards with a stupid limit and not terrible APRs.  

Excuse you SS correction!  We are not Speed UTV OWNERS, We are donators to the Speed company to help him fuel his racing and grow his empire.  
🤣🤣🤣Well you missed the donors meeting at the campfire this past weekend in glamis.  We had two donors in camp.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Speed donor as of last weekend. Although I don't think of it like that necessarily. Whatever it takes to get as good as  they can get it is what I will say.

Seems lots of tesla deposit holders are in the same boat see link. https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-cybertruck-customers-frustrated-reserve-wait-worth-it-elon-musk-2022-1 

I also went by 3 off road dealerships in the last 30 days one in New Mexico and 2 in San Diego they had quite a few crates of new Can Ams but said they have no ecu computers and no dash displays to put in them. 2 of them said 3 month wait one said at least a month wait and if you want to put down a deposit it will be non refundable minimum $500. Newer RZR model are not much better. Anyways seems if you don't want to make a deposit and you think stuff is just going to be sitting on showroom floor you better get a clue or you will be waiting along time. That's why I decided it was time to get in line. In the meantime I will keep what I currently have and continue to have a good time. 

I am a Speed donor as of last weekend. Although I don't think of it like that necessarily. Whatever it takes to get as good as  they can get it is what I will say.

Seems lots of tesla deposit holders are in the same boat see link. https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-cybertruck-customers-frustrated-reserve-wait-worth-it-elon-musk-2022-1 

I also went by 3 off road dealerships in the last 30 days one in New Mexico and 2 in San Diego they had quite a few crates of new Can Ams but said they have no ecu computers and no dash displays to put in them. 2 of them said 3 month wait one said at least a month wait and if you want to put down a deposit it will be non refundable minimum $500. Newer RZR model are not much better. Anyways seems if you don't want to make a deposit and you think stuff is just going to be sitting on showroom floor you better get a clue or you will be waiting along time. That's why I decided it was time to get in line. In the meantime I will keep what I currently have and continue to have a good time. 
If I was in the market for a new SXS I would do the same thing. Throw a deposit down and continue using what I have til it was completed. The difference is right now we all see how long it’s really gonna take to get one. Where in the beginning there was deception on delivery dates. 

What master number are they up to?

What master number are they up to?
I am in the mid 3000’s for the direct to consumer sales. I do believe that there is another 10,000+ that dealerships placed orders for though.

My thoughts are when they finally start to get these out I won’t see mine till probably close to 1000 them or more have some decent miles on them. If there are any unknown issues that start to show up hopefully they can figure things out before I get mine. I am not in a hurry at all. I put deposit on base Diablo model $1500 no options and I wanted to get in before the prices go up any more as I don’t see how they can hold back forever here with the way the worlds going.

I think a lot more people have made insurance claims on sandrails than you might think.  When the market crashed it seemed there were a lot more rails crashing in the dunes.  When people  I have heard it is a pain in the ass to get insurance on a sandrail these days and most insurance companies cap you at $50,000.  I am guessing they were getting hit with $60K and up insurance claims/repair bills.    

My initial thought in getting insurance is to protect me if it gets stolen or god forbid you hit someone. My last X3 was the first time I ever made any insurance claim on an offroad vehicle. Only reason is the frame was toast and beyond reasonable cost repair.  I was not sure if it would be covered.  Called my agent and he said that is why you have insurance.  He walked me through the process.  

If you got in a regular car accident that caused extensive damage and the accident was your fault would you call your insurance company?  I would say almost all of us would make the call.  

I am sure if insurance gets a video of some dude going dukes of hazard in their SXS they would do everything they could to deny the claim.
There were claims on sandcars back in the day, and there still is.

But the volume of SxS claims is going through the roof.  It all comes down to a profit/loss situation for insurance companies.  With the sandcars, not that many people had them insured, because there really weren't that many out there...... hence less "market" for the insurance company... so all it took was a handfull of significant losses to make the program un-profitable.

now with SxS's.... the market share is huge... and most are financed (hence you should want to carry insurance), so the insurance companies finally have a market (hopeful profits)  The problem is they are getting flooded by claims from the SxS programs... rates are going to the moon, and companies are limiting the amount of business they want from SxS.  In CA, progressive has made it harder to write the programs, a few companies have already pulled completely out of the market... so in the near future, it will be similar to insuring a sandcar... (high premiums, low coverage, less options to choose)

There were claims on sandcars back in the day, and there still is.

But the volume of SxS claims is going through the roof.  It all comes down to a profit/loss situation for insurance companies.  With the sandcars, not that many people had them insured, because there really weren't that many out there...... hence less "market" for the insurance company... so all it took was a handfull of significant losses to make the program un-profitable.

now with SxS's.... the market share is huge... and most are financed (hence you should want to carry insurance), so the insurance companies finally have a market (hopeful profits)  The problem is they are getting flooded by claims from the SxS programs... rates are going to the moon, and companies are limiting the amount of business they want from SxS.  In CA, progressive has made it harder to write the programs, a few companies have already pulled completely out of the market... so in the near future, it will be similar to insuring a sandcar... (high premiums, low coverage, less options to choose)
Wonder how much money  the insurance companies are recouping when they auction those totaled SXSs out?  

Just drive down Holt Ave. in Pomona / Ontario....allot of the Insurance Shops have wrecked RZRs in their back lots.

I can't imagine they would be repairing them, these are not automobiles.

Who even wants to buy a wrecked wadded up UTV?

Just drive down Holt Ave. in Pomona / Ontario....allot of the Insurance Shops have wrecked RZRs in their back lots.

I can't imagine they would be repairing them, these are not automobiles.

Who even wants to buy a wrecked wadded up UTV?
You would be surprised how many are repaired.  My friend had the front clip of his RZR repaired, which included the front portion of the frame.  The RZR frames are 2 piece so it is easy to repair.   Insurance companies will pay for frame swaps on a SXS. 

With the current used pricing on a SXS insurance companies do not total out every crashed SXS.   

Dealerships and independent shops that do insurance work make a nice profit doing the repairs.  Not only do they get paid for the repairs, but they get paid a storage fee.  The shop that did my estimate got paid quite well for the storage fees while the insurance company decided on the estimate and when they finally totaled it and picked it up.  

Last night's Speed update was mostly Todd talking about KOTH and they're still working on minor details on the engine and other parts. 

Robbie made a short appearance from the engine shop where he showed off the dyno room, porting room, etc. He did show an engine torque gauge that was up around 440 ft-lbs as what sounded like the Speed engine wound up. If it was, that's pretty impressive.

I'm still happy with the rate of progress. I prefer he does this level of tweaking and testing instead of rushing to put out an inferior product. While nothing can ever be 100% perfect, that's not an excuse not to try. 

Back