Speed UTV

If ACTUALLY added HP, I'd be down for it.. more flow .. programmed.. maybe you get a little boost.. but I'm not messing with that stuff.. easy way to kill the extended warranty, right?

abc

Ugh.  RZRs especially...  BuhWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
They sound too much like my lawn tractor when straight piped 

I think their numbering is messed up, I think they skipped over 85 and went to 86, then labeled 2 of them 87 until they changed this one to 88.

More details in this video, I'm glad he's paying close attention to all of the details like these. There are still going to be failures from parts defects, nothing is perfect, but at least people aren't going to be able to point at stuff and say, "That was poorly designed" or "That was under engineered" or "They went cheap to save a penny." 

I'm also glad they switched to Nikasil. Sounds like it will make a difference in engine life.

How many people are going to have to upgrade their trailers so the new SPEED can fit.............they look big.

Just helping the road to 200🤪
I don't think it's going to be a problem. My sand rail front end is like 87" wide with the front end strapped together and it fits fine in all 3 of my trailers. My oldest trailer is a 96" trailer and it still fits in that one. You don't have to steer it going in, there is no extra room on either side.    :lol:

If a sand rail with 87" can fit, then a 77" UTV should have 5" extra on both sides.

What should be more concerning is height under the rear bunks. The Polaris Pro R is a few inches taller than the Speed and quite a bit taller than my sand rail. I'm positive the Polaris is far too tall to fit in 2 out of 3 of my trailers, even if the tires were flat.  

Toyhaulers with slideouts usually 74" wide at best, unless it's a garage model, which takes a really big boy to have a 14' garage. 

I have an old WW Superlight. 72" high.. maybe 74" wide at the front carpeted wheel wells. It's an 11 foot garage so I have a foot and a 1/2, but other than that my Turbo S (2 seaters),.. barely fit. Speed isn't an option, unless I change THs.

I think these will be the last SXSs I'll ever own.. as an old man, probably back to a jeep or something, but sand cars are in the rear for me... want to retire with lots of scratch $$.

Werd.

abc

I don't think it's going to be a problem. My sand rail front end is like 87" wide with the front end strapped together and it fits fine in all 3 of my trailers. My oldest trailer is a 96" trailer and it still fits in that one. You don't have to steer it going in, there is no extra room on either side.    :lol:

If a sand rail with 87" can fit, then a 77" UTV should have 5" extra on both sides.

What should be more concerning is height under the rear bunks. The Polaris Pro R is a few inches taller than the Speed and quite a bit taller than my sand rail. I'm positive the Polaris is far too tall to fit in 2 out of 3 of my trailers, even if the tires were flat.  
I was certainly thinking height over width with size.  They are all taller than my Funco by a lot.

I was certainly thinking height over width with size.  They are all taller than my Funco by a lot.
It depends on how high the rear bunk is in the trailer. I'm sure it will fit in my trailer with the electric lift bunks, they're very high. The smallest trailer has a fixed rear bunk and unless I raise it somehow, neither the Speed or Polaris Pro R will fit. The largest trailer has a single rear bunk and will need to be raised, but since that one is for the sand rail, I won't bother. The double bunk model was purchased to haul the Speed UTV and it will fit no problem. It's a 2006 trailer and most trailers made after that date have the double electric bunks, so they should also have plenty of height.

My 2 trailers that have lower bunk heights are 2003 or older, so it seems to me that trailers of that age are too low, but newer ones with electric bunks shouldn't have a problem with the Speed, but the Polaris might still be a problem since it's a few inches higher.

Toyhaulers with slideouts usually 74" wide at best, unless it's a garage model, which takes a really big boy to have a 14' garage. 
Yes, they're narrower at the slide out wall, but I know plenty of guys who pull the front tires of their wide sand rail into the slide out, flip up the hinged floor plate and pull in the slide out behind the front tire and in front of the main body. They have to extend the slide out before pulling the rail out, but they make it work. 

Yup, some of these UTV’s are getting pretty tall. Like @Lord of the Dunessaid the new Polaris is a giraffe. Gonna be hard stuffing her into some trailers with rear bunks. I got a 2015 ECLIPSE Attitude 5er with rear bunks and it has 6’5” of clearance so hopefully I’m good there. 

RG said they were working on 4 things. Not sure what those are but he mentioned strengthening the air filter housing mounts, plumbing routings, brackets and tabs. Hopefully just minor stuff. Also said they really struggled with the power steering unit for quite some time but are confident with it now. 

ohh yeah and I’m glad he chopped/edited out the last minute of the video. 😜

Last edited by a moderator:
I think their numbering is messed up, I think they skipped over 85 and went to 86, then labeled 2 of them 87 until they changed this one to 88.

More details in this video, I'm glad he's paying close attention to all of the details like these. There are still going to be failures from parts defects, nothing is perfect, but at least people aren't going to be able to point at stuff and say, "That was poorly designed" or "That was under engineered" or "They went cheap to save a penny." 

I'm also glad they switched to Nikasil. Sounds like it will make a difference in engine life.

Did you say there will be failures from parts defects and nothing is perfect?  What happen to LOTD and bring him back.  These clearly are not statements he would make.  LOL!  

Two of the guys in our camp this weekend have deposits on a Speed UTV.  

With paddle tires the Speed UTV is going to be about as wide as your rail.  My Can Am in the rear is over 80" with paddle tires. 

Pro R is 74" tall and should fit in most toyhaulers.   

With paddle tires the Speed UTV is going to be about as wide as your rail.  My Can Am in the rear is over 80" with paddle tires. 

Pro R is 74" tall and should fit in most toyhaulers.   
The rear of my trailer where the the paddles would be is around 96" wide. I'm buying narrow rear rims, so the rear end of the Speed will be a lot less than 96", probably 87-90". My sand rail is extremely wide in the rear, something like 110" with paddles on, so I swap those with narrower tires before loading.

74" is extremely tall. Like I stated in the previous post - those with newer trailers might be able to run the electric bunks all the way up and it might fit, but I know for a fact that 2 out of the 3 of my trailers the rear bunk doesn't go that high. 

The Pro R is certainly taller than the Speed by a couple of inches or more.

The rear of my trailer where the the paddles would be is around 96" wide. I'm buying narrow rear rims, so the rear end of the Speed will be a lot less than 96", probably 87-90". My sand rail is extremely wide in the rear, something like 110" with paddles on, so I swap those with narrower tires before loading.

74" is extremely tall. Like I stated in the previous post - those with newer trailers might be able to run the electric bunks all the way up and it might fit, but I know for a fact that 2 out of the 3 of my trailers the rear bunk doesn't go that high. 

The Pro R is certainly taller than the Speed by a couple of inches or more.
The new Pro R is actually an inch shorter in height compared to the Polaris Turbo S.    Pro R is 74" and Turbo S is 75".   What is the Speed UTV height 72"?

The new Pro R is actually an inch shorter in height compared to the Polaris Turbo S.    Pro R is 74" and Turbo S is 75".   What is the Speed UTV height 72"?
According to the web, it's listed as 70", that's 5'10". That seems about right based on standing next to one at the SSSS. If someone put 35" tires on it, it would be 71.5".

If the owner opted for the roof rack and light bar, it will definitely be even taller as it drives up the ramp and the front end is at the peak.

So far all of the pics/video of new Rzrs show them arriving on open trailers.

Then leaving on tow trucks.    :lol:       J/K!

According to the web, it's listed as 70", that's 5'10". That seems about right based on standing next to one at the SSSS. If someone put 35" tires on it, it would be 71.5".

If the owner opted for the roof rack and light bar, it will definitely be even taller as it drives up the ramp and the front end is at the peak.

So far all of the pics/video of new Rzrs show them arriving on open trailers.

Then leaving on tow trucks.    :lol:       J/K!
Easier to put out the fires on an open trailer.  LMAO!!!!!

There is a cooked RZR sitting in the dunes between Olds and Osborne.  Passed it a few time this weekend.  

Back