Speed UTV

I cracked up when TR asked RG about a green light in 60 days.  Would have been great if a camera was pointing at RG to see his the expression on his face when asked the question.  RG learned his lesson too many times about rough dates.  At least it looks like Speed will have cars to customers for next sand season.  For what the new RZR PRO is going for I will have a bad ass car for at least $15k cheaper.  

I cracked up when TR asked RG about a green light in 60 days.  Would have been great if a camera was pointing at RG to see his the expression on his face when asked the question.  RG learned his lesson too many times about rough dates.  At least it looks like Speed will have cars to customers for next sand season.  For what the new RZR PRO is going for I will have a bad ass car for at least $15k cheaper.  
Those that have the deposits and locked in prices are getting the deal.  Those waiting for Speed to get to dealers will be paying as much as the Pro R for their rides. 

Those that have the deposits and locked in prices are getting the deal.  Those waiting for Speed to get to dealers will be paying as much as the Pro R for their rides. 
If any cars actually get delivered.

I logged on just to see where this stood. I'd be demanding a refund on my deposit 6 months ago. What a mess.

Last night RG did say they hope to start production in 60 days. In the previous show, the mentioned 60 day but neither of the (RG or TR) agreed to it. So that is hopefully. The comments were funny, everyone was asking how many cars/day, how many days a week, etc. Everyone is building their own scheduled. I am #745. I have no idea how long it will take to build 745 of them but if they are building them, I will be happy.

I didn't buy the sound system. I am out there to drive not have everyone listen to my crappy music choices. I do listen to odd music. Man they are advertising the stereo hard. Now I am " thinking" about it. $1800 seems like a lot. I could build my own system for less, well I think I could. And if they pre-wire everything that would make it easier to install. 

Last night RG did say they hope to start production in 60 days. In the previous show, the mentioned 60 day but neither of the (RG or TR) agreed to it. So that is hopefully. The comments were funny, everyone was asking how many cars/day, how many days a week, etc. Everyone is building their own scheduled. I am #745. I have no idea how long it will take to build 745 of them but if they are building them, I will be happy.

I didn't buy the sound system. I am out there to drive not have everyone listen to my crappy music choices. I do listen to odd music. Man they are advertising the stereo hard. Now I am " thinking" about it. $1800 seems like a lot. I could build my own system for less, well I think I could. And if they pre-wire everything that would make it easier to install. 
Last nights show was encouraging with the 60 days mentioned.  The first round of cars could be ready for customers by early April.     The question is how many cars will they try to produce on the initial production run.  I would think they will run a certain number and get them out to customers and see how it goes.  

They are probably hitting hard on the stereo set up due to how much time and effort spent in the wiring harness to make it plug and play.   It is pretty sweet that everything will be pre-wired.  

@Sand Shark Actually he mentioned the 60 days last week so technically we have 53 days left till production starts. But who’s counting. 🤓 

Cool to hear that they’ve had engines with the nikasil cylinders in cars early on. (prototypes)  And that their latest/final engine packages have been running them for the last 45 days. Pretty encouraging news all around.  

Last edited by a moderator:
  The first round of cars could be ready for customers by early April.   
I think this is where people get rumors or dates wrong. They said nothing about delivery dates, just production start. 60 days would be mid/end March. There is no way the cars will be in customers hands by April. I would guess the first grouping of cars will take a little time to get the process rolling. Then there is logistics to get the cars shipped, etc. To me production start doesn't mean cars are rolling out the door "every 19 minutes" like RG said. I think the 19 minutes is "the goal". The goal will not be achieved on day 1. I'm guessing 6 months to get mine. But every time I have guessed, I have been horribly wrong. 🙂

I think this is where people get rumors or dates wrong. They said nothing about delivery dates, just production start. 60 days would be mid/end March. There is no way the cars will be in customers hands by April. I would guess the first grouping of cars will take a little time to get the process rolling. Then there is logistics to get the cars shipped, etc. To me production start doesn't mean cars are rolling out the door "every 19 minutes" like RG said. I think the 19 minutes is "the goal". The goal will not be achieved on day 1. I'm guessing 6 months to get mine. But every time I have guessed, I have been horribly wrong. 🙂
That is why I said "could be ready for customers".     

55 minutes ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

@Sand Shark Actually he mentioned the 60 days last week so technically we have 53 days left till production starts. But who’s counting. 🤓 

Cool to hear that they’ve had engines with the nikasil cylinders in cars early on. (prototypes)  And that their latest/final engine packages have been running them for the last 45 days. Pretty encouraging news all around.  

53 days and counting! LOL

Back