Speed UTV

Some welds look nice, others look like the welder/robot is on crack, I don’t get it. 
Still have the AQMD process to go through. 
I’m betting lucky to see units before Christmas 2022. 
I was thinking the same thing!

Hey at least they hit the green light on something.  Again it would be perfect if they can hit the public same time as RZR and X3 so they all can be pitted together for a real world test and comparison.  It would put all haters or cool aid drinkers in their places once and for all. In the very early videos, RG said Coyne was the first in line with early deposits and will get theirs first.  They should also have the new X3's whatever and whenever released. 

How come no talk about what X3 will be released anyways?
Can Am is in no rush to release a new model. Probably won't see anything until they have their dealer meeting in the summer. Plus they have to fill the current orders and get the 2022s to the dealers complete.

Before there can be a comparison RG has to actually start producing the cars.   Next desert season should be a good one if Can Am has their new ride and Speed have their ride out. 

The one Speed UTV that was purpose build for racing did not last very long in Dakar by the way.  

what ever happened to Robby's factory 1400cc kit. I would much rather have 1400cc on pump gas than  999cc on e85. in the beginning he was saying they designed the bore spacing for a 1400cc jug but haven't herd anything else since

what ever happened to Robby's factory 1400cc kit. I would much rather have 1400cc on pump gas than  999cc on e85. in the beginning he was saying they designed the bore spacing for a 1400cc jug but haven't herd anything else since
The 225 HP is on pump gas at 999cc.  My guess is they haven't even thought about working on the 1400cc kit at this point, hopefully they're working on just getting the basic car out there...

-TJ

Can Am/BRP Have been in business since 1942, Polaris since 1954. Just sayin
And don't both their parent companies make planes of some sort?  As a RZR owner that's frightening. 😛

-TJ

And don't both their parent companies make planes of some sort?  As a RZR owner that's frightening. 😛

-TJ

I think BRP is the only one that makes airplane motors.  Textron did helicopters and plane I believe. 

Was in Albuquerque NM last week on 27th had a couple hours to kill went to a Can Am / Razor dealer. Rather large place had 1 used Can Am and a couple sit down jet skis and 2 quads. Did have some dirt bikes and street bikes butt that was about it. I asked the guy what's the latest news on no SXS in stock. He said they are only taking orders no one should expect to see models just sitting on the floor. All down payments ($500 minimum) are now being sent to manufactures. Not held at dealerships, reason is too many people were waiting too long and asked for their deposit back so deposits now go straight to manufacture no refunds. Wait times are 2-3 months. H said the 2 quads that were on the floor were sold within hours somebody was driving to get them  

The 225 HP is on pump gas at 999cc.  My guess is they haven't even thought about working on the 1400cc kit at this point, hopefully they're working on just getting the basic car out there...

-TJ
I thought it was a 1265 kit?? But I do remember hearing somewhere else before this presentation it was a 1400. Who knows. ~53 minute mark. 

Nailed it.
But most people want a SXS. They can be financed easier. Trailered or put in the back of a truck easier. You don't need a big ass diesel rig to tow them. Especially if you stay away from the 4 seaters. Easier to take to a dealer to fix or buy parts. Entry level machine. I have met thousands of offroaders over the years there are not very many that go straight to a high performance package when they are just getting started. Especially the guys that are married and have to get there wife's blessing. There are exceptions but I bet most you in your 50s and 60s like me started out on a honda 185 with a pull start.  I think that when 3 wheelers and Quads started to fade or be outlawed. The SXS saved us as our mass grew and so did our voice and that has helped us all thru the BS that keeps taking our riding areas and making our fees go up.

But most people want a SXS. They can be financed easier. Trailered or put in the back of a truck easier. You don't need a big ass diesel rig to tow them. Especially if you stay away from the 4 seaters. Easier to take to a dealer to fix or buy parts. Entry level machine. I have met thousands of offroaders over the years there are not very many that go straight to a high performance package when they are just getting started. Especially the guys that are married and have to get there wife's blessing. There are exceptions but I bet most you in your 50s and 60s like me started out on a honda 185 with a pull start.  I think that when 3 wheelers and Quads started to fade or be outlawed. The SXS saved us as our mass grew and so did our voice and that has helped us all thru the BS that keeps taking our riding areas and making our fees go up.
It's not just those things, though I'd agree they're all factors.  The truth is (and I know this will be a shocker to a Glamis Dunes forum) lots of people do things OTHER than Glamis.  For almost every other off-road toy activity, a SxS is better.  Sure, wide-open desert blasting might be better in a true dual sport LS-car... until you get stuck in a silt bed with just 2WD.  But most people aren't trying to runt eh desert at that pace, and lets face it few cars are actually built to that Class 1/10 level, and might not even have the travel of a SxS.  

-TJ

i agree its too late to start over but how nice it would be to be able to grab a lever as you come out of some medium speed trails on to high speed dirt roads and have it shift somewhat like a automatic trans. having clutches in the trans instead of dog rings it would probably take another two years
Polaris will have their new gayzer with a real transmission out most likely before speed even gets one car off the assembly line.  The writing is on the wall and the new gayzer has lots of signs it is coming, soon.  

Polaris will have their new gayzer with a real transmission out most likely before speed even gets one car off the assembly line.  The writing is on the wall and the new gayzer has lots of signs it is coming, soon.  
Where do you see p00p00 working on a "real" transmission?  The Pro R has been announced, 4cyl but still CVT.  I have one on order. 

-TJ

That's funny because that's one of the things I liked the most about Polaris quads before the RZR came out was the single and 2 speed divorced transmissions with reverse because of the simplicity. Super easy to repair engine without having to mess with transmission in the same case. Transmission was super easy to fix with only one or two forward speeds and no engine parts to deal with in the trans case.

I would bet anyone, any amount of money, anytime that poo-poo has a real tranny, and we will see it soon, possibly next model year.  The only reason we are seeing a cvt on the Pro R is to keep the masses hungry.  That motor and platform was designed for a tranny.  

That's funny because that's one of the things I liked the most about Polaris quads before the RZR came out was the single and 2 speed divorced transmissions with reverse because of the simplicity. Super easy to repair engine without having to mess with transmission in the same case. Transmission was super easy to fix with only one or two forward speeds and no engine parts to deal with in the trans case.
You will still have dozens of models to choose from with the cvt, but their "flagship" will have a tranny.  And I'm sure the Pro R will also be available with a cvt.  

And I to like the super ezy to work on tranny, and do enjoy the cvt advancements that have come along

Last edited by a moderator:
Back