Speed Cars

Hilarious.

It's against physics for anything with a Kicker label, to sound "killer".
Haha, well it's in a UTV, probably impossible to get anything to actually sound killer, but for what it is, it is great. If the damn speakers would hold together.

I don't expect SPL comp performance, or concert hall clarity... but I hope the stock Kicker system is good 'nough for some tunes on a water break.  The system in my Funco is nothing wild (two JL 6.5" coaxs and a 8" or 10" JL sub) and it's plenty for my use. 

-TJ
It's totally good enough for that, and actually sounds great. Quality of the door speakers is questionable though.

I’m sure the kicker system sounds fine for just chillin. Can’t they upgrade the speaker to a better one for you? I’m sure they aren’t kickers best option from the factory.

I’m sure the kicker system sounds fine for just chillin. Can’t they upgrade the speaker to a better one for you? I’m sure they aren’t kickers best option from the factory.
I'm not sure, I think Kicker and Speed have some sort of deal, and Speed probably ordered chit loads of this particular speaker, so I'm sure the replacement is the same speaker. I've heard Kicker had a bad batch of speakers that went out the door and were put in the early cars, and it's fixed now, but I'm not sure how true that is.

I'm not sure, I think Kicker and Speed have some sort of deal, and Speed probably ordered chit loads of this particular speaker, so I'm sure the replacement is the same speaker. I've heard Kicker had a bad batch of speakers that went out the door and were put in the early cars, and it's fixed now, but I'm not sure how true that is.
lol that’s speeds slogan. It was just a bad batch but Robby fixed it now. 

At the end of the day I don't mind swapping the speakers if all the wiring, amp, etc. are in place/good.  I'm sure I "should" mind, but I guess I just don't...

-TJ

At the end of the day I don't mind swapping the speakers if all the wiring, amp, etc. are in place/good.  I'm sure I "should" mind, but I guess I just don't...

-TJ
If they keep failing, I'll take it to Kicker and see what they offer. It's not that big of a deal

Get the specifics of the amps. Are they running 2ohm or 4ohm to the door speakers. Then find out what the RMS is of the amp. At that point you can replace those speakers with any brand that’s better that fits the specifics of the amp. The door speakers are 6 1/2 “. Just buy the same size. Hit me Up with some info and I can steer you in the right direction. 

Overheating: has anyone tried removing this shroud:

image.png

The offset is a little worrying since a lot of a fans airflow doesn't go straight back, but a lot gets flung out to the sides.  Not sure what ducting is used to seal the fans to the radiator as well, but depending on how this shroud is built, could be recycling air or stalling some of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little bit of information from one of ours. Thanks @DZRTRUN

I got mine on Saturday. I went through the whole car. I found 6 hand tight roof bolts and one breather hose not connected. I have been almost killed because of bad prep and so I go through every car we get the same way. I felt the final assembly did a great job. With the exception of what I stated above every bolt was tight and marked. As far as the car it’s self. I am super impressed. The tube chassis, the welds and the Arms are what I would expect building a high end race chassis. The shocks are monstrous. My cars fit and finish is amazing, the car is absolutely stunning. All of my adds including my boom box worked great. The car is fully wired for every option even if you don’t get it, all the way down to the custom switch. I thought that was really cool. I put 30 fast dirt miles on the car on Sunday. The car ran flawlessly and had a ton of power considering it is a tank. I have heard 2600lbs but I am not sure what it actually weighs. She is heavy though. The suspension is by far the best side by side suspension I have ever been in. The car is absolutely planted. I was able to get up to 90 fairly quickly in the dirt. The car didn’t walk at all or buck at that speed. I actually was shocked when I looked down and saw the mph. The windshield and suspension made it feel like I was just cruising. I had zero steering feedback so maybe that issue is resolved in the newer cars. The car didn’t overheat even with the windshield. I know Robbie is not stoked on the windshield because they didn’t really design the car for it. It is funny, you can feel the heat vortex or whatever they call it with the windshield. My belt got to 190 on the 30 mile run. I went back through the car when we got back and didn’t find anything. This is experience as an actual owner. 

View attachment 98951

Back