Speed Cars

Haven’t gotten them yet. I want to get more time in the car before buying anything more. 
I don't blame you.  Buying stuff adds up quickly.   When you are ready to buy paddles I would also look at the 33" Tensor set up.  I have a few friends that run them on their 4 seat Pro R.  They work well. 

Your Speed car looks good.   

That’s exactly what I did. I don’t need all the space and didn’t want to run with tailgate down. It also blocks the rear camera. 
you can remove the two side boxes and move the crescent box to one side with the spare and close the gate. 
I’m messing with the different options to see which one I like best. 

I was looking at that kinda scratching my head. 

Was thinking maybe in that configuration, just take the tailgate off?

Congrats Rob, its a great looking car.

The motor sounds very buzzy, like a 2 stroke almost. Is the power band the same? Whippy when that turbo spools up like a mazda type motor or ?
Yes. You can definitely feel it when the turbo kicks in. On the pipe so to speak. 

I was looking at that kinda scratching my head. 

Was thinking maybe in that configuration, just take the tailgate off?
You can remove it for sure, but then you lose your cup holders. 🙄😂🤓

Playing with the dash today and the app to pair your phone.  You can mirror your phone or use the in app stuff like maps, music, etc.  

IMG_3201.jpeg

I want one of those turbos.

14.5 psi at zero rpm!
Yeah. 😂 

thays just current atmospheric pressure. Ya kind of have to be a math wiz to subtract that to see what the real psi is. 
wish it was zeroed out but it is what it is. 

Yeah. 😂 

thays just current atmospheric pressure. Ya kind of have to be a math wiz to subtract that to see what the real psi is. 
wish it was zeroed out but it is what it is. 
giphy.gif

That is going to confuse a lot of people.

Myself included. 

Why would they do that?

I wonder if the tire press gauge in the speed tool kit has a calculator on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got busted today. 😂 

had a great day and man this monster eats the whoops. They all do, but damn this thing is just different than my last car (can am) 

I did throw a code today. 🙄

called Coyne and it was the coolant sensor. Engine oil was 180 but the coolant was reading like 280! I was not overheating and I was like 30 miles from the truck. 
At certain points you could feel it was going into limp mode. So 2nd gear and cruise around 40 back to truck. 
dropped it at Coyne by 2. Got a call at 4 that it was fixed. Loose wiring on the sensor. They will point out to me the location of it for future reference. 
for the first time I did a solid run in 3rd gear. Man, I don’t know what the HP junkies want from these things. I was easily going down power line road at around 80 and called it. 
that’s way above my comfort zone and there was plenty more. 

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_3272.jpeg

Got busted today. 😂 

had a great day and man this monster eats the whoops. They all do, but damn this thing is just different than my last car (can am) 

called Coyne and it was the coolant sensor. Engine oil was 180 but the coolant was reading like 280! I was not overheating and I was like 30 miles from the truck. 
At certain points you could feel it was going into limp mode. So 2nd gear and cruise around 40 back to truck. 
dropped it at Coyne by 2. Got a call at 4 that it was fixed. Loose wiring on the sensor. They will point out to me the location of it for future reference. 
for the first time I did a solid run in 3rd gear. Man, I don’t know what the HP junkies want from these things. I was easily going down power line road at around 80 and called it. 

View attachment 85067

View attachment 85068
Nice to hear dealer service got right on it. On the Speed thing (no pun) not really my thing either. I don't know how people can clock 100+! I freak out when I'm hitting 60 lol 

Sounds like you are having a blast with your new Speed UTV.  80mph down a powerline road is fun.   HP is only an issue in the dunes.  Desert they all have plenty of hp.  

View attachment 84545

That is going to confuse a lot of people.

Myself included. 

Why would they do that?

I wonder if the tire press gauge in the speed tool kit has a calculator on it.
Its probably reading barometric pressure at intake manifold which is actually MAP pressure. MAP - barometric pressure (outside air pressure)=boost pressure.  Its probably not an actual boost gauge

Got busted today. 😂 

View attachment 85067

View attachment 85068
Sounds like you are enjoying the car. Us that ordered have waited for this and I would hate to be disappointed and go buy a different brand because of it. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to hearing more reviews.

Nice to hear dealer service got right on it. On the Speed thing (no pun) not really my thing either. I don't know how people can clock 100+! I freak out when I'm hitting 60 lol 
Totally agree. When I had my Predator car I clocked over 100 ONE time. That’s all I needed, couldn’t keep the goggle on my face. 
50-60 is my high range to be honest. 😬

Totally agree. When I had my Predator car I clocked over 100 ONE time. That’s all I needed, couldn’t keep the goggle on my face. 
50-60 is my high range to be honest. 😬

Today we did a local poker run. Ran the can in 4x4 the whole time. Did a little climbing and some tight trail spots. 
Car did amazing. 
off to Glamis next weekend. I am a bit nervous but let’s do this. 
no paddles yet, so 10psi and momentum 

@ChEFF can tow me if I get stuck!! 

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

Back