Speed Cars

Is there anything sealing the radiator to the surrounding shroud? Anything to direct air upwards so it enters the radiator at a 90* angle?

You can help me re-engineer my cooling system on mine!  I need to look into the better fans that aren't insane $ and some shroud mods, probably. 

Honestly, even in front when I had Clay's Z1 car it was an issue.  The front tires on these super-wide SxSs sit far enough forward, and out wide enough that they throw stuff (even dust) onto your own windshield. 

-TJ
Do I have to? :biggrin:

I think someone posted on the Speed forum, perhaps along w/ the SPAL part numbers to replace/upgrade them.

Yes?

-TJ
Have any pictures of the inside of the shroud from the front?  It looks like it clamshells over the cooling package, but  the offset beauty cover on the back side, combined with what appears to be no sealing on the front makes me wonder if air is hitting the shroud on exit and just looping around to the front.

Have any pictures of the inside of the shroud from the front?  It looks like it clamshells over the cooling package, but  the offset beauty cover on the back side, combined with what appears to be no sealing on the front makes me wonder if air is hitting the shroud on exit and just looping around to the front.
I'll try to get better pics this weekend, hopefully taking it out for some miles on Sat. 

-TJ

Anyone try plugging the roof vent? With a windshield, that area on the leading edge of the roof is pretty low pressure, and the bed area might be higher pressure, so it may be pulling air backwards through the radiator. 

Last edited by a moderator:
7 hours ago, Rockwood said:

That sounds like what some have been saying. One of the reasons is due to the extreme heat coming in to the cab, backseats, from the radiator. Fans should be pulling air out and it seems like they can’t overcome the high pressure. Some have tried a rear window others are playing with higher cfm fans. I believe @RiverDave is experimenting with a scoop that sticks out further than the windshield? Saw a picture of that somewhere. 

Back