Speed Cars

Today we did a local poker run. Ran the can in 4x4 the whole time. Did a little climbing and some tight trail spots. 
Car did amazing. 
off to Glamis next weekend. I am a bit nervous but let’s do this. 
no paddles yet, so 10psi and momentum 

@ChEFF can tow me if I get stuck!! 

View attachment 85813

View attachment 85814

View attachment 85815
Lost Lizard?  Wife and I organized it (best year ever for the Coalition) but couldn't attend.  Hope it was a good time for all.

Just to answer the question and not to harp on your new ride...

I've done 70 mph in an XP4 900 and wanted more. Stock configuration... it was smooth as hell and rode amazing at that speed in the higher numbered Washes. There wasn't any point where I felt unsafe doing so, just wanted a Sand Car after that. 

I will add that I have been in an Allstar car and everyone said the owner was going to make me throw up. He didn't... and I asked him if "this thing can go any faster?". He was not impressed. :lol:

Glad you're enjoying it, that's all that matters.
That’s totally understandable. Everyone has their comfort zones. 20 years ago, mine were way different. 
also 20 years ago these machines weren’t near a capable as they are today. 
just like the dunes, they are more accessible to everyone and that’s where I ask the question. 
more power brings more responsibility and that seems to be lacking these days. 

Today we did a local poker run. Ran the can in 4x4 the whole time. Did a little climbing and some tight trail spots. 
Car did amazing. 
off to Glamis next weekend. I am a bit nervous but let’s do this. 
no paddles yet, so 10psi and momentum 

@ChEFF can tow me if I get stuck!! 

View attachment 85813

View attachment 85814

View attachment 85815
Bad ass car Rob. If those are real beadlocks feel free to run 8psi. I hear others really like duning like that. Hope to see you out there.

Some including RG are loosing the beads at 8 psi. Better stick with 10 psi. to be safe. 

Beadlock shouldn't lose the bead ever. I've seen punctured tires at KOH last until they shredded. Any reasoning on why?

Beadlock shouldn't lose the bead ever. I've seen punctured tires at KOH last until they shredded. Any reasoning on why?
Speed has inner and outer bead locks?? According to RG, tire came off inside bead.

Speed has inner and outer bead locks?? According to RG, tire came off inside bead.
Dunno on the inner/outer. 

Even so, only time I've ever seen an inner bead come off was rock crawling where the tire got wedged.  In the sand?  I've only seen tires come off from a crash into something, not just driving. Never have I seen a tire come off the bead (inner or outer) on a beadlock doing normal dune chit, and this is the regular old beadlock ring that's been around for decades.  This includes guys who weren't paying attention to leaking tires with almost no air in them, jumping, sliding, wheelies, all of it, no lost bead.  :dunno:

My son was driving west on the I-10 today near Indio and saw a 10 car carrier headed east loaded with Speed cars. 

KMC wheels with the SS360s. After seeing these guys put giant paddles on these cars, I feel they are way over paddled and it’s costing them at higher speeds. Learned that lesson with my old predator v8 car back in the day. 
I think you will be happy with your tire choice. I loved mine.

Sounds Like the El Jeffe model was made very well !!! (fast Forward to 9:12 .....he goes over the car and quality ! Looks Good !)

Back