Padres Road to the World Series

I was bummed yesterday, I went and saw my MIL in La Mesa, with all plans to watch the game, brought lunch as well................they have DirectTV, of course they will have it.  NOPE, not available.  Bush league TV contract.

Congrats on your May World Series win  :classic_biggrin:

I was bummed yesterday, I went and saw my MIL in La Mesa, with all plans to watch the game, brought lunch as well................they have DirectTV, of course they will have it.  NOPE, not available.  Bush league TV contract.

Congrats on your May World Series win  :classic_biggrin:
100 percent wrong !  I have Direct TV, every game is on  channel 694-3,  if she gets ESPN, then she also gets that channel.

Lets not even talk about TV deals, As LA is the worst when it come to showing Dodger games, That's a Fact jack!  All of my Dodger fans are taking another series lost hard, you are not the only one  :classic_biggrin:

100 percent wrong !  I have Direct TV, every game is on  channel 694-3,  if she gets ESPN, then she also gets that channel.

Lets not even talk about TV deals, As LA is the worst when it come to showing Dodger games, That's a Fact jack!  All of my Dodger fans are taking another series lost hard, you are not the only one  :classic_biggrin:
I tried all the channels even 694-3, they wanted $100 for the season.  They don't have the sports package due to them being 85 yrs old.  It wasn't on ESPN either, I tried everything, even googled it.  You must have the Sports Package.

Great turn out by the fans last night, Double play Machado was impressive..............haha. Back to .500 already.

Every Dodger game is on in SoCal on every cable and satellite, thus the reason the Dodgers make a bazillion dollars on their TV contract.

Back to .500 already.
Yeah, that didn't take long.

Every Dodger game is on in SoCal on every cable and satellite, thus the reason the Dodgers make a bazillion dollars on their TV contract.
And thus allowing them to afford Betts, Freeman, Shohei, Yamamoto, Glasnow, Toscar Hernandez, Will Smith etc.  Now watch them land Nolan Arenado before the trade deadline .  . .

image.png

I tried all the channels even 694-3, they wanted $100 for the season.  They don't have the sports package due to them being 85 yrs old.  It wasn't on ESPN either, I tried everything, even googled it.  You must have the Sports Package.

Great turn out by the fans last night, Double play Machado was impressive..............haha. Back to .500 already.

Got it, My in laws are in OC, they cant watch any Dodgers games, and they are life long fans. 

Yeah, that didn't take long.

And thus allowing them to afford Betts, Freeman, Shohei, Yamamoto, Glasnow, Toscar Hernandez, Will Smith etc.  Now watch them land Nolan Arenado before the trade deadline .  . .

View attachment 106324

What happened to the Dodgers in the post season?

The Padres took out the Dodgers in four games. The Diamondbacks needed just three.  Padres have 6 post season wins in the last 2 years, LA has one win in the same time.  Choketober is a real thing in LA, no matter how much money they spend. 

What happened to the Dodgers in the post season?

The Padres took out the Dodgers in four games. The Diamondbacks needed just three.  Padres have 6 post season wins in the last 2 years , LA has one win in the same time.  Choketober is a real thing in LA, no matter how much money they spend. 

Those 6 Padre wins all came in 2022.  What happened last year after spending all that  $$?

Last year was supposed to be a down year and yet the Dodgers still made the post season.  I had no expectations.

2022, Dodgers are up 3-0 in the 4th game and they pull Tyler Anderson after 5 shutout innings and only 86 pitches. Still shaking my head at that one. Then, of course, Padre fans decided to brag and made the “that’s what’s in” video which will never stop being one of the most cringy things ever and will never be lived down until the Padres somehow ever manage to make it to a World Series. 

I am very much of the opinion and have said many times that Dodgers will basically be remembered as the Atlanta Braves of the 90s unless they win another WS soon. But the thing is, they put a good team on the field every year and the management that took over from Parking Lot Attendant Frank McCourt have built the organization into the premier franchise in baseball. 

World Series Championships are a bitch to win and as Freddie Freeman said in 2022:  "October baseball can be brutal”. 

We’ll see how this year goes. . .

What happened to the Padres last year is the same thing that happens every year.  The Organization is historically one of the worst in the MLB.  Its not  a secret, We finally had an owner with deep pockets and A GM that thought he could buy a team, well that's just not working out very well as we all know.  What it did do is bring a lot of new fans to Petco and give the city some glimmer of hope.

My worst pet peeve is San Diego Natives that are Dodger fans.  Wanna be gansters/followers, same with SD Raider fans. Ultimate Bandwagon, those teams were solid when we were growing up.  I was always raised to root, root, for the home team !

What happened to the Padres last year is the same thing that happens every year.  The Organization is historically one of the worst in the MLB.  Its not  a secret, We finally had an owner with deep pockets and A GM that thought he could buy a team, well that's just not working out very well as we all know.  What it did do is bring a lot of new fans to Petco and give the city some glimmer of hope.

My worst pet peeve is San Diego Natives that are Dodger fans.  Wanna be gansters/followers, same with SD Raider fans. Ultimate Bandwagon, those teams were solid when we were growing up.  I was always raised to root, root, for the home team !
Fact is a lot of LA peeps have moved South, along with SF fans.  I went to SDSU, most students weren't from SD.  A lot of NorCal peeps.  Hard to leave SD once you live there.

I grew up in LA, true LA homer for sure, Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, Kings.  Even when I lived in SD in the late 80's going to college, Qualcomm was filled with more Dodgers fans than SD fans.  Driving down to SD on Sunday, virtually every other car I saw was filled with LA fans going South.  LA fans travel like no other, SD don't.

I love seeing SD support their teams, but we all know they jump off the bandwagon as fast as they jump on, that is a problem #consistency

Here is another stupid theory, if the Padres would stick to two uniforms versus 5 different ones, I think it would help.  Players are superstitious.  Change is hard for them, they like routine.  I also hate the fact that Petco fans don't look united due to everyone wearing different colors.  Go to Dodgers, Giants, or Phillies, everyone is in the same colors and the stadiums look amazin.........there is culture due to that.

Could be a stupid theory?? :classic_biggrin:

Lok at all the Pittsburgh teams. Same Colors! Peace

Here is another stupid theory, if the Padres would stick to two uniforms versus 5 different ones, I think it would help.  Players are superstitious.  Change is hard for them, they like routine.  I also hate the fact that Petco fans don't look united due to everyone wearing different colors.  Go to Dodgers, Giants, or Phillies, everyone is in the same colors and the stadiums look amazin.........there is culture due to that.

Could be a stupid theory?? :classic_biggrin:
I agree, and definitely not a fan of our city connect Jerseys.  The Dodger fans are nation wide and they travel like no other. I have 2 cousins born and raised on farms in South Dakota, guess what, they are born and raised Dodger fans  :chatter:   San Diego is a melting pot, we have fans from all over the place.  Its a great place to live, but it sure is hard to be a sports fan here.  But, if youu are a Native SD peep, you gotta root for the home team and suffer with the rest of us. :rofl:

thought you quit sports?

Quit the loser NFL League.  Can't quit the defending champions TX RANGERS! AND............It's DALLAS STARS time!!! Guess we have to mention the Dallas Mavericks. Both teams in the Western Conference Finals. This town is Rock-n. Peace

Stars Mavs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back