Padres Road to the World Series

Where will Ohtani end up ?  Toronto, LA ? 
Internet is going crazy right now about this.  JP Hoornstra of DodgerNation.com has reported that it's Toronto. Ben Nicholson-Smith and Shi Davidi of Sportsnet report that Ohtani has not made his decision yet and there is no timeline for when it will be made . .

Internet is going crazy right now about this.  JP Hoornstra of DodgerNation.com has reported that it's Toronto. Ben Nicholson-Smith and Shi Davidi of Sportsnet report that Ohtani has not made his decision yet and there is no timeline for when it will be made . .
I thought it would be SF, but not sure he wants to play in that weather?  SF needs him the most, they have zero star power on that roster.  He really likes the stadium in Toronto and even has visited their training facility is Florida as well.

As a Dodger Fan, I am not excited to spend that much for a DH next season..........we need pitching bad.

I thought it would be SF, but not sure he wants to play in that weather?  SF needs him the most, they have zero star power on that roster.  He really likes the stadium in Toronto and even has visited their training facility is Florida as well.

As a Dodger Fan, I am not excited to spend that much for a DH next season..........we need pitching bad.
It would actually be a relief if he went to Toronto, then the Dodgers could focus on the desperately needed pitching . . .

It would actually be a relief if he went to Toronto, then the Dodgers could focus on the desperately needed pitching . . .

Seems like high dollar free agent guys end up in Canada. They don't last long up there tho. Peace

Was in my car heading down to the LBC when the news came down around noon today that Shohei announced he would become a Dodger.  Then the details came out (holy chit $700 million over 10 years wtf?) and he's basically the new Bobby Bonilla, with most of the $$ being deferred, which should allow the team to get a starting pitcher or 2.  Now the real fun begins . . .

March 20th start of the season who knows what this team will do, stay tuned

Rangers REPEAT Champions. See ya in the World Series Padres. Peace

Errors in baseball 2024

Padres: 2

All 29 other teams combined: 0

That's a crazy play that you will not see very often, and it definitely changed that inning.   It has to be scored as E3, unfortunately no other way to score it.

Funny story, My alarm went off at 5:25 am this morning.

I pick up my phone and look at the score, Pads are up 2-1 top of 8.  I shake my head hit snooze and think I must be dreaming.  10 minutes later snooze wakes me up, EFF, we are losing 3-2, get in the shower, and when I get out 5-2!  WTF!! :classic_tongue:

Happy for the season to finally start !  

I'm watching the replay now and am loving the S Korean "cheerleaders" . . .

Yoshinobu Yamamoto’s Dodgers debut is an epic disaster after $325 million deal

What a game! Apparently hitting the baseball has become an easy thing. Still confused on why the Umpire called Boegarts out with a 3rd strike. Taunting? Peace

Amazing how it went from winning the opener to a chit show in under 24 hours (i.e. A gambling scandal and Yamamoto's debut).  Only 160 to go . . .

Back