Padres Road to the World Series

The owner of the team RIP, would have been rad if they had a good year

He did not look well at the ceremony to honor John Moores and Jake Peavy last season. He was very late and spoke just a few words. Hopefully Ron Fowler will return and straighten out our train wreck of a front office. Sad day for sure

They just said on the news he was a 3 time cancer survivor.  Quite active in the community.   Sounds like a great guy. 

Saw that last night in a hotel room. What a bummer. RIP Sir. How cool to own the Padres! Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
We all knew this was going to happen, we need arms and we got 4 of them.  Nothing more than a#3 in the rotation, but it is what we needed.  Now we need to pick up a Power Hitting 1st baseman.

What was the Juan Soto trade?

In exchange for Soto and outfielder Trent Grisham, the Padres will receive a package of RHP Michael King, RHP Drew Thorpe, RHP Jhony Brito, RHP Randy Vásquez and catcher Kyle Higashioka.4 hours ago

Where will Ohtani end up ?  Toronto, LA ? 

Padres had to do this to have some flexibility, otherwise they would have been handcuffed.  I don't know anything about those prospects, but hopefully one of them is close to a big league pitcher.  I think they just saved like $38 million for this next season, that money can be used for pitching.  I think the Padres did the right thing, not sure Soto really made the team better, he is an incredible talent but the outcomes were probably going to be the same with or without him.  Petco was not friendly to his numbers at all, he was much better on the road.

Padres needs the way I see it, DH, 1B and Pitching for sure.  National League needs to get on board with the DH and spend some money for that position, some teams are and some aren't.  They probably can get Profar cheap after last season debacle with him and FA?

Padres weren’t going to sign Soto to a long term contract. He turned down 400 million from Washington. He’s not that great of a fielder either. Best to trade him now and get something in return. Grisham is a great fielder but can’t hit. No loss there. Bummed at last years poor season for sure. Who knows what this season will bring 

When you look at stats of these players. Doesn't matter if you're down 7 runs in the 8th inning and hit a solo home run. Where were you when we had 2 on base in the 3rd inning and you hit into a double play? Clutch hitters are what we need. Peace

When you look at stats of these players. Doesn't matter if you're down 7 runs in the 8th inning and hit a solo home run. Where were you when we had 2 on base in the 3rd inning and you hit into a double play? Clutch hitters are what we need. Peace
Exactly. Soto didn’t do much until the last month when the team was out of the playoffs. Most of the season he failed when we needed a clutch hit. And his antics at the plate were getting old

Exactly said ^^

I didn't see TEAM in Soto. The face of "I turned down 400m" so any chance of Padres keeping him? Yeah right!! I don't think he'll ever see those numbers again.

I don't even think Ohtani is worth what people are saying but I'm no expert. I just know he had an injury and refused surgery, so is what I remember. 

I know our World Series Champion Texas Rangers (Not to Change the Subject).........we have some expensive players. Segar /  DeGrom, Scherzer, and a host of young guys. These guys are hungry. These guys play as a team. These guys want to produce for the other guy. They don't have the "All for ME thinking" (YET) When one comes successful in the league, they forget it's a team sport and want the Money for themselves. Good for them, get your contract and go off in the sunset with lots of Cash.  What would be your mind set if you were a total stud in EITHER team sport league? Peace

Peace out bro! Thanks for the memories! 

FB_IMG_1701985542144.jpg

Glad we got rid of Grisham, dude had a good glove but .189 batting average SUCKED

Not to Change the Subject. Texas Rangers World Champions for the First Time. Now all Da chEFF needs is for the Padres to win the World Series for the First Time! Peace 

IMO they should have got rid of that A hole at third base.  But...... they are tied into him.  It's a team sport they need somone to pull the team together and he's not that... 

IMO they should have got rid of that A hole at third base.  But...... they are tied into him.  It's a team sport they need somone to pull the team together and he's not that... 
You mean Mr. I don’t need to run hard to 1st base I’m saving my energy 🤬

Back