New Polaris Pro R

The teaser makes it seem like there will be engine options?

Wondering if the 4 cylinder would be offered with a shift-able gearbox?

If any of these are coming with shift-able gearboxes, I need to start preparing for the impending phone calls about a year after release when gearboxes start having issues. 

Although I have to say that I thought the Yamaha's with gearboxes were going to be a problem, but they seem to hold up ok for most people.

We all see how much better the Speed UTV SHOULD be once it makes it to the public but it seems crazy to constantly bash all other brands when the Speed hasn’t even made it to production yet. Something I do agree with is the belt location. Seems a pain to get to once you have 4 or 5 point belts in it. On the flip side, Ive had my car for 3 seasons and am still on the original belt so how often will it need to be changed?
I'm just doing what Sand Shark has been doing for the past year.

You didn't seem to mind his trash talking, for some odd reason. Why not?

It's funny how you think you haven't seen a Speed UTV, yet they've been driving a few of them for everyone to see, identical to the actual production models.

Then Polaris sponsors a Hoonigan production of a custom built Pro R that isn't very close to what they're actually going to sell, and you think you're looking at the real thing. If you can't tell smoke and mirrors and didn't notice how badly RJ's helmet was getting tossed around, more power to ya! You deserve it!

At this point, it's all about having as much fun as Sand Shark has been doing!

:lol:

wow...great link with details...N/A?  4 cyl @ 200hp ....I didnt click thru the 100 pics looking for a turbo.

That motor will be a game changer, I wonder how torque it will have vs say a MC High RPM type motor, cause those are not ideal in a SxS.
Actually, with a CVT, the clutches let the engine hit peak rpm then hold it there as it upshifts over time. They all currently rev up to 8k - 9k rpm before they start upshifting.

If any of these are coming with shift-able gearboxes, I need to start preparing for the impending phone calls about a year after release when gearboxes start having issues. 

Although I have to say that I thought the Yamaha's with gearboxes were going to be a problem, but they seem to hold up ok for most people.
Rzr experts are saying it's going to have a CVT for now, then they'll release a model with a shiftable gearbox. That should be a welcome change for drivers and potentially a lot of new business for you. How good/bad have their previous trans/diffs been in the past? Lots of room for improvement?

178 hp?? That's a huge leap forward!! That CRUSHES the Speed UTV, plus it's probably lighter than the Speed engine! Sand Shark was right on the money, as always!
This is a non-turbo car, so 180hp is leaps ahead of any other non-turbo car. 

Rumor is a Pro R and a Pro S.   There will be a 180hp model and a 200+hp model.  We will find out on 11/9.

Bet we see more of the new Polaris cars in Glamis this season than Speed cars.  

I'm just doing what Sand Shark has been doing for the past year.

You didn't seem to mind his trash talking, for some odd reason. Why not?

It's funny how you think you haven't seen a Speed UTV, yet they've been driving a few of them for everyone to see, identical to the actual production models.

Then Polaris sponsors a Hoonigan production of a custom built Pro R that isn't very close to what they're actually going to sell, and you think you're looking at the real thing. If you can't tell smoke and mirrors and didn't notice how badly RJ's helmet was getting tossed around, more power to ya! You deserve it!

At this point, it's all about having as much fun as Sand Shark has been doing!

You are just trying to be funny.   Difference is I am actually funny.   LOL!!!!!

The car RJ was driving is a lot more production than you think.   

You say Speed is driving the actual production cars.  Where is your welded in bolt going to be on your car?   LMAO!!!!!

Rumor is a 180hp model and a 200+hp model.   Shifting one would be neat, but I would not expect one for a few more years.   Rumor is Can Am might have a gearbox coming as well. 

Either way you will be a busy man.  

Rzr experts are saying it's going to have a CVT for now, then they'll release a model with a shiftable gearbox. That should be a welcome change for drivers and potentially a lot of new business for you. How good/bad have their previous trans/diffs been in the past? Lots of room for improvement?
Let's just say they've been good to our business and leaving room for us to improve their base product.

Let's just say they've been good to our business and leaving room for us to improve their base product.
I am guessing you get calls about repairs around the 1500-2500 mile mark on the Polaris cars.  My friend killed is trans on his Turbo S at the 2,000 mile mark.  The bearings said no more. 

On my XP1000 I never had any issues with the diff or trans.  Sold it with 5500 miles on it and he next owner sold it with close to 8000 miles on it.  

This is a non-turbo car, so 180hp is leaps ahead of any other non-turbo car. 

Rumor is a Pro R and a Pro S.   There will be a 180hp model and a 200+hp model.  We will find out on 11/9.

Bet we see more of the new Polaris cars in Glamis this season than Speed cars.  
Oh, you'll see more for sure. Remember the ratio of Pintos vs Maseratis?

It's kinda sad how many people can't tell they're looking at smoke and mirrors...

but that's what makes the world go round. Aftermarket parts! $20k worth to fix all of the shortcuts the mfr took to save money.

Hey, how much does a decent roll cage cost these days? $7K?  $8k?

Oh, you'll see more for sure. Remember the ratio of Pintos vs Maseratis?

It's kinda sad how many people can't tell they're looking at smoke and mirrors...

but that's what makes the world go round. Aftermarket parts! $20k worth to fix all of the shortcuts the mfr took to save money.

Hey, how much does a decent roll cage cost these days? $7K?  $8k?

The Polaris models need far less than a Can Am.  Roll cages range from $1,300 - $3,000 depending on whether a 2 seater or 4 seater.    

My money is on Polaris and that Slinghot 2.0 motor getting OHV ARB first, number one is its an existing platform that they just need to shoehorn into a UTV Chassis.

Back