New Polaris Pro R

Knowing how effed up the gov't is, I wouldn't be surprised if they change the law to include any 4 wheeled vehicle not licensed to operate on the street. That would include sand rails and golf carts.
These will also need 4 pt harnesses and helmets , only in California though.  :hi:

download.jpg

Pretty sure the SXS version is going to be the 2.0L and there will be options below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVVkSlQg8Jd/
1c0.gif

Interesting how they say 'power options up to 2.0L'........

If I was RG and all the other MFG I would be pretty pissed because I can see the writing on the wall.

So basically UTV is now going to be CL10 with a CVT.

Then...When Polaris comes out with the sequential...

UTV will be Class 10.
I could see that happening at some point.

Yes, you did say they don't exist, I quoted you in my sig.

That's a direct quote, it stands on it's own.

As for my posts in here, relax. If Sand Snark can say anything he wants and start a thread just to voice his opinion, turnabout is fair play. Get over it. 

Why weren't you bothered by what he said in that thread, but you're all twisted up by what I'm pointing out in this thread? I don't recall you ever questioning what Sand Snark posted or why he posted any of it.

It doesn't matter to me what you post, just pointing out the hypocrisy of what you choose to ignore or comment on. You may not be aware of it, but they are glaringly obvious to me.
Lol!  I started that thread because the forum needed an entertaining thread.  It has come through  with flying colors.   

As for my posts in here, relax. If Sand Snark can say anything he wants and start a thread just to voice his opinion, turnabout is fair play. Get over it. 

Why weren't you bothered by what he said in that thread, but you're all twisted up by what I'm pointing out in this thread? I don't recall you ever questioning what Sand Snark posted or why he posted any of it.

It doesn't matter to me what you post, just pointing out the hypocrisy of what you choose to ignore or comment on. You may not be aware of it, but they are glaringly obvious to me.
Can you not read what you quoted me on? I wrote that I said it didn’t exist! I admitted that I said that! I also said you took it out of context as to all of the prior conversations we had. You just chose to read what you wanted as usual! I honestly can give 2 shats that it’s in your sig! I’m not butt hurt at all about the shat you sling. From what I remember, Sand Shark pointed out truths that you didn’t like to hear about your beloved machine as did many of us. Instead of accepting it, you started trashing the other manufactures to cover for your small man syndrome. Your trying to pick apart a car that you saw in a video! We pointed out visible flaws that we saw in person. I hope your smart enough to see the difference.

I'm not denying anything.

Just pointing out what you so conveniently ignore.

:smile:
The irony… 

Can you not read what you quoted me on? I wrote that I said it didn’t exist! I admitted that I said that! I also said you took it out of context as to all of the prior conversations we had. You just chose to read what you wanted as usual! I honestly can give 2 shats that it’s in your sig! I’m not butt hurt at all about the shat you sling. From what I remember, Sand Shark pointed out truths that you didn’t like to hear about your beloved machine as did many of us. Instead of accepting it, you started trashing the other manufactures to cover for your small man syndrome. Your trying to pick apart a car that you saw in a video! We pointed out visible flaws that we saw in person. I hope your smart enough to see the difference.
Don’t be ridiculous. LOTD never picks one small part of a post and argues that instead of the entire point. :biggrin:

Who is Sand Snark?

Calling a 4 cylinder N/A at even 200 hp leaps ahead is a stretch. For them to get 200 they doubles the cylinders and possibly the CC’s. So that’s not leaps or overly impressive. And let’s see what this weighs in at? 

Im sure your right and will see more Polaris’s in Glamis vs Speed. I bet we see more Polaris vs Can Am, Honda, Yamaha etc in the desert. Does selling more make it better?  I see a chit load of Prius’s, and not that many Ferrari’s.  

I’ll take your challenge saying RJ’s car was more production then we think. 

Aftermarket wheels.

Aftermarket tires

Aftermarket shocks, springs, crossovers & valving

Aftermarket suspension arms, trailing arms and radius rods. 

Aftermarket splined swaybars and swaybar arms. 

Aftermarket roll cage

Aftermarket roof

Aftermarket brake lines, brake line routing and Hoon handle rear cutting brake. 

Aftermarket seats

Aftermarket seat belts. 

They also show them using VP 96 octane racing fuels. That’s not CARB legal. So we have no idea what the engine tune might have been? Guessing not stock if they are running race gas. 

Who knows what else was modified for this video shoot? I bet there was more then I listed. 

I know when Joey D used to own the Underground, he showed allot of behind the scenes when they used to do these videos. He would talk about the rail grind stunt and one stunt shoot destroying the front lower arms and radius rods. They also used multiple cars to make the videos as the would damage them doing just one stunt. We have no idea who many cars arak used in the making of this video. And how many attempts were shot for each stunt to make it look fluid. 
1. Speed vs RZR isn’t Ferrari vs Toyota

2. Modern Prius isn’t much slower than Magnum PI’s Ferrari. Camry will blow it’s doors off. 

3. They’re all good, Speed appears to be the best when it comes out, but just like owning a Lotus or Ferrari vs Toyota, getting parts is a little easier for one than the other. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
 Calling a 4 cylinder N/A at even 200 hp leaps ahead is a stretch. For them to get 200 they doubles the cylinders and possibly the CC’s. So that’s not leaps or overly impressive. And let’s see what this weighs in at? 

Im sure your right and will see more Polaris’s in Glamis vs Speed. I bet we see more Polaris vs Can Am, Honda, Yamaha etc in the desert. Does selling more make it better?  I see a chit load of Prius’s, and not that many Ferrari’s.  

I’ll take your challenge saying RJ’s car was more production then we think. 

Aftermarket wheels.

Aftermarket tires

Aftermarket shocks, springs, crossovers & valving

Aftermarket suspension arms, trailing arms and radius rods. 

Aftermarket splined swaybars and swaybar arms. 

Aftermarket roll cage

Aftermarket roof

Aftermarket brake lines, brake line routing and Hoon handle rear cutting brake. 

Aftermarket seats

Aftermarket seat belts. 

They also show them using VP 96 octane racing fuels. That’s not CARB legal. So we have no idea what the engine tune might have been? Guessing not stock if they are running race gas. 

Who knows what else was modified for this video shoot? I bet there was more then I listed. 

I know when Joey D used to own the Underground, he showed allot of behind the scenes when they used to do these videos. He would talk about the rail grind stunt and one stunt shoot destroying the front lower arms and radius rods. They also used multiple cars to make the videos as the would damage them doing just one stunt. We have no idea who many cars arak used in the making of this video. And how many attempts were shot for each stunt to make it look fluid. 
200hp n/a UTV is impressive.  Their current n/a car is 110hp.  The fact Polaris said f’ it and when to a 4 banger engine is pretty cool.  

If will likely be a heavy SXS.   

Who knows if they did anything to the engine.  That fuel is a UTV fuel and not 110octane.   No clue if those are aftermarket trailing arms or a-arms.  We have not see the production car to compare.

I can appreciate what Polaris is doing just like what RG is trying to do with the Speed UTV.  

I want to see the full specs.   

I was not calling the Speed a Ferrari & RZR a Toyota. Sharks claim was that you will see more RZR’s vs Speeds in the desert was what I was commenting about. It’s a fact you see more Prius’s vs Ferraris, and that does not make the Prius a better performing vehicle because they sell more. Polaris in many ways is just as much a marketing company as they are a manufacturing company. 

If your going to compare a brand new Prius to a late 70’s Ferrari then that's like comparing the Speed, Can Am, XX or KRX to a RZR 900 to make that example equal. BTW I bet Polaris has sold more 900’s then Can Am has sold X3’s! 

No argument that In the overall picture their all good machines for what they are designed for. No argument that some are designed better for safety. Some for handling performance, some for speed, some for actual work. And most are designed based on shier profit. 

Where I get disappointed is when we the consumer find easy flaws that we know they saw before ever releasing it. Or we continue to be the Ginny pigs to find all the short comings, and then have the manufactures continue to band aid or strait up turn away from the issue. That’s what disappointments me and confirms it’s a pure profit not quality based product. 

It’s sad to say that with confidence we will see a stop ride recall within 5 months on the Pro R. Polaris track record shows that. 

Its sad to say the over the past 4 years, with several model improvements, Can Am is willing to shove their heads up their asses and not fix a very easy design flaw on the front suspension of the X3. A flaw that should have never left the drawing board. 

It’s sad to say Textron ruined Arctic Cat. Not even sure why they bought it or the purpose was? They have no desire to be in this market. 3 minor fixes on the XX, 2 costing pennies, like a rack&pinion bushing and second shear rack mount was not done like designed and requested. But they saved pennies by not doing it. I bet it costs them more in warranty repairs then a bronze or plastic rack bushing would have. 

Im sure we will find flaws in the Speed. The question is how does Speed handle it, and do they fix it in the coming models? Or do they deny the flaw? My honest none judgmental guess is Speed will be quicker to improve a design flaw in future models vs ignoring it. Besides just being smaller and able to quicker identify and authorize a fix. The CEO’s of the company are the lead designers and they also control the budgets. A quarter percent of one percent is not going to be scrutinized.

Plus let’s be real. Speed UTV will never be as big as Polaris, BRP or Textron. (Yes they will out sell Textron) but those companies are 10 fold deep within other companies. But Speed does not need to be that big to carve a place in the market. If Speed averaged 10,000 units a year that would hugely successful for the market, region and demographics they are in. And Yes Speed can be the Ferrari, Lamborghini or Shelby of the UTV world. Just like this new Pro R is not going to be for everyone, neither is the Speed. Buts that’s not to say they are not going to be looked at as the pinochle of the sport machines. 
Was only joking sir. 🙂 

Looking forward to driving a large NA engine in a rzr. The power hit in my chipped turbo S is too peaky for me.  Without the chip, the engine is too lean IMO. Hope it is like my xp900 with double the power.

Not sure if anyone has asked the question but will helmets be mandatory now that they are going over 1000cc’s?

Looking forward to driving a large NA engine in a rzr. The power hit in my chipped turbo S is too peaky for me.  Without the chip, the engine is too lean IMO. Hope it is like my xp900 with double the power.
Chipped, or tuned?  How are you reading AFR to say it's too lean stock? 

-TJ

Back