New Polaris Pro R

I went back and watched the video again, saw a lot more detail this time around. Very entertaining, but every time they showed the driver's helmet, it was bouncing around A LOT! When he landed at the end of the ramp, when he did the other jumps, etc. Yikes! I got whiplash just watching it!
RJ is use to it.  

Have you seen the other videos he did when the XP1000 was launched?

Absolutely true. I have only a couple inches .. maybe in width for the front, new rear wider paddles, hoping they fit on in the rear.. guess I'll find out soon... but yeah, SPEED wouldn't be an option unless I had a different TH. I think they might not really 'get' that going wider than 72" limits the TH storage ... 'market' for lack of a better term.

abc
I have a full size WW (FSC2800), It is a wide body model of WW not the narrow super light like you have. In order to easily climb out I have to back my 72" X3 in.  I have maybe three quarters of an inch between the two sides between wheel wells. The front I don't think would go without ratcheting the front end in. If I was to pull in forward. I don't think a speed would fit in my WW at 77" .

Now I guess I will gain about 1-1.5" once I get the MTS suspension work done. They run a higher axle angle than my car with the fox set up.  

How small is your trailer?

Most of them are 88-89" between the wheel wells. Those without wheel wells are about 96" wall to wall. The Speed is only 77" max. width. It will easily fit even in a 96" outside width trailer.
It’s a super light, so like 75/76” between the carpeted wheel wells, but the back should be about a foot wider (total), … last season I ran the same skinny front tires on the front as I did the rear, you know the ones with the small scoop.

Now I have new rear bead locks and they are much wider with scoops and I’m thinking that they will fit because there are no wheel wells in the back.

We shall see but the speed absolutely would not fit. I don’t even know what the two-seater length is but my garage is only 11 feet.

I don’t know about any of you folks but I absolutely hate changing tires.

I only have paddles for my velocity because of the higher horsepower.

I do not have or run paddle tires for my big bore 1110cc 2014 XP which is naturally aspirated because I figure paddle tires would add like 3%… Plus with the eight ply tires I can just plow into sticks and shrubs, run over glass, etc.

some of the old videos were getting kind of lame but I really like this one.

finally if the belt is in the middle under the seat then I think Polaris has made a huge mistake.

i’m well over 25 belts until I figured out that I needed to stay aired up on my 2014 in order to save belts.

ABC

Last edited by a moderator:
4cyl??? I still only see a 2 into 1 exhaust. maybe there is a 4x2 manifold under there but can't see it

View attachment 16678

but, Alba Racing just did a FB post about it being 4cyl Prostar engine and waiting to get one to R&D
Sounds like a parallel twin unless they went crossplane on the 4-banger...

Here is the Slingshot 4Cyl
Polaris has made a number of major updates to the vehicle for 2020, though, which includes a new ProStar 2.0L engine that was developed in-house. The engine, which is the first four-cylinder developed by Polaris Industries, makes 178 horsepower at 8500 RPM. A more powerful version of the engine is also found in the new Polaris Slingshot R, where it makes 203 horsepower at 8,250 RPM.

2020-Polaris-Slingshot-R-ProStar-Engine-03.jpg

2020-Polaris-Slingshot-R-ProStar-Engine-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
178 hp?? That's a huge leap forward!! That CRUSHES the Speed UTV, plus it's probably lighter than the Speed engine! Sand Shark was right on the money, as always!

Here's a video of the actual model of UTV that they are going to sell, with bonus footage of Max constantly looking for an unauthorized line to take!

You know what I noticed...

in the Hoonigan stunt video, RJ's head was banging around like he was getting thrown around really bad.

In the Speed video, none of the driver's helmets were banging around. Especially the guy driving the black race car through the whoops.

The New Pro R is just a few mods away from being a Predator X18 Intimidator now.

I hope they found a way to keep the weight down so it stays a true SxS.

You know what I noticed...

in the Hoonigan stunt video, RJ's head was banging around like he was getting thrown around really bad.

In the Speed video, none of the driver's helmets were banging around. Especially the guy driving the black race car through the whoops.
We all see how much better the Speed UTV SHOULD be once it makes it to the public but it seems crazy to constantly bash all other brands when the Speed hasn’t even made it to production yet. Something I do agree with is the belt location. Seems a pain to get to once you have 4 or 5 point belts in it. On the flip side, Ive had my car for 3 seasons and am still on the original belt so how often will it need to be changed?

Back