New Polaris Pro R

Yeah I remember someone saying it was for controlling toe. What about the front axle going through the shock Clevis to the lower arm?? Sure is funky. 

613579C1-A9FA-4487-A546-E2554C6DA1B2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well those photos are from 2+ years ago. 

The idea was stupid then and is still stupid today.

I'm hearing the CVT belt is behind the seats as well. 

How many more stupid ideas can you put into one package?

What I am most curious about is how the race orgs are going to recognize this model being a 2.0l engine. 

Should get interesting and we will get to see how much pull Polaris ready has with the orgs.
Damn, so they weren’t forced to mount the shock that way??!! They actually designed it like that??! Wow! I thought they did that cause of RG’s patent on mounting it to lower arm.  guess not if this was designed and built over 2 years ago. 

Well those photos are from 2+ years ago. 

The idea was stupid then and is still stupid today.

I'm hearing the CVT belt is behind the seats as well. 

How many more stupid ideas can you put into one package?

What I am most curious about is how the race orgs are going to recognize this model being a 2.0l engine. 

Should get interesting and we will get to see how much pull Polaris ready has with the orgs.
Well that was a positive post. 👍

Everybody has been saying this will have the new 4cyl NA motor from the Slingshot and a sequential.  I've had serious doubts about that the whole time.  First, would Polaris want to break the ROTV definition?  What would that even look like for selling in CA?  Second, Polaris has no history with a sequential, it'd be a new from-scratch deal for them.  So I finally watched the vid, my thoughts...

• It does sound like it could be a bigger NA 4cyl, but also sounds a bit like a PROSTAR
  • It does NOT sound like a sequential, it definitely sounds and acts like a CVT though when he gets on it after the big opening jump.  When they show the dash at like 1:46 as he accelerates off the jump, goes to like 8700 RPM and just holds - CVT-like.  All throughout when he gets on it it jumps and holds RPM like a CVT
  • Can we talk about how close he came to over-jumping that big opening jump and pure flat-landing it on pavement??? 😐😐😐😐
  • Wilkey was there for the sand-drags, somebody aXe him what the scoop is
  • It does indeed look like Polaris is trying to answer the call of the newer X3s (200HP RR) and Speed 

-TJ
You forgot the Baywatch babe.

Got nothing to add other than that was a close call on the first big jump, sooo close to a flat landing.... that would have been Nasty.

Wonder if that red bar is spring steel and the bend gives some form of passive rear steering to improve handling?

Now this is a disturbing looking drive train. Yes, that sideways piece is the belt drive housing, with an input shaft and 2 output shafts. It's located right behind the seats. Can you say nightmare?   LOL How exactly do you put a new belt on with 2 driveshafts coming out opposite sides? 

"the “base” version will launch with a new CVT housing (first reported on our Facebook page) located BEHIND the seats!"

That looks to be some type of transfer case between the drive shafts no the belt and clutches 

Wonder if that red bar is spring steel and the bend gives some form of passive rear steering to improve handling?
Looks like a track bar to help control the track of the suspension as it cycles.  The front shocks mounting to the lower a-arm is a nice touch too.  

crazy to think Polaris had this concept more than 2 speed years ago.  

4C97826E-A114-443C-88B2-654FBACEE7E8.png

69DD6F77-0824-4A28-8433-6C76611C50E3.png

Do you see a clutch housing anywhere else in that 
Look at the CVT diagram.  You see any inputs or outputs for drive shafts?

Give Polaris some credit for not making changing a belt a complete nightmare.  Still Going to be interesting to see how it is done with it in front of the engine  

Look at the CVT diagram.  You see any inputs or outputs for drive shafts?

Give Polaris some credit for not making changing a belt a complete nightmare.  Still Going to be interesting to see how it is done with it in front of the engine  

Look at the front shock lower mount.

Look at the red toe control bar on the rear suspension.

The CVT housing is mounted behind the seats, requiring disassembly of the entire rear of the passenger compartment.

Give POSlaris some credit??

:lmao:

The CVT housing is mounted behind the seats, requiring disassembly of the entire rear of the passenger compartment.

Wow.... you seem REALLY sure of what you're seeing based on a Hoonigan vid and some screen caps...

-TJ

Reactions: gdt
Wow.... you seem REALLY sure of what you're seeing based on a Hoonigan vid and some screen caps...

-TJ
That's all we have to go on so far.

I'm sure more of their "engineering prowess" will be revealed in Nov.

Put your glasses on and have a look come 11/9.   Then get in your car by the end of November and you can go to a dealer and see one in person and wait for it. ………………….

buy one and load it on a trailer and take it home.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

I will hold off judgment on the belt placement on this car until I see what they show on 11/9.    

Reactions: gdt
That's all we have to go on so far.

I'm sure more of their "engineering prowess" will be revealed in Nov.
Having little to go on and making assured statements doesn't make you right.  If that's "all you have to go on" perhaps don't make such strong, self-confident claims?  You make it sound as if you were put under duress and required to give your official opinion.  If you don't know, and there's also not enough data to work from you could always just not say anything... 

-TJ

Back