New Polaris Pro R

200hp? Maybe? From what I heard 4th & 5th hand was it was not going to be that much. But maybe with the Covid delays & with Can Am releasing a 200hp machine, maybe they have bumped it up? 

Polaris history shows they have released the 4 seater in the second half, but again with the 1 year delay in releasing it, it’s probable they release both at the same time. 

Im not sure this is the machine that’s going to cause a Speed deposit holder that has been waiting for their Speed UTV to jump ship and buy this Pro R as a Speed replacement. I’d bet 85% of the deposit holders are satisfied to wait longer to get the Speed car they have been watching and hoping for vs the latest Polaris. I’d guess most Speed deposit holders are current or previous Polaris & Can Am owners and are looking for something different. (I Am) They see an opportunity to buy something without the Polaris & Can Am flaws that never get fixed. This Pro R is still a RZR and still Polaris. It’s going to have the same “Polaris” issues Polaris is known for. BTW for the most part my XP900 has been solid. Yes I’ve improved it a ton, but powertrains been pretty solid. So I’m not anti Polaris, I’m just looking for something that is clearly design better then what is currently available. 

Now with that said, I could see someone who’s just now thinking about getting a Speed, and is told there are 5000+ customers in front of them with no solid delivery date. Then seeing this, and knowing they can buy one in a month or two (In Theory!) That they could be swayed to buy this vs the Speed. But those are also the people who will be swayed when Can Am releases something new, or when their buddy gets his Speed etc.. to go buy one of those. 

Bottom line; guys like 10shot who have hard ons for Polaris, are going to buy the latest Polaris. Guys like you who are die hard Can Am, are going to stay with Can Am. I know a guy who only rode Red, says the Talon is the best. He uses the trans & smart 4wd as why the Honda is way better then the rest. 

I think Sales could be slow out the gate for the R like the Pro was when it was released. Polaris had to kill off the Turbo S as it was still outselling the Pro. Two other things I think the new R will have against it is Weight & Cost. So many have this issue with weight. They have been adamant that the Speed is too heavy etc.. Now they will have to stand by their theory of weight or admit it’s not that important. Plus I think power to weight with the new R is going to be lower then the rest. Then you have cost. How many have freaked out that Speed wants $30K. Even though both the higher trim Pro & X3’s are in the $30’s already. So what is this Pro R going to list for? It ain’t going to be cheap! 
I think the Pro R will hit 200+hp mark as this is a buggy with a 4 cylinder motor and it is not going to be a light SXS as you stated.  It is a big car and will need all the non-turbo hp it can get.   What I have seen thus far on the Pro R I think Polaris is moving in the right direction.  I think the XP Pro is a good SXS and was a big improvement over previous models.  

It will be interesting to see what it has to offer when the do the official release.   I think there are going to be a lot of features on this car. 

At least Wayne Matlock can finally race in the car he was supposed to be racing in all season in the unlimited class.   

I am not a die hard Can Am guy.  I just get what I think is the best for me.  I had a Polaris before a Can Am.  I am not brand loyal.   As I stated I am in the wait and see on the Speed UTV.  When the time comes for a new ride and if Speed UTV is still around I will give it a look as I will look at everything that is available.  

Yeah I’m just glad when I don’t wake up sleeping on concrete.., with doors you can’t open… you know… jail.. probably did the OC loop like 8 times by now… 😬🤦‍♂️

Anyone say if this thing is 72” wide or not… 

… SXS are now like fake plastic eggs., in a fake wicker (plastic) baskets 🧺 … with fake … wait for it.. plastic grass… 

.. you just find out if there are jelly beans, M&Ms or skittles inside…

… eff all this … I want an V8 LSX with no muffler.

Posing,

abc
It will be at least 72" wide and likely wider.  I have heard 77"-80".  We will find out on 11/9

Is there any reason to go past 72", I mean really...That's going to start issues with Toy haulers that folks use, in particular the ones with slide outs in their cargo area.
I think this car is more desert purpose built and for race purposes I think the UTVs can go out to 80".    I would think this car will fit an any toyhauler that can fit a 72" wide model.   With paddle tires my car is much wider than 72". 

Is there any reason to go past 72", I mean really...That's going to start issues with Toy haulers that folks use, in particular the ones with slide outs in their cargo area.
Greater safety, greater stability, more travel. This also gives more interior room, for the dietetically challenged.

Some toy haulers with shallow slideouts (I have one) don't intrude past the wheel wells, so it's the same as a regular 102" trailer with a gaucho bed on the wall. As long as it fits between the wheel wells (88-89") it will be fine. A lot of sandrails are already that wide and need to suck the front suspension in, so it's not really any different.

The Speed has 25" of travel at 77" width. I believe they can use all of it and it really helps.

For the newer trailers with no wheel wells, they can accommodate even wider vehicles. 

Greater safety, greater stability, more travel. This also gives more interior room, for the dietetically challenged.

Some toy haulers with shallow slideouts (I have one) don't intrude past the wheel wells, so it's the same as a regular 102" trailer with a gaucho bed on the wall. As long as it fits between the wheel wells (88-89") it will be fine. A lot of sandrails are already that wide and need to suck the front suspension in, so it's not really any different.

The Speed has 25" of travel at 77" width. I believe they can use all of it and it really helps.

For the newer trailers with no wheel wells, they can accommodate even wider vehicles. 
That's impressive numbers, they don't use that funky math like Polaris does do they? its actual numbers?

Wait....I'm sure it can be confirmed sometime soon by Joe Public owner. Not a jab, I do look forward to the Speed cars coming out.

My honest first thought when looking at this new Polaris was, did they improve quality control issues and do they still burst into flames...

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Polaris might not have any competent engineers, but their marketing prowess is off the charts!!

In one ad, they've tried to connect with a very wide range of demographics! People who like to see gymkhana like stunts, mini kart groupies, people stuck on freeways, drift nerds, surfers, Baywatch enthusiasts, Wilkey supporters and low riders! The only ones they left out was a black family eating Church's chicken!

Pure genius! They didn't have to talk about any new tech, just sell the sizzle!!

That's impressive numbers, they don't use that funky math like Polaris does do they? its actual numbers?

Wait....I'm sure it can be confirmed sometime soon by Joe Public owner. Not a jab, I do look forward to the Speed cars coming out.

My honest first thought when looking at this new Polaris was, did they improve quality control issues and do they still burst into flames...
A long time ago they showed the suspension cycled from full compression to full droop in a CAD dwg and there was still 3 or 4 inches of ground clearance at full compression. I think they've been the most conservative when it comes to quoting travel numbers. With 35" tires, the ground clearance goes up another 1.5".

Nobody mentioning the new wheel 5 lug pattern.... go buy another set of wheels tires

image.png

4cyl??? I still only see a 2 into 1 exhaust. maybe there is a 4x2 manifold under there but can't see it

image.png

but, Alba Racing just did a FB post about it being 4cyl Prostar engine and waiting to get one to R&D

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Polaris might not have any competent engineers, but their marketing prowess is off the charts!!

In one ad, they've tried to connect with a very wide range of demographics! People who like to see gymkhana like stunts, mini kart groupies, people stuck on freeways, drift nerds, surfers, Baywatch enthusiasts, Wilkey supporters and low riders! The only ones they left out was a black family eating Church's chicken!

Pure genius! They didn't have to talk about any new tech, just sell the sizzle!!
And that is why you are not on the marketing team.  LOL!

Polaris has always been very good at marketing there products.  Hence why when you mention a SXS to complete stranger most will say RZR. 

They are a great hype machine.  Maybe they learned that from RG back in the day.  

Absolutely true. I have only a couple inches .. maybe in width for the front, new rear wider paddles, hoping they fit on in the rear.. guess I'll find out soon... but yeah, SPEED wouldn't be an option unless I had a different TH. I think they might not really 'get' that going wider than 72" limits the TH storage ... 'market' for lack of a better term.

abc

Absolutely true. I have only a couple inches .. maybe in width for the front, new rear wider paddles, hoping they fit on in the rear.. guess I'll find out soon... but yeah, SPEED wouldn't be an option unless I had a different TH. I think they might not really 'get' that going wider than 72" limits the TH storage ... 'market' for lack of a better term.

abc
How small is your trailer?

Most of them are 88-89" between the wheel wells. Those without wheel wells are about 96" wall to wall. The Speed is only 77" max. width. It will easily fit even in a 96" outside width trailer.

I went back and watched the video again, saw a lot more detail this time around. Very entertaining, but every time they showed the driver's helmet, it was bouncing around A LOT! When he landed at the end of the ramp, when he did the other jumps, etc. Yikes! I got whiplash just watching it!

Back