New Polaris Pro R

I still need to see a Pro R in person, Would be great to drive one.

I still need to see a Pro R in person, Would be great to drive one.
It drives more like a class10 car than a SxS..They are not really even comparable. We will be out testing on monday with our new Bypass tubes on the Fox versions. And then following up with yet to be released upgrades on the WE shocked cars. 

It drives more like a class10 car than a SxS..They are not really even comparable. We will be out testing on monday with our new Bypass tubes on the Fox versions. And then following up with yet to be released upgrades on the WE shocked cars. 
Why waste your time on such a POS?!!

Can someone remind me why there’s a mud flap or rock shield in front of the rear tire? I forget. Is it to prevent rocks from getting into the brakes?

I would really like to drive one to compare. I have driven all the others but this one

I’ve seen & touched one, but have not driven or rode in one. They were as tall as everyone said. The tube diameter is big but the wall thickness in the few spots you could check, was not much thicker then previous RZR’s. Maybe .073 at most? Overall it’s looks big.

I’m still surprised they have not chose to finish off and make the doors solid, and do some nicer inner door panel. For the amount of money it costs, it just looks unfinished imo. 
The tube diameter is thicker than .073.  The Polaris person told me the thickness when I was checking them out, but I forgot the exact number.   I think they do not do solid doors to allow some airflow into the cab.  The cab areas of any SXS with solid doors can get toasty on warm days.

Of all the current available SXSs the Pro R interior set up is probably the nicest when it has the ride command and all the bells and whistles.   

If the Pro R was out when I was getting my new ride it would of been hard to pass up the Pro R.  

I do not understand why you are upset about them going to 2000cc motor.  Why does it matter?  Polaris was not the only manufacture pushing the 1000cc limit.   Also at the time that was the largest motor any manufacture was using.  There is nothing in that deal that prevents any manufacture from going to a bigger motor.   

I suspect Can Am will have something with a bigger motor out in the next year.  The rumor mill is they have something to compete with the Pro R. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The tube diameter is thicker than .073.  The Polaris person told me the thickness when I was checking them out, but I forgot the exact number.   I think they do not do solid doors to allow some airflow into the cab.  The cab areas of any SXS with solid doors can get toasty on warm days.

Of all the current available SXSs the Pro R interior set up is probably the nicest when it has the ride command and all the bells and whistles.   

If the Pro R was out when I was getting my new ride it would of been hard to pass up the Pro R.  

I do not understand why you are upset about them going to 2000cc motor.  Why does it matter?  Polaris was not the only manufacture pushing the 1000cc limit.   Also at the time that was the largest motor any manufacture was using.  There is nothing in that deal that prevents any manufacture from going to a bigger motor.   

I suspect Can Am will have something with a bigger motor out in the next year.  The rumor mill is they have something to compete with the Pro R. 
The 1,000 cc motor limit means nothing other then keeping the state happy and passing ROHV Laws.

Laws get amended when the Corp / MFG lobby and fund them to be changed... $$$

It's all about the $$$ making ability for both sides.

When will the weight of an OHV aka ROHV, etc come into play with registration and yearly fees? maybe never if it follows Sand Cars and Buggys, but you never know with .gov money grabs.

Back