New Polaris Pro R

My kids new dirt bike could not be registered and no sticker.  Fortunately he only uses it at the track so not a huge deal. 
Yep.  New registration: screwed.  Whether it's a brand new bike, or one you brought from out of state, or the PO lost the title, you're screwed.  Wife's red-stickered Blaster got a green sticker.

Yep.  New registration: screwed.  Whether it's a brand new bike, or one you brought from out of state, or the PO lost the title, you're screwed.  Wife's red-stickered Blaster got a green sticker.
So stupid of the state to give up the red sticker fees.  

So it looks like the lower shock clevis mount was not an issue for any of the racers at the Norra 1000.  Wayne and his wife raced their pre-runner Pro Rs and I think Wayne finished 4th overall against all the vehicle racing.  His wife had an overall on one of the stages.  The Matlock's pre-runners have the stock suspension.  

The Anderson brothers were racing their Pro R as well.  

Looks like a really fun race.   

Shock Therapy does a suspension cycle test on the Pro R. There is some good, some bad & some ugly! One part they started to touch on and either got side tracked or did not want to detail was the negative camber the front suspension see’s at full droop. My thought was Polaris did it as they did not want to sacrifice wheel travel #’s and giving it negative camber was the only way the CV angle will live. I mentioned this to someone in the know, and they agreed that’s is what’s going on. It’s not ideal or really fixable without major changes. 

Watch the Shock Therapy video to learn more about the Pro R geometry. I think you will be surprised at the track width change a Pro R has. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oHAogVOqI0w 

Positive camber would save the cvs.

What was it like 12 & 13 inches of track change? 
Everyone that has one or ridden in one has said the car handles great. But then I hear Justin say 13 inches of track scrub change and thought that should get real squirrelly  when hitting the whoops and and at high speeds??  :classic_blink:

Hitting straight whoops at speed shouldn't be the main issue as long as the geometry is somewhat good, the main issue is cornering and getting unloaded. All conventional UTVs have this issue because of the radius rod setup. This causes your track width to narrow and its super easy to catch an edge.

You want a car to settle when cornering, radius rods don't do that. You rely on the 4wd to get you through and to make up for the shortcomings in the rear.

Furthermore you simply cannot throw a radius rod UTV into a corner like a buggy or a truck because you will snap radius rods or heims or whatever else down the line from side loading.

Ask me how I know, here is myself and another guy, we were the leaders at this race and both broke the same side of the car getting after it within an 1/8 of a mile of each other. (Well other guy broke both sides but you get the point.)

View attachment 35450

View attachment 35451
Exactly!! Had radius rods on my old rail and wasn’t a fan of it. They were equal length which made it horrible to drive at high speeds but it did love to drift into the corners due to the loss of traction. 

On the other hand looks like Kawasaki KRX 1000 got the geometry correct even with radius rods. Though I’ll never own a car with radius rods (just something else that’ll break)I really like the Kawasaki. 

Just a PSA in case you haven’t received a notification. Get’er done before riding season begins  E823B176-2320-49D2-BF4F-2B2026E49640.png

Back