New Polaris Pro R

Just saw that Harry who owns this Alba tuned Pro R was in a head on crash with a Turbo S over Presidents Weekend. Both cars are totaled, but sounds like everyone walked away with only bumps & bruises. 
At the ledge?

As a die hard can am guy I must admit the Pro R is impressive as all hell. 

It makes me wonder how much farther the manufacturers can push the limits….and price points. 

As a die hard can am guy I must admit the Pro R is impressive as all hell. 

It makes me wonder how much farther the manufacturers can push the limits….and price points. 
Price points are not an issue when people have money to spend and the finance terms are stretched out enough that the payments are not huge.  

I remember when people were screaming about the pricing on the XP1000 when it was released.  Many were saying people are not going to pay $20K for a SXS and here we are looking a SXS selling with a MSRP near $40K and the dealers have them sold before they arrive.    

Price points are not an issue when people have money to spend and the finance terms are stretched out enough that the payments are not huge.  

I remember when people were screaming about the pricing on the XP1000 when it was released.  Many were saying people are not going to pay $20K for a SXS and here we are looking a SXS selling with a MSRP near $40K and the dealers have them sold before they arrive.    
We have also been in a good economy for the last 12 years. Wait until the next down turn, which is coming. The economic cycles are usually around 8-10 years. We are overdue for a correction.

We have also been in a good economy for the last 12 years. Wait until the next down turn, which is coming. The economic cycles are usually around 8-10 years. We are overdue for a correction.
The correction is coming and with the higher gas prices RV and powersports industry might get it sooner. 

The higher SxS prices are driving up the buggy prices............my buggy I bought 5 years ago for $32k, is worth nearly $60K............scary.  The car was built in 2007 with a 2D tranny................

The higher SxS prices are driving up the buggy prices............my buggy I bought 5 years ago for $32k, is worth nearly $60K............scary.  The car was built in 2007 with a 2D tranny................
That and the fact it would cost $150K or more to build a new Funco.  Kind of like boats right now.  

Ouch!!! Hey @NIKAL I guess that’s a pretty good deal when you consider what a new one cost these days. 😳05942E2F-1D20-4C12-AFEB-7A2090A08E69.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez.

How much testing do they do on these things before they sell them? You would think someone would have noticed this during QC checks before they left the factory.

Wow. A fire, without even having to carry a gas can in the bed! They think of everything!

:lol:

Yeah, my black RZR (not a Pro R obviously) due to vibration backed out the inner bolt that holds then inner clutch cover deal.. hit the clutch and had to replace the primary. Apparently Polaris didn't think to put lock-tight on the bolt(s). 

As the mechanic was showing me what happened, I'm sitting on another customer's tire (leaning against it), .. he says, 'Yeah the one you're leaning against, same problem' .. and they've seen this more than once.. oh and the extended warranty company DOESN'T cover it.. sure .. Polaris here's another $1500 for your CRAPPY sh__!

I hope SPEED kicks Polaris and Canned Ham in the teeth. 

abc

Back