New Polaris Pro R

12 hours ago, NIKAL said:

These guys are hard to watch. But sxsblog did some serious donuts with their new Pro R and they seized the engine as it pushed all the oil away from the pump. 

For how bad ass this new car is suppose to be, why don’t they dry sump? My old XP900 is dry sumped. 

Save you from the pain, Start watching at 25 min. 

That river ride looks fun though.  

The SXSblog guys pulled the motor on the Pro R to see what happen:

24 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

The SXSblog guys pulled the motor on the Pro R to see what happen:

thought it was interesting that they didn't see any obvious oil psi sensor on the engine..

thought it was interesting that they didn't see any obvious oil psi sensor on the engine..
I was thinking the same thing.  Crazy if Polaris does not have oil sensor. 

What do you expect from alleged 5 years or R&D building this new RZR?  They felt it dont need all those sensors or a better oil pan design...Lol j/k but nobody in Polaris thought idiots will pull 360 donuts for minutes at a time and have to design around that.

The oil sensor thing is strange.

Like I mentioned with the oil pan design it’s surprising it starved for oil. Also that section of engine block that comes off between the oil pan and the crank case was very different.

You would also think the motor would have gone into limp or shut off protection with that amount of time with no oil pressure. Clearly to get the rod caps hot enough to turn blue, it was starving longer then a few seconds. 
considering where the oil pump looked like it was (pulley side of engine) the pump you would think it woulda been covered in oil during the rotations of the car specially with all that pan baffling.

my only thought.. how hard would it be to swap in a honda k series?

What is the factory warranty? Shouldn't it be 6 months? Wouldn't it be void by tearing the engine apart. I did not watch the whole video and probably missed it. 

Ouch! Wonder how beefy those radius rods and trailing arms really are? Looks pretty thin walled to me. People just love to abuse their new toys. 🥴

C53F1004-6921-47B2-AB32-2A8E5C695CCF.jpeg

Back