New Polaris Pro R

Sara Priced crashed hers as well practicing, but was able to get it back together to Qualify.  I think hers is a Pro R?

sara.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! No one is talking about it, so I guess no one knows about it, YET! 

Casey Currie crashed his RZR today at KOTH UTV qualifying. What’s interesting is the RZR he was driving. It’s a new Pro Turbo. Yes the Pro 1000 cc Turbo that is not out yet and has not yet been given a release date yet. 

In these crash pictures you can see the 1000cc engine & CVT in the standard place, new rear Pro toe link, and the new Pro front suspension. 

View attachment 25019View attachment 25020View attachment 25021
The guy that build my cage build that car for Currie. Saw it at his shop several months ago. That is a Pro R Turbo he is running as is everyone else.  I do not think any of the Polaris sponsored racers are using a Pro R.  

Remember the Pro Turbo R gets the same suspension and width as the Pro, but comes with the 181hp turbo motor. 

The Pro Turbo R is expected to his dealers in March.  That is what the Polaris rep told me when I went to check them out.  He said the Launch edition Pro Rs was first to hit the dealers as it is a limited edition run.

I think the Pro R Turbo is going to be a great car.  You get the wider stance and suspension of the Pro R with a proven turbo motor.  It is a great replacement car for the no longer produced Turbo S. 

Bryce Menzie is also racing a Pro Turbo R as is Mitch Guthrie Jr (rock race only), CJ Greeves and Ronnie Anderson.  Polaris is making a big push with this car in the rock race.  The want so badly to get on the box and beat Can Am.  Going to be a tough task with Chaney, the Miller boys and Blurton being in a Can Am.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she crashed and spent most of yesterday repairing it so she could qualify. Hers is not the Pro R as that’s the 2000cc engine. Hers would be like Curries and be the Pro Turbo R? I think they are calling it? It’s got the Pro R suspension but still running the 1000’cc 181 hp 2 cylinder. 

I found out Polaris gave several factory teams these new cars for KOTH. They won’t be Score or BITD legal yet as they have to release to the public first. But KOTH does not have that requirement. 

This will be a great test for the new suspension platform. Curries broke in qualifying, but he had a violent crash. Not sure about Sara’s. 
The cars will be legal for the turbo class in BITD and SCORE.   I think SCORE and BITD is making the Pro R race in unlimited for now. 

The Turbo R cars will be legal once released to the public. They could race them now in the unlimited class like where the Pro R will be, but until they are available to the public they can’t race in the Pro Production classes at either Score or BITD. Like I mentioned Dave Cole does not have that requirement at the Ultra4 series, thus why they are here now for this one race. 

The Pro R will always race in an Unlimited class, or until other manufactures build a greater then 1000cc platform. At that point they might have a class just for 2000’cc cars. But they will not end up in the Pro Production N/A or Turbo classes we currently have. 
By the time the San Felipe 250 rolls around the Pro R Turbo will be at the dealers.  I think Polaris is more interested in showcasing the Pro R in the desert races.  Guthrie did finish only 5 minutes behind the winning class 10 car in the desert race at KOH.  I think Matlock was 9th overall in that race.   

I saw one in person yesterday at Moto United in La Habra...it is HUGE!!

And it is tall.

That's all I got!

:dbart:

I saw one in person at KOH and infact Polaris was doing test rides in them but I didnt go over to drive one wish I would have but with that being said I really like all the changes they have made

Sara Priced crashed hers as well practicing, but was able to get it back together to Qualify.  I think hers is a Pro R?

View attachment 25081
She is in a Pro Turbo R.   

Mitch Guthrie raced a Pro Turbo R yesterday and still was an hour back of the winning Can Am X3.  

Wonder about belt life with that much weight and power.  :blink:

I wonder when the motor goes boom!!! 

Alba has a tune for the Pro R.  

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ9xRMHJDTa/?utm_medium=copy_link[/SIZE]
That is freaking flying up Olds!  So lets start adding it up in CA the rzr will run min $40k OTD plus all the add ons to personalize it another $10K .  Then drop $10K for a turbo which kills any factory warranty.  Yikes thats serious coin for a SXS.   We all know this RZR is a true game changer and exciting for Polaris to push CanAm to step up the game.  

Back