New Polaris Pro R

7 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

i was was new to the SXS thing why would you look elsewhere  will be on the floor, sounds like a reasonable price point and you could buy replacement parts today.  looks beefy

i was was new to the SXS thing why would you look elsewhere  will be on the floor, sounds like a reasonable price point and you could buy replacement parts today.  looks beefy
The Pro R is pretty beefy.  I was able to check them out in person.  If I was in the market for a new sport SXS it would be hard to pass up this car.   The MSRP is up there but I think you get a lot of car for the money when you get the model with the Dynamic suspension set up.     

You might have to check out these motors and see what magic you can work.  

Kinda concerned about how many miles a tank of fuel will get you.. I will be using it for dessert..

Ribbed for your pleasure.

272409908_3208678479456200_1085017191105852792_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JBL
Wow rear shock failure, must have been a big Send for sure.  Public hands equals real world driving and punishing.  Come on though its been out a few weeks now and nobody has one to brag about while at G?  No videos of it racing up olds or the drags? Come on people post up!

I’m guessing it’s more of a Fox shock issue then Polaris Pro R issue. Didn’t they have issues with Walker Even shock shafts bending & breaking on the front of the XP1000 the first year they came out? It was soft material and bad heat treat, if I remember right? 

We know Matlocks had shock issues at the 1000, which we have not heard what failed, but it was said they were preproduction parts, so who knows?

One thing I do know is Fox knows how to make a great product, but when you are contract manufacturing you have to reduce quality to get those price points down. There is no way Fox can produce the same quality race shock that I buy for the race car, for Polaris. 
Maybe it's a mounting angle problem? I remember seeing other shocks bending on Rzrs in the past.

At any rate, when this happened to the owner of a brand new vehicle, I don't think he was trying to determine if it was a shock issue or a vehicle issue. He was probably trying to figure out how to get it back to camp.

Who knows how hard he abused it to bend a shock like that.

Are they running 3.0 shocks?.. is there a 3.5? (I don’t know diddly about shocks other than the size numbers).

I wonder what my Turbo S ones have…? both tuned by Shock Therapy.

It’s weird but they didn’t put rear limit straps on the black one.. just the orange one (done 1 year and a 1/2 apart)?? Didn’t notice until they were side by side (pun intended).

abc

18A372B8-776E-4D60-98EB-866AFA53EE40.jpeg

47C17138-BD74-49A8-BD5A-E600A429F01F.jpeg

6A0A677B-D298-4C63-829B-2E60D925CA69.jpeg

290FAD8B-E1C1-4FDF-8FB1-883112ACDC17.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the Polaris Pro R had a good showing at King Of the Hammers. Finished 2nd overall and 1st in class. Quite an accomplishment to be able to beat out many of the class 10 cars. 

KOH.. whoop whoop!.. hi-jack.. rig is out front of my house and I'm PREPPIN'!

abc

Does the Ca DMV register the Pro R as a side by side or do they have a different classification? Why the different race class?

I am a speed guy so I do not understand.

Got a glimpse of a Pro R out in Glamis this weekend.  I believe it was the SXSblogs guys as they were in Glamis.  

Back