New Polaris Pro R

It’s like that through the whole industry right now. Snowmobiles are a joke. Polaris shipped sled with motors that need to be torn down due to an assembly error. Ski doo shipped without their dashes (bombardier) so the can am rumor will probably be true. Another manufacturer is skipping this year on new models. Crazy… 

Polaris introduced new snowmobiles that won’t be delivered until spring. 😂 
Why even bother releasing a new model Snowmobile that will be delivered when the snow is gone.  LOL!

A friend was able to get a RZR XP Pro about a month ago.  All parts intact.  

Why even bother releasing a new model Snowmobile that will be delivered when the snow is gone.  LOL!

A friend was able to get a RZR XP Pro about a month ago.  All parts intact.  
No kidding. This dealer had to bring on some cheap lines just to fill their showroom. It would be empty if they didn’t. They even have snowmobiles on the floor that need the main bearings replaced just so it looks like they have inventory. 

No kidding. This dealer had to bring on some cheap lines just to fill their showroom. It would be empty if they didn’t. They even have snowmobiles on the floor that need the main bearings replaced just so it looks like they have inventory. 
Wow! I guess the dealers will find out if they have good mechanics real quick when the parts arrive.  

I was talking to a sales guys at my local Ford dealer.  Normally they have 650+ new vehicles for sale.  Now they are lucky if they have over 60.  

Merry Christmas from Polaris.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/recall-alert-polaris-recalls-8800-off-road-vehicles-due-crash-concerns/Q7NCTSVHS5CXZPOLGFSNVQY6V4/?fbclid=IwAR2aNiWTiLgbm_0qCKNSonfYbwXqTucl6fPbsnx6FOF2pJ6UKvke3cR2nrA

MEDINA, Minn. — Polaris Industries Inc., of Medina, Minnesota, on Thursday recalled about 8,800 RZR and GENERAL recreational off-road vehicles over crash concerns.

According to the recall notice, the steering wheel can separate, resulting in a loss of control. To date, the company has fielded 33 reports of broken or cracked steering wheel spokes, resulting in five rollovers and two injuries...

An additional 940 of the affected off-road vehicles were sold in Canada.
Typical of Polaris to let the public test the SXS's then just do recalls to fix what Joe Public finds out.  Unfortunately at the safety of the public.   Be nice if CanAM fixed their weak front end issue but we shall see what they release this year.

Now back to the topic.  You mean the new RZR will not be available to the masses till later this year?  Sounds like a similar SXS manufacturer that Parades around a new SXS, shows some videos and talk but no release date yet.  

Typical of Polaris to let the public test the SXS's then just do recalls to fix what Joe Public finds out.  Unfortunately at the safety of the public.   Be nice if CanAM fixed their weak front end issue but we shall see what they release this year.

Now back to the topic.  You mean the new RZR will not be available to the masses till later this year?  Sounds like a similar SXS manufacturer that Parades around a new SXS, shows some videos and talk but no release date yet.  
I guess we'll see, but I just ordered my Pro R a week or so ago and I'm told I'll see it late-Feb/early-Mar.

-TJ

Polaris will actually have some Pro Rs in the hand of customers by the end of the month.  When they get more to the dealers after the initial deliver is a guessing came. 

How is this Polaris letting the public test?  Sounds like the vendor they use to make steering wheels sent out a huge shipment of bad wheels.  No surprise these days.  They have been using the same steering wheels in many of the models for years with no issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas from Polaris.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/recall-alert-polaris-recalls-8800-off-road-vehicles-due-crash-concerns/Q7NCTSVHS5CXZPOLGFSNVQY6V4/?fbclid=IwAR2aNiWTiLgbm_0qCKNSonfYbwXqTucl6fPbsnx6FOF2pJ6UKvke3cR2nrA

MEDINA, Minn. — Polaris Industries Inc., of Medina, Minnesota, on Thursday recalled about 8,800 RZR and GENERAL recreational off-road vehicles over crash concerns.

According to the recall notice, the steering wheel can separate, resulting in a loss of control. To date, the company has fielded 33 reports of broken or cracked steering wheel spokes, resulting in five rollovers and two injuries...

An additional 940 of the affected off-road vehicles were sold in Canada.
Polaris's way of getting to the Canadians. LOL!

I dropped off my ‘21 Velocity a few days ago for all the upgrades and forgot to ask if I’m on the recall list.

Had to kill my New Years Glamis trip as my buddy, fiancé had Covid.

Went to Calico instead. No OHVs… just clappers. 

Kinda not looking forward to Monday. I’m in the thick of the semiconductor supply chain deal with mountains of inventory… great $, but I’m not used to working over 3 hours a day.

I think the delivery issues will go into 2023… maybe longer. Was looking forward to getting my youngest her first car, but I don’t want to get killed on ++ MSRP.

ugh

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda not looking forward to Monday. I’m in the thick of the semiconductor supply chain deal with mountains of inventory… great $, but I’m not used to working over 3 hours a day.

I think the delivery issues will go into 2023… maybe longer. Was looking forward to getting my youngest her first car, but I don’t want to get killed on ++ MSRP.
Maybe work through lunch and not worry about it.

I kinda think the belt will be a non issue and if changed annually or on a service schedule you will not have any issues. I don’t know why? Because Polaris has not been super successful in the CVT dept, but I feel like they got it on this one and belts will not be an issue. Only time will tell. 
The clutches are pretty big and the belt is much bigger than what is used on the Turbo S or XP Pro.  I think you are right the belt will not be much of an issue. 

I think most of the manufactures at this point have the CVT belt set ups dialed in pretty good.  Other than in the dunes you really do not see people breaking belts.   

My friend got over 3200 miles on his belt before it broke this past week in Glamis. His was almost all dune miles.  

I've only tossed 1 belt and that was on my '19 (the '21 only has 1 break-in trip and one Glamis trip so far so I wouldn't expect a failure so early), these are 2 seat Turbo S Velocity models.

The '19 has a full season and I know why I busted it.. got in at night with a passenger that weighs 270lbs. I'm 180lbs and I didn't warm it up at all, just started to hammer on the gas.

I agree the belts/clutches are getting better so maybe this one they finally have it 'right.'

abc

My buddy that saw them racing the 12 hour race in Texas said they were beasts! He said you could hear them coming and they were flat out moving! He said they looked a bit faster than the turbo rzr’s and CanAms. Time will tell.

What’s your thoughts on this Polaris ad photo for the new Pro R? Look at the front tires at droop. View attachment 22387View attachment 22388

Sure looks like allot of bumpsteer. It’s like looking at someone with a lazy eye. You don’t know where to look or what they are lookkng at! 
Probably just a funky photo angle.  I do not recall Polaris models having lots of bumpsteer.  

Back