New Polaris Pro R

the shorter the clevis the less of a problem.  just imagine the same SXS shock shown on the pro but lengthen the clevis even more and then you get where im coming from.  the way Honda did it is the bomb  very strong and takes advantage of the larger diameter too

Joe Public has a way of finding failure points.  LOL!

So far one racer with the Walker Evans shocks had no issues and finished the Mint 400 as the 5th overall UTV.  We have a Baja racer with the Fox set up that killed multiple front shocks.  Reason for failure is said to be bad casting of the part and more recently I have seen blame placed on an aftermarket part.  Which aftermarket part has not be disclosed. 

Joe Public will be the tie breaker. 
First it was said it was bad batch of shocks, that IG post was deleted. They now say they couldn’t have known at the time, but ended up being aftermarket springs that were short causing the issues. Team issue not Polaris or Fox’s fault. 

So failures already with 4-6 years of planning developing and testing? With a track record of releasing units that cause fires, bad clutches small shock shafts and now they want the public to pay $40K OTD for this?  Yeah Im leaning towards upgrading my sand car already and just buy a used SXS for the desert.  I think I can still get a brand new Textron XX for about $20k or used for $15K. Lost interest in the Speed LMAO as their camp went quiet with no new updates.  

Suffered through ST's "infomercial" on the new Polar-ass. Almost had to barf.

So failures already with 4-6 years of planning developing and testing? With a track record of releasing units that cause fires, bad clutches small shock shafts and now they want the public to pay $40K OTD for this?  Yeah Im leaning towards upgrading my sand car already and just buy a used SXS for the desert.  I think I can still get a brand new Textron XX for about $20k or used for $15K. Lost interest in the Speed LMAO as their camp went quiet with no new updates.

I think it might of been a freak deal with shocks on Matlock’s race Pro R.
He raced his stock Pro R pre-runner this weekend and no shock issues 

5C50669D-325B-4956-81D6-25BC8F959B62.png

Pretty cool.  
You can see the per unit price drop in the efficiency... 

And also understand better what the OEM's dealing with when it comes to oddball designs.  Most chassis engineers want a stiff chassis with no dead nodes.  Unfortunately, the manufacturing engineers, beancounters and "value engineering" department likes to piss all over those desires.  :biggrin:

Nice.. so my guess is when you get your SPEED and get to drive both, you'll 'pick one' and let us know. Talk about an independent review. 

Hope it happens (SPEED sooner than later) so we know which one is better. I'm thinking 2.0L vs. 1.0L will be a big factor and almost like comparing apples to oranges in a sense.

abc

Nice.. so my guess is when you get your SPEED and get to drive both, you'll 'pick one' and let us know. Talk about an independent review. 

Hope it happens (SPEED sooner than later) so we know which one is better. I'm thinking 2.0L vs. 1.0L will be a big factor and almost like comparing apples to oranges in a sense.

abc
Yeah, I hope to have both and give my feedback on them.  The 2.0L vs. 1.0L thing will be interesting, since the 2.0L is NA and the 1.0L is turbo, and both deliver 225 HP.  

-TJ

I was a die hard believer in NA and more displacement for engine longevity and also had heard so much about 'turbo lag.' Wife has a turbo street car and I notice a slight lag, but not in the Turbo SXSs. Seems as with the loose ground you're driving on, the wheels spin (and the turbo spools) so quick that there really isn't a significant lag IMO.

I haven't been closely following the SPEED thread so what is current delivery status?.. and isn't there a CARB or some other regulatory body to get past as well?

abc

Ordered this:

View attachment 21718

I guess we'll see what shows up first, this or the Speed... unfortunately I'm betting on this. 

-TJ
Congrats!  The Pro R is legit.

Based on the Speed show tonight I would say you will have plenty of miles on your new Polaris before your Speed UTV shows up.  Lol!

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Pro R motor after you drive it.  

I was a die hard believer in NA and more displacement for engine longevity and also had heard so much about 'turbo lag.' Wife has a turbo street car and I notice a slight lag, but not in the Turbo SXSs. Seems as with the loose ground you're driving on, the wheels spin (and the turbo spools) so quick that there really isn't a significant lag IMO.

I haven't been closely following the SPEED thread so what is current delivery status?.. and isn't there a CARB or some other regulatory body to get past as well?

abc
The reason the turbo generally stays spooled is the CVT. Look at your RPM as you drive around in the RZR as compared to your wife's car. Higher RPM means exhaust volume which spools the turbo.

As for the Speed, nobody knows. We all are asking the same questions. 

Congrats!  The Pro R is legit.

Based on the Speed show tonight I would say you will have plenty of miles on your new Polaris before your Speed UTV shows up.  Lol!

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Pro R motor after you drive it.  
I believe you'll be right about the Speed. 

-TJ

There have already been quite a few races with the Pro R’s present. This tells me they are close to being on the sales floor. One of them was a 12 hour race in Texas. No speed cars showed up. That would have been a fair race to pin the Pro R vs Speed for longevity. 

There have already been quite a few races with the Pro R’s present. This tells me they are close to being on the sales floor. One of them was a 12 hour race in Texas. No speed cars showed up. That would have been a fair race to pin the Pro R vs Speed for longevity. 
Pro R will be hitting the dealer floor next month

Checked one out at MS Motorsports yesterday while picking up a 890R. Pretty bad azz!

Checked one out at MS Motorsports yesterday while picking up a 890R. Pretty bad azz!
A Pro R?  I didn't think they were on showroom floors anywhere yet.  You sure it wasn't an XP Pro (the 64" model, turbo 2ycl)? 

-TJ

I was told POSSIBLY by end of feb from my dealer thay will have a delivery date for them on when to expect them .but as of yet hes got nothing.im not a Polaris guy so ill sit back and see what can am puts out to clap the pro R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back