New Polaris Pro R

I was told POSSIBLY by end of feb from my dealer thay will have a delivery date for them on when to expect them .but as of yet hes got nothing.im not a Polaris guy so ill sit back and see what can am puts out to clap the pro R.
I was told the on my order same: maybe end of Feb but most likely March.  I guess we'll have to see if Canned Ham can put something out to "clap" more than their own frame and front suspension. 

-TJ

I was told the on my order same: maybe end of Feb but most likely March.  I guess we'll have to see if Canned Ham can put something out to "clap" more than their own frame and front suspension. 

-TJ
Ouch

-TJ
I could tell when my buddy bought his Canned Ham a few years back (the 186hp one) that those front arms would taco real quick.. Totally could see it was thin metal/steel.. whatever.. sure enough, first ride in it he hit a witch eye .. taco'd the front arm and even bent the frame (not insured). They do perform well in G due to the low center of gravity and decent HP, but if you buy one, box the arms immediately.

My $.02.

abc

I'm mostly j/k, the X3s are nice machines they just have drawbacks/weak points... but so do p00laris RZRs.  I've said all along the latest crop of SxSs are great machines, and can do a TON for what you're paying but you have to know the limits.  They're not Trophy Trucks, and if treated like a TT they will break.  I just found the "clap" comment funny, and had to "clap back" as the kids say. 😉

I could tell when my buddy bought his Canned Ham a few years back (the 186hp one) that those front arms would taco real quick.. Totally could see it was thin metal/steel.. whatever.. sure enough, first ride in it he hit a witch eye .. taco'd the front arm and even bent the frame (not insured). They do perform well in G due to the low center of gravity and decent HP, but if you buy one, box the arms immediately.

My $.02.

abc
The X3 arms were designed as a fuse, it's a documented fact.  The front end design is very odd ( @Rockwood will argue it's not single-shear... so we can call it floating 1.5 shear?) and a PITA to work on.  They're designed to taco the arms first to protect that front end.  That said, they handle very well as you said and I think they have the better motor *right now* (excluding the Pro R's 4cyl).  

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
A Pro R?  I didn't think they were on showroom floors anywhere yet.  You sure it wasn't an XP Pro (the 64" model, turbo 2ycl)? 

-TJ
Pro R, it was not for sale, it was being carted around to dealers as a demo. 

I'm mostly j/k, the X3s are nice machines they just have drawbacks/weak points... but so do p00laris RZRs.  I've said all along the latest crop of SxSs are great machines, and can do a TON for what you're paying but you have to know the limits.  They're not Trophy Trucks, and if treated like a TT they will break.  I just found the "clap" comment funny, and had to "clap back" as the kids say. 😉

The X3 arms were designed as a fuse, it's a documented fact.  The front end design is very odd ( @Rockwood will argue it's not single-shear... so we can call it floating 1.5 shear?) and a PITA to work on.  They're designed to taco the arms first to protect that front end.  That said, they handle very well as you said and I think they have the better motor *right now* (excluding the Pro R's 4cyl).  

-TJ
I was just joking myself. The clap back was pretty funny! I’ve only owned Polaris for SXS’s. I did however try to buy a CanAm before the latest car I have but they didn’t have any in stock. Stayed with Polaris and couldn’t be happier. Now that I bought the ZJ, I’m tempted to sell the RZR and get back into a sand car for the dunes. Originally money was super tight so having the RZR I could enjoy everything without having to own two different toys. I sure miss the sand cars when duning!

I was just joking myself. The clap back was pretty funny! I’ve only owned Polaris for SXS’s. I did however try to buy a CanAm before the latest car I have but they didn’t have any in stock. Stayed with Polaris and couldn’t be happier. Now that I bought the ZJ, I’m tempted to sell the RZR and get back into a sand car for the dunes. Originally money was super tight so having the RZR I could enjoy everything without having to own two different toys. I sure miss the sand cars when duning!
If I could only have one a sxs is the ticket. I’m fortunate enough to have the keep and the sandrail so I have the best in my opinion of both worlds. But the sxs do rip in the dunes. I doubt you’re that unhappy with it. 

If I could only have one a sxs is the ticket. I’m fortunate enough to have the keep and the sandrail so I have the best in my opinion of both worlds. But the sxs do rip in the dunes. I doubt you’re that unhappy with it. 
True, I still have a ton of fun. 

-TJ
I thought the clap had to be thrown in to fire people up...lol.i was always a Polaris guy and still love the seating position over the can am.can am is horrible for vision and the shocks in stock form sucked till I sent them out.but I have to say I feel  can am throws down some power that I feel Polaris is lacking in.mine is a 18 and now all EVP but im not impressed with even my buddy now pro with the dynamic suspension.i did do the S3 Fram gusset kit and upper shock tower brace.i am on my 2nd drivers side arm tho.

Merry Christmas from Polaris.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/recall-alert-polaris-recalls-8800-off-road-vehicles-due-crash-concerns/Q7NCTSVHS5CXZPOLGFSNVQY6V4/?fbclid=IwAR2aNiWTiLgbm_0qCKNSonfYbwXqTucl6fPbsnx6FOF2pJ6UKvke3cR2nrA

MEDINA, Minn. — Polaris Industries Inc., of Medina, Minnesota, on Thursday recalled about 8,800 RZR and GENERAL recreational off-road vehicles over crash concerns.

According to the recall notice, the steering wheel can separate, resulting in a loss of control. To date, the company has fielded 33 reports of broken or cracked steering wheel spokes, resulting in five rollovers and two injuries...

An additional 940 of the affected off-road vehicles were sold in Canada.

Ugh.. I have one on the list, but I think mine was sold in November so maybe I’ll be good?

leaving for G in 2 days..

abc

FB095909-C085-4D56-8573-F6644A0B856C.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Motoworld dealer told me they “hope” to see a few Polaris Pro R’s by the end of Jan or early Feb, but that they are already spoken for, so they will not see the showroom floor. It might be March before they get inventory that is not already spoken for with a deposit. He said that Polaris has yet to confirm how many Pro R’s the dealers will get or can get at one time. 

They do not expect to see real inventory until summer or after the riding season is over. And the new Turbo R, they have not been given any firm release or availability dates. And again they have taken a couple early deposits on the Turbo R. 

Veys in El Cajon has around 2 dozen Can Am crates in the back lot. So it looks as if they are starting to see some Can Am inventory? No idea of the models or years? Could be leftover 2021’s? Don’t know? 
Inventory for all will be minimal.   When I was looking at the Pro R the Polaris person said March for the Turbo R.  He mentioned a minimal production run of the Pro R for now.  

I have read on other forums some of the Can Am dealers are getting units with some missing dashes or other electronics.  

This supply chain stuff is messing with everyone.  

Inventory for all will be minimal.   When I was looking at the Pro R the Polaris person said March for the Turbo R.  He mentioned a minimal production run of the Pro R for now.  

I have read on other forums some of the Can Am dealers are getting units with some missing dashes or other electronics.  

This supply chain stuff is messing with everyone.  
It’s like that through the whole industry right now. Snowmobiles are a joke. Polaris shipped sled with motors that need to be torn down due to an assembly error. Ski doo shipped without their dashes (bombardier) so the can am rumor will probably be true. Another manufacturer is skipping this year on new models. Crazy… 

Polaris introduced new snowmobiles that won’t be delivered until spring. 😂 

Back