Motorhome Life

Ouch! That doesn't sound good! Is this where we all find out that diesel mechanics make more than a neurosurgeon?

Had to call the mechanic for an update. He says they still haven't been able to pull the head. A work in progress he says. Peace
go grab it and nurse it back to AZ where they installed the motor! / I dont trust these guys!

Or, get a heavy wrecker to haul it back here.  ABQ is only 7 hrs from PHX.
Yea I  think I would tell ABQ to cool the jets, call the guy's in Az and see what they say,  You might be money ahead to have it towed to them and have them do the warranty work or at least be in conversation with the crack heads in the ABQ

200.gif

Yea I  think I would tell ABQ to cool the jets, call the guy's in Az and see what they say,  You might be money ahead to have it towed to them and have them do the warranty work or at least be in conversation with the crack heads in the ABQ

We deal with a guy pretty regularly that hauls our big stuff around on a Landoll.  Kingman and back.  Pretty reasonable.  I've even had him use one of his regular rollbacks to haul pallets of stuff from the shop to my house before. 

PM me if  you'd like his contact info, ChEFF.

We deal with a guy pretty regularly that hauls our big stuff around on a Landoll.  Kingman and back.  Pretty reasonable.  I've even had him use one of his regular rollbacks to haul pallets of stuff from the shop to my house before. 

PM him Cheff!!! / It will be way less $$$ and headache in the long run!!!!

@ChEFF

I get what you're saying, and I watched part of the vid.  But Lippert doesn't make drive-able chassis, AFAIK.  Yes, components on a drive-able might be Lippert (power steps and little stuff like that) but not the actual foundation.  The stuff ChEFF is looking at is probably going to be on a Spartan chassis, if not it'd be Freightliner.  IMHO you can't even compare Spartan and Lippert. 

-TJ

I get what you're saying, and I watched part of the vid.  But Lippert doesn't make drive-able chassis, AFAIK.  Yes, components on a drive-able might be Lippert (power steps and little stuff like that) but not the actual foundation.  The stuff ChEFF is looking at is probably going to be on a Spartan chassis, if not it'd be Freightliner.  IMHO you can't even compare Spartan and Lippert. 

-TJ
It was just for info no new rv units and manufacturing. 

It was just for info no new rv units and manufacturing. 
Fair 'nough.  And I know they're all rushing it and working around material shortages.  Also, brands like Newmar got bought by Winnebago so IDK how much I even expect higher standards from them on *new* stuff...

-TJ

This doesn't help with your current moho, but I thought this was pretty interesting.

A few years back, I went to visit some friends in Hendersonville, TN, just northeast of Nashville. A lot of country music people live there. Anywho, as we were driving around, there was a large lot of used Prevost mohos that were a few yrs old and had been used on tour for various country stars, or used by private individuals. It seemed to me they were priced very low, since they were used and so many of them in one place. Maybe the sellers were buying newer mohos or something, but they were definitely much less expensive than I thought they were here locally.

Same thing happened with used MB ML model SUVs in Tuscaloosa, AL. MB has a factory there and sells brand new ones to employees for dirt cheap. So every yr, the employees buy new ones and sell the old ones for a slight profit, but still far below KBB or NADA. This has been going on for a while, so the entire area around the county is flooded with these things and they're priced to sell.

Or, get a heavy wrecker to haul it back here.  ABQ is only 7 hrs from PHX.
Thats a good idea, Unfortunately I have to use them from time to time, it always amazes me they can provide the service they do for the amount they charge. They lift our noses, so drop the driveshaft and connect the air lines and they are rolling in 15-20 min..

Any update? Did they get the cylinder head pulled yet? Or are they putting you on a back burner while they give priority service to their large commercial customers?

I guess we won’t see you this year at the Veterans Ceremony?

• Sad
Reactions: MWB
Da chEFF has officially ruled out the Veterans Trip this year. Extremely SAD news coming from this camp. I can't recall missing a Veterans Trip / Dune Season.

Motorhome Update: Had to find "THE MAN" in charge last Friday. Had a pleasant conversation. He had no idea what was going on. The NEW program they have implemented is the location in Denver handles all their scheduling in ALB NM. After the long conversation, I received a call Monday from a lady in Denver. The tech and I no longer speak. I'm sure he didn't like knowing I went over his head to get some updated result. Anyway....Cylinder "FOUR" is scarred. I had a long conversation with the lady and suggested she contact the CAT rep and get them to back their product. I sent over the Crated Motor Invoice I bought from Caterpillar. (MAR 2018) Sent every "SERVICE RECORD" completed on that motor since it was installed. I'm ANAL about keeping up with maintenance. Although the Invoice clearly reads: "ONE YEAR UNLIMITED MILES". I have driven 6,000miles a year since March 2018. Serviced Once a Year. I'm anxious to hear how CAT is going to respond. I have not allowed them to move forward with the repair without a quote from them first. She said it will take a week to get the quote. My Story.....CAT has to back their product. Previous motor lasted 17 years and 163,000 miles.(Many Trips to Glamis) It's not like I was expecting the same results with the new one! (I WAS). Hope to report back to y'all soon. BTW....Quoted $4800.00 to have it towed to Phoenix. Damn the luck! Peace

I wish Romans was still running his diesel engine repair shop. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back