Lets talk SXS's 2024

A Talon won their class at the Baja 1000 and finished 73rd overall. I think it took them over 36 hrs to finish.

The fasted UTV which was a Pro R, finished in about 27.5 hours and was 20th overall.

You're off by about ten hours or so?

Screenshot_20241017_114230_Chrome.jpg

So that would put the N/A Talon roughly 2 hours behind the Fastest turbo car?

That is some excellent advice for my type of riding. The basic 64" X3 has always been reasonably priced through the years. And it's still a turbo, great for the dunes. Sometimes I confuse myself with the offbeat models and offerings, but there have been several times when I think to myself something like "DUH!....there is a REASON why everyone bought X3's when they first came out, and continued to buy them!".

Regarding my OG Maverick which I sold in April, it served my personality well, because I had no problem hanging out in the small dunes or staying on the outer perimeter or driving through valleys. At Superstition Mountain west of Brawley, I drove it more aggressively. And in the desert it served my need for speed, because I actually am a very crazy driver outside of the dunes. At 4 Peaks and Queen Valley usually no one ever passed me going up, and I guarantee that no one ever passed me going down. I passed many, many vehicles, including X3 4-seaters. I'm thankful (and probably very lucky) that I never crashed that thing, not even a broken front end arm or spindle, only 2 belts broken at Glamis.
Stock YXZ is a blast in the desert hard pack. Shifting and deciding your RPM, as opposed to an automatic mash the pedal CVT car. As for suspension, the YXZ benefits greatly from dual rate springs and shock tune. Weller is in AZ and offers a lot of great options and support for YXZs. I'm biased as the only SxS I've ever owned is a YXZ and mine has a lot of mods (LT/shocks/gearing) but it's still an N/A car and I more than keep up with all the turbo Can-Am & RZR and sandrails in my group. The biggest struggle for my YXZ is straight up China Wall and racing up Olds. (I'm not beating anyone up either) a turbo would change that.

@Phoenix7 I have a 2018 Wildcat XX, it's been great for the most part. I've BEAT it to death almost 3 times..... but the newer models are exactly the same car from 2018 nothing ground breaking has changed. 3 Axle designs, trans gearing and a different clutch the rest of the rig is the same design and platform since 2018.

I like to call it a Pre-Production Prototype Speed UTV o_O I still get asked to this day what kinda of UTV model it is. Rarely seen in the the wild for a wildcat!

Thanks for your hands-on info about the Wildcat XX. It sounds like you really have had a lot of fun with it, and I know it is a solid choice for buying a SxS in 2024.

Stock YXZ is a blast in the desert hard pack. Shifting and deciding your RPM, as opposed to an automatic mash the pedal CVT car. As for suspension, the YXZ benefits greatly from dual rate springs and shock tune. Weller is in AZ and offers a lot of great options and support for YXZs. I'm biased as the only SxS I've ever owned is a YXZ and mine has a lot of mods (LT/shocks/gearing) but it's still an N/A car and I more than keep up with all the turbo Can-Am & RZR and sandrails in my group. The biggest struggle for my YXZ is straight up China Wall and racing up Olds. (I'm not beating anyone up either) a turbo would change that.

Thanks for sharing your feedback as a YXZ owner. And the info about Weller Racing support is excellent!

Back