How many Members actually still go to Glamis?

Started going in 2003 on my 1999 CR125  Havemt missed a season since.  Started on this site at a similar time.  I look forward to the trips every year!

Been going to Gordon’s and glamis since I was 10. Stopped going to the sand and went to hard pack for a few years in my early 20’s, but I haven’t missed a year of sand in the last 12 years.  
I may take off time from this site, but I won’t take time off from glamis. 

Been going to the dunes here in Oregon since 97 haven’t missed a season here since. Have not made it to Glamis yet but we are trying to put together a trip in the spring probably end of February or beginning of March have been to the beach store and vendors. In the early 2000’s started seeing long travel cars here in Oregon from the south and said one day we are going to own one that is how I came to join GD.com always been more of a lurker until I just couldn’t do Fakebook anymore still love this site and all the good info and the humor in some threads keep me coming back almost daily hope to see some of you in the dunes 

14 yrs and 100's and 100's of thousand's of dollars :makerain:
For sure.. if I had to guess at least $250k spent/gone.. and that is just an estimate.. might be more like $400k. That’s besides the $100k I currently have in vehicles, trailers n toys…

worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started hitting Glamis in 2001. Cr500 and an atc 350x.

Being in Colorado we only go about 1x a year.  Missed a few years here and there due to health issues and traveling to other dunes and ride areas. 

I still go once or twice a year, haven't missed but definitely don't spend near the time out there that we used to...

90 or 91 A buddy took me to Buttercup for Thanksgiving, We went again around Presidents day with another guy from work. Then got hooked up with a group from his bowling league for Easter that season. We went 4-6 times a year for almost 10 years then suddenly they all had kid activities that made putting together a trip almost impossible up to that point I don't think I missed a trip. Enter Glamis Dunes. com just before the first every Golf Tourney and I can say that I missed lots of trips only because every weekend was a trip to 13.5 for somebody. From there to the compound and beyond now to back in 13.5 I have only missed a handful of trips typically one a year for whatever reason. 

The year I got my Banshee my old group didn't have a trip planned for Easter, so I just thru the bike in the back of the truck and drove to Buttercup.  Camped next to a big camp and rode with them all weekend. found out they all grew up in my old hood in La Mesa. Even remembered one of them getting his ass kicked after school in this big fight at Aztec  park.

I have been thru (2) 85 ATC's, (1) 96 Banshee, (2) 05 TRX450's, (1) YFZ450R, (1) YXZ and now a X3 in that time, I don't even want to know the money spent though, although It was well spent

We went a lot when the kids were younger. We probably made 8 trips a year with a old toyhauler full of quads. The kids are all grown and doing their own thing but my son just got a new Turbo S. We are headed out for vets weekend but I think this could be the thing that gets us hooked back into the sand. Last year was the first year in probably 10 we didn't make a trip at all. 

So yesterday I got really close to Glamis, well as far as where the SR 86 starts off the 10 fwy.

Driving thru White Water...seeing the desert...yeah, I still got the bug. It felt so good driving towards G.

Time to just get myself out there, with whomever joins me or doesn't :dunno:  ...just driving there alone was good for me, i needed that solace from everything and everyone.

Been going every season, 10-12 trips each, since 1999.

Won't stop till I physically can't do it.

I go to Dumont 3-4 times a year, been that way since I joined GD.com.
Glamis once every 8-10yrs

Dumont has been our go to for 15yrs, it's closer and we just like it better.
Glamis has always been the worst travel trips ever, so we only do it when new people or the entire group wants to revisit.

We used to go to Oceano every other weekend until it just got over crowded with rude campers/riders. Lost all appeal I don't ever plan to go back. Last visit was 2016

Have been going to Glamis nearly my entire life (42yo).  Took a few years off when my kids little and started back up a few years ago.  Try to go a few times year and have made it to Oregon & Idaho dunes the last two summers with  @wapawekka.  My kids enjoy it and hope to keep the tradition going.

Been going steady to the sand since 1995, but The group started to get smaller around 2006. Hell we went solo and Used to only do Glamis trips, but Found it hard to make it to the sand with little ones. They are riding  50's and little two wheelers at this point. We Still go to Glamis at least twice a season, but make about 7 trips to Ocatillo wells for the kids to ride with friends and our neighbors that don't normally  do the sand .

Still going.  This season is a little effed.  I sold my TH with plans of upgrading to a moho and box.  I have the box but I'm not going to pay COVID prices on an RV only to end up WAY upside down within a year.  I'll make more solo trips this year and air mattress it.

I am at a crossroads with Glamis though.  I love boating and being here in Havasu, boating season is year round.  I've also thought of selling my buggy and getting a canned ham.  Again, not going to pay stupid prices for one right now.  Still, I could use that a lot more places and around town and all the trails her win Havasu, along with Glamis.

I've also started exploring other hobbies and such.  Who know where all this will take me.  I will say being out of CA and much happier in life, I don't "need" Glamis like I used to for an outlet.  Still, I love the rush.
Quit Crying, life is short, you'll never afford it later.... LOL

Back