How many Members actually still go to Glamis?

Since 1987 I have only missed 1 season when I was hit by a car at work.

We moved to Texas this year. It has really put me behind the 8 ball for this season with the cars. Also need to rebuild or get with a group that actually wants to go. Regardless we are going to make the most of it.

I’ve have missed a season or 2 over the last 25 years but will never stop going as long as my health allows it. However I have never missed more than a few days of checking in on this site since I became a member. There is too much good tech info and other fun stuff to read here to stay away and even though I’ve only meet a few members from this site I still feel like everyone is a friend. 

I've been pretty consistent since 1983. Missed a few seasons in the mid 90's when my family gave it up. Took me a few years to build a new group and been duning with them ever since.

Been a sand head since 2000. Got dragged out against my will. Went down the first 300’ drop on an LT230 and I was hooked. Been consistently hitting 5-6 times a year since.5AE31143-EA35-4D33-B3FE-4B3610993358.jpeg

I have a only been to Glamis, w.a rail once.  

Patton once

Gordons 3x

Buttercup a bazillion times.

I sold my rail when I moved here...22 yrs ago.  3 utility atvs now.

Been going to the dunes for 45 years now. Haven’t missed a season and don’t plan to. I used to go a lot more often but now we are down to 2 trips at the dunes and 3-4 trips to the hard pack every season.

Starting back in 2003 when I retired for the first time we did Glamis six to eight times a year, and a few trips to Dumont, mixed with either Little Sahara or St. Anthony on alternating years. Was paralyzed in January of 2014 and once I got back on my feet switched from DS650’s to a RZR for a little more spinal protection. Trips dwindled as my son got older and went to college, and my riding bud got hitched. This will be my fourth year in a row of only going for Veterans Day.

Fixing to be fired by Uncle Sam for refusing the juice so I’ll be moving up to Visalia to be with my wife and our granddaughter. The wife moved up last October so maybe this was all just meant to be. Six hours further away from the fours hours I am now but I still intend to get down for Vets as long as my health allows. Sold two toy haulers earlier this year because of the market so I’ll be old school in the bed of the truck from now on.

See y’all at the flag pole.🍻

First trip was in '84. Haven't missed a season since. No holidays anymore, getting tired of the crowds and idiots. "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

I took 10 years off … no money and my Dad sold everything… been going 2-8 times since back… was out from 94-04.. first wife 3 kids (now 4), been back ever since.. so 30 years over a 40 year period…

I’ll likely die in Glamis….

abc

FFC71E47-047D-452B-885E-8FA89D43706A.png

1FBC1DD6-8866-489D-91DB-FDF46C9E2445.jpeg

A3237BB0-32D2-4787-B7BD-827C0458BFA6.jpeg

D175603A-4F1C-40FA-B7CB-8ECA95BFA5B8.jpeg

94D57882-2E74-4EA4-A9A9-EE9A9DC9CE11.jpeg

1CE67CEF-F418-4536-A076-6A6497AB615F.jpeg

E09A0C27-8F3B-4068-B677-D582B487C8B4.jpeg

89B89F39-C71E-461C-B653-8A4CA4EF63D5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been going since 1999 and had a break for school. Yes we are currently at dumont but that’s the start of the season because we typically drop  $1000 on fireworks in Parump for the season at Mother G. Love everything about it. 

the family time 

the dooning 

the comradery

the straight up smiles from ear to ear when I stab that throttle. 

you all know why we do this. 

will stop when I die or run out of money whichever comes first. 

Growing up we went to Pismo.  Stopping going to Pismo in 1982.  Got dragged out to Glamis in 1999 by my brother in law.  Have not missed a season since then.  

I have been going since my first trip in 1974. Havent missed a season Yet. The Group I grew up in is pretty much gone they have died or just gotten too old. I was at a BIG crossroads a few months ago and seriously was gonna give up the toys and Trailer etc after my wife left but Decided I wasnt quite ready for that Yet. I only go to Glamis 2-3 times a Year now I mostly do desert stuff up by my house as its cheaper and easier.

Beat HeadInjury by a couple years...at Christmas it will be 13 years since I've been out.

Here I am, still on the board though...lol

I actually wasn't for years - probably ten?

Got back on when all the crap happened with losing the old board.

Beat HeadInjury by a couple years...at Christmas it will be 13 years since I've been out.

Here I am, still on the board though...lol

I actually wasn't for years - probably ten?

Got back on when all the crap happened with losing the old board.
Welcome back

Back