Honda Talons - Let’s see them

My Buddy has the Talon 4 seater live valve and was wondering who does suspension work on these? Would just changing springs be enough or total revalve and etc..
I have a 2 seat R Live Valve and found a big difference in just doing the springs. 
I also talked to a good source at Fox and decided not to do any re-valveing because of Live Valve programming. 
I’ve had a few people ask me about the details so maybe I will do a technical post soon. 

I have a 2 seat R Live Valve and found a big difference in just doing the springs. 
I also talked to a good source at Fox and decided not to do any re-valveing because of Live Valve programming. 
I’ve had a few people ask me about the details so maybe I will do a technical post soon. 
This is for Brians car you know him so if you can give me where you got the springs I will let him know

This is for Brians car you know him so if you can give me where you got the springs I will let him know
I bought the Eibach springs at Kar Tec. 

Not a Talon, just his big cousin from the farm :ez:

So my Buddy called Eibach they said they wont make springs for the Talon 4 seat X Live valve??

So my Buddy called Eibach they said they wont make springs for the Talon 4 seat X Live valve??
Do you mean that they don’t make an off the shelf spring kit for the 4 seat Talon?

I’m sure they make springs for the 4 seat Talon but probably haven’t done the testing to come up with a spring kit yet. 

Eibach likely hasn't developed a "kit" yet. And my guess for the reason is, is that the valving and LV itself IMO, are what needs the most help on the car, (not that the OEM springs can't be dramatically improved on). So without addressing that aspect as well, the spring kit will help, but even when you get the best spring package on there, the low speed ride quality is still pretty abrasive. Which from a marketing standpoint when you are only selling springs like they are, will not have good feedback..  We have a replacement spring kit for them, and we use use Eibach springs, but tell customers, they really should consider valving as well.  IMHO, The Talon "live valve" cars, weren't the best package as delivered, especially limited to 2 settings.  I have the non live valve 4 seater, and after tuning, the ride in mine is far superior to the LV offering ; even after full tune.. We have also abandoned the LV on a couple cars, and installed H/L speed comp adjusters instead..  

Eibach likely hasn't developed a "kit" yet. And my guess for the reason is, is that the valving and LV itself IMO, are what needs the most help on the car, (not that the OEM springs can't be dramatically improved on). So without addressing that aspect as well, the spring kit will help, but even when you get the best spring package on there, the low speed ride quality is still pretty abrasive. Which from a marketing standpoint when you are only selling springs like they are, will not have good feedback..  We have a replacement spring kit for them, and we use use Eibach springs, but tell customers, they really should consider valving as well.  IMHO, The Talon "live valve" cars, weren't the best package as delivered, especially limited to 2 settings.  I have the non live valve 4 seater, and after tuning, the ride in mine is far superior to the LV offering ; even after full tune.. We have also abandoned the LV on a couple cars, and installed H/L speed comp adjusters instead..  
I would also like to have more than 2 settings for the Fox live valve on my Talon. 
Better yet, I would like to get my hands on the software that controls the ECU for the Fox Live Valve shocks. 

With sand tires on my Talon 1000R the front measures 75.5” wide and the rear at 73.75” wide.  All of my sand rails have been wider in the rear versus the front. 
So I bought and installed some wheel spacers from SuperATV last week. This brings the rear width to 77.75” now. 
All the reviews say that the spacers improve stability and that makes sense to me. 
Anyone try the spacers?

F879D29A-2531-4988-B051-9537A64AFB93.jpeg

With sand tires on my Talon 1000R the front measures 75.5” wide and the rear at 73.75” wide.  All of my sand rails have been wider in the rear versus the front. 
So I bought and installed some wheel spacers from SuperATV last week. This brings the rear width to 77.75” now. 
All the reviews say that the spacers improve stability and that makes sense to me. 
Anyone try the spacers?

View attachment 45468
Brian is gonna run spacers on his with sand tires

My buddy lost the Hood on his Talon does anyone Know where to find one?? He said dealer said back ordered

My buddy lost the Hood on his Talon does anyone Know where to find one?? He said dealer said back ordered
How did he lose the hood?

I bet towing it on an open trailer. 

Well today we put the paddles on Brians Talon and they look Great!! Also he got a used Red hood off Ebay I found and actually the Red Hood Looks Great on there.

Well today we put the paddles on Brians Talon and they look Great!! Also he got a used Red hood off Ebay I found and actually the Red Hood Looks Great on there.
Seriously no pictures ?

Reactions: FOG
Pictures like Robert said and details on the paddles. 

Back