Honda Talons - Let’s see them

I don’t have any real mileage figures that I have measured. But I did a run from Gecko campground down to Duner’s Diner , the Wall, over to the Plank Road display and back. We did a little dunning and some short side trips. 
I would estimate about 60 miles in all and I was almost out when we got back. My fuel gauge started flashing just south of Road Runner. Which means about 1 gallon left in the tank. 
Of course you already know that you’ll go through more gas in the sand versus hard pack, but I would plan on needing more gas. 
Let us know what the results are and have fun. 
I installed the TrailTech one. Fairly easy install. And increases capacity by  2-3 gallons .. 

Heading out today on a side-by-side tour with FATCO. AKA family adventure tour company. Going with the Knuckles Up Group, on Frank’s NAU tour.. we’ve done this one before, an if anyone is looking for a straight up legit great time, hit up Frank at FATCO. His SxS tours are top-notch.

I installed the TrailTech one. Fairly easy install. And increases capacity by  2-3 gallons .. 
I keep going back and forth between the Trail Tech at $400   and a Roto Pax 2.3 gal. for around $80. 

Got back from the tour, and the car worked great. No problem on gas.. Most cars were on the last bar at the end of the day at 110-130 miles. A few of the 4 seat turbo cars needed gas to make it.. I was always at around 1/2 tank left every day using anywhere from 7-7.4 to refill. We did right over 500 miles over 4 days. On the gauge, I don't see it being any more or less dusty than the rest on the dash.. Dust was a factor the last day and a half. I ended up pulling my 1/2 windshield off,  coming back into Mesquite in the afternoon , in the dust, into the sun. . Couldn't see the trail any longer climbing uphill. with the glare. 

Got back from the tour, and the car worked great. No problem on gas.. Most cars were on the last bar at the end of the day at 110-130 miles. A few of the 4 seat turbo cars needed gas to make it.. I was always at around 1/2 tank left every day using anywhere from 7-7.4 to refill. We did right over 500 miles over 4 days. On the gauge, I don't see it being any more or less dusty than the rest on the dash.. Dust was a factor the last day and a half. I ended up pulling my 1/2 windshield off,  coming back into Mesquite in the afternoon , in the dust, into the sun. . Couldn't see the trail any longer climbing uphill. with the glare. 
Sounds like you had a great time. I’ve got to put a tour on my list, maybe this summer. 
Thanks for the feedback on your gas and dust situation. 

After putting some tape on my roll cage, see previous post, I started thinking about modifying the stock roll cage. 
So I acquired a couple of cages to experiment with. 
Hoping to get a lower profile in the rear to get rid of that stink bug look and beef it up. 

View attachment 27052
A follow up on modifying the original roll cage is that I couldn’t make it work. I tried and cut up one of the cages but there were going to be way to many re-welds for my liking. 
Even though one roll cage was destroyed in the process, I still have a spare roll cage just in case. 

I like your cage very much, I'm thinking of making it like this
If you decide to make the cage, post some pictures here. 
I would be interested. 

I would like to have a little bit more cushion in my Talon seat.  So I started researching suspension seats when my son suggested to just add more foam to the current seat bottom. 
I felt that I only needed a slight amount of additional cushion and this would be a much less costly route.  So I took the seat bottom to an upholstery guy.  
I only had the driver side done and the picture shows the difference between it and the passenger side. 
Anyone try this on a Talon or other SxS? 

1EF05D37-5ACB-42A1-8436-9531DB7CE957.jpeg

My Buddy has the Talon 4 seater live valve and was wondering who does suspension work on these? Would just changing springs be enough or total revalve and etc..

My Buddy has the Talon 4 seater live valve and was wondering who does suspension work on these? Would just changing springs be enough or total revalve and etc..
My buddy had his two seat R done at ST, and just had it re-done at Weller. He is much happier with the setup that Weller did.

Back