Honda Talons - Let’s see them

There is a video out with the 2 units installed, sitting side by side.. 

1 -intercooler is up off the motor, so it isn't a huge heat sink

2-thicker header material, and beefier turbo mount/support

3 better air filtering set-up..

4-lower cost

Looks like it does slightly better in eta times as well. (Not that I care about drag racing)

I haven't bought one yet.. Jason said they aren't ready for release yet. I called and begged..

Really the only downside I see is that it will void your warranty unlike the Jackson kit...Meh,  I have done so much to mine now, They could use a million things to void warranty, so I have already pretty much conceded that anyway..
I don’t agree or disagree with the comments in the comparison video and yours (which were the same) at this time. Once the Kraftwerks turbo kit is out and there are a good number installed on Talons, I’m sure we’ll get some good comparisons with the Jackson turbo and see what the differences are. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Kraftwerks turbo turned out to be better in some ways than the Jackson turbo. The company that brings a second product to market based upon a previous product usually does make some improvements.  The competition will be a win win for us Talon owners. 
I have about 800 miles all in the Glamis dunes on my Jackson turbo and have not had one issue. 
I hope you buy the Kraftwerks turbo so you can enjoy your Talon more and give us a good evaluation. 

We started testing on a 2 seat Talon X yesterday... Fut little trail car, but wow is the suspension jacked from the factory!!..I have rode John Deere's with better suspension. We have been slammed in the shop, so we only got about a half day of testing in, and made some big improvements to it so far. We ran out of daylight, and will need to fine tune it a bit more and finish up another day. I took my 4 seat Talon X out there as well, to try out a set of custom 2.5's I built for the fronts. I have the OEM 2.0 tuned to where they provide a pretty good ride, that its hard to believe they are onlt 2.0's;  but the new custom  2.5 ones are next level.. 
My 1000R came with the rear crossover rings set right down on the slider. So it was just using the main 250 lb spring all the time. Very stiff!

I read some other forums and some believe that they do that so they can pass the roll over test. 
Anyway I’ve done a few things to mine so that now I’m actually using the dual rate springs. It’s been an improvement but I think it could even be better. 
I’m also researching the Shock Therapy spring kit. 
It will interesting to hear about your results on both the 2 and 4 Talon X. 

We have the full package avail  for the R. It is night and day smoother over stock. We have been so busy, I haven’t had time to finish it up. I have the fronts done.. , the backs are already really good,  but I feel they cold be tweeked a bit yet.. The 2X is on the trailer and we’ll be going out with it tomorrow ..We will be working on the Commander soon as well. Bill from Nash powersports is bringing us one.

We have the full package avail  for the R. It is night and day smoother over stock. We have been so busy, I haven’t had time to finish it up. I have the fronts done.. , the backs are already really good,  but I feel they cold be tweeked a bit yet.. The 2X is on the trailer and we’ll be going out with it tomorrow ..We will be working on the Commander soon as well. Bill from Nash powersports is bringing us one.
Where do you do your testing?

One of the things that I don’t like about the Honda Talon is the location of the instrument cluster. 
I searched the inter webs and found a few relocation kits. The kits contain some plastics that allow you to relocate the instrument cluster from the center console to the steering column. 
Anyone install one of these kits?
I ordered this one. 

1BBAE3D7-C183-4D00-B313-0393C9B31340.jpeg

DB2BF663-A9E5-4D44-9AF4-0EFBDA45A23A.jpeg

30D38823-FBA9-46C8-BE3A-B7A057D5916F.jpeg

Brick City Fab makes a nice one. I think Schmidty had a guy local make it out of his garage in trade for some suspension work. 

• Thanks
Reactions: FOG
Brick City Fab makes a nice one. I think Schmidty had a guy local make it out of his garage in trade for some suspension work. 
Thanks, but I didn’t see anything on their website for the Talon.  But there was something for the Pioneer. 

Thanks, but I didn’t see anything on their website for the Talon.  But there was something for the Pioneer. 
They were one of the first companies making them in 2019. I would email or call to see what's up. I had a Fabwerx cage on mine. Thad does nice work too. 

Brick City used to make them. However they are going to Polaris cages only. Sorry I have been offline for a while so I apologise for not responding earlier. Had a rough stretch of a holiday season . My nephew was murdered the first night home from college over Christmas break. Been on traveling for that and getting caught up in the shop after being gone a bunch in the aftermath. He used to work in my shop before we relocated. Hit pretty close to home. Every day is a gift.. Use them wisely.  I got the first 4 seater X in Cali, from down in Long Beach.. At that time I was trying to get in with Brick City, but he was too backlogged. My cage/rack started with Raceco. At that time RaceCo hadn't done the 4 seater yet, so mine was his first 4 seater.  I designed the rearend and had him add a sheetmetal floor &  how it tied into the bed. Then when I got my car wired at Brick Ciity,they added a couple more tubes and flag mounts in the back that i had requested when I designed it. which Raceco was supposed to do, but didn't. I fabbed the side light mounts and rear spare tire carrier mount.

I was trying to get it done locally back then, but it never happened.

Brick City used to make them. However they are going to Polaris cages only. Sorry I have been offline for a while so I apologise for not responding earlier. Had a rough stretch of a holiday season . My nephew was murdered the first night home from college over Christmas break. Been on traveling for that and getting caught up in the shop after being gone a bunch in the aftermath. He used to work in my shop before we relocated. Hit pretty close to home. Every day is a gift.. Use them wisely.  I got the first 4 seater X in Cali, from down in Long Beach.. At that time I was trying to get in with Brick City, but he was too backlogged. My cage/rack started with Raceco. At that time RaceCo hadn't done the 4 seater yet, so mine was his first 4 seater.  I designed the rearend and had him add a sheetmetal floor &  how it tied into the bed. Then when I got my car wired at Brick Ciity,they added a couple more tubes and flag mounts in the back that i had requested when I designed it. which Raceco was supposed to do, but didn't. I fabbed the side light mounts and rear spare tire carrier mount.
So sorry to hear about your nephew. That must have been devastating for everyone. 

They were one of the first companies making them in 2019. I would email or call to see what's up. I had a Fabwerx cage on mine. Thad does nice work too. 

I was trying to get it done locally back then, but it never happened.
Do you guys know how much the height was reduced in your aftermarket cages?  

I think mine lowered the height in the rear by about 4 inches. The front remained similar to stock.

• Thanks
I think mine lowered the height in the rear by about 4 inches. The front remained similar to stock.
Thanks. I saw another post on another forum that also said 4” down in the back. 

Thanks again for your response. How was your head room with the lower cage?
I did a mock up with some tape and my helmet was just brushing the tape at 4” down. 

A09A7ACC-0689-4189-B3D7-99E92197C93F.jpeg

My cage had a radius roof line. I had a few inches between my helmet and roof. Your tape line looks too low to me. 

20200410_144142.jpg

Back