Honda Talons - Let’s see them

Anyone replace the stock fuel tank with a higher capacity one?

I ran out of gas while running the dunes pretty good with some friends. Fortunately they were good enough friends and brought me some gas. I was full but the stock tank only holds about 7.25 gallons.  Now with the turbo I’m thinking I need to have more fuel or make shorter trips. 
I did a little research and there’s a couple of companies that make a 10 gallon tank to replace the stock one for $400. Or do I just carry an extra couple of gallons with a good off road can for much less money?

What do you think?

I ran out of gas while running the dunes pretty good with some friends. Fortunately they were good enough friends and brought me some gas. I was full but the stock tank only holds about 7.25 gallons.  Now with the turbo I’m thinking I need to have more fuel or make shorter trips. 
I did a little research and there’s a couple of companies that make a 10 gallon tank to replace the stock one for $400. Or do I just carry an extra couple of gallons with a good off road can for much less money?

What do you think?
Bigger Tank > Carrying Can(s)

• Thanks
Reactions: FOG

What do you think?
Ran out of Gas!

Where did you go? Washes to Mexico and then to Blythe and back?

• Haha
Ran out of Gas!

Where did you go? Washes to Mexico and then to Blythe and back?
Nope, just a dune ride with a group of friends. 
But I had to keep it WOT so I wouldn’t get passed by some sand cars! 😎

I did the Trailtank in mine. Was a nice setup. You definitely need more fuel after the turbo swap.

• Thanks
Wow!!!!

Conversation at the next fire. 

That was a fun ride.  We will be back the 24th.  Will you be out there?

Can't wait to hear about this ride next time I see ya FOG

Just got my trail tank.. haven’t put it in yet..waiting for The Werks turbo kit to come out.
I highly recommend the folks at PPEI for their tunes and turbo kit. See some of my prior comments in this thread for more info.

• Thanks
I highly recommend the folks at PPEI for their tunes and turbo kit. See some of my prior comments in this thread for more info.
Nothing on PPEI website, (and as you'll see in my previous posts in reference to your prior posts) I talked to the shop that was racing the PPEI kit, and from what he told me, it was a Jackson racing turbo, with PPEI tunes. And was told they were not working on their own turbo.. Maybe the guy I talked to was uninformed, but I belive he told FOG the same thing. From what I have seen, the Craftwerks looks to be a superior kit, in many ways, and costs less to boot.   

Nothing on PPEI website, (and as you'll see in my previous posts in reference to your prior posts) I talked to the shop that was racing the PPEI kit, and from what he told me, it was a Jackson racing turbo, with PPEI tunes. And was told they were not working on their own turbo.. Maybe the guy I talked to was uninformed, but I belive he told FOG the same thing. From what I have seen, the Craftwerks looks to be a superior kit, in many ways, and costs less to boot.   
I do recall the posts we made regarding the PPEI turbo.

Curious to understand the reasons why you feel the Kraftwerks turbo to be a superior kit?

Did you buy the Kraftwerk's turbo kit?

I do recall the posts we made regarding the PPEI turbo.

Curious to understand the reasons why you feel the Kraftwerks turbo to be a superior kit?

Did you buy the Kraftwerk's turbo kit?
There is a video out with the 2 units installed, sitting side by side.. 

1 -intercooler is up off the motor, so it isn't a huge heat sink

2-thicker header material, and beefier turbo mount/support

3 better air filtering set-up..

4-lower cost

Looks like it does slightly better in eta times as well. (Not that I care about drag racing)

I haven't bought one yet.. Jason said they aren't ready for release yet. I called and begged..

Really the only downside I see is that it will void your warranty unlike the Jackson kit...Meh,  I have done so much to mine now, They could use a million things to void warranty, so I have already pretty much conceded that anyway..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
We started testing on a 2 seat Talon X yesterday... Fut little trail car, but wow is the suspension jacked from the factory!!..I have rode John Deere's with better suspension. We have been slammed in the shop, so we only got about a half day of testing in, and made some big improvements to it so far. We ran out of daylight, and will need to fine tune it a bit more and finish up another day. I took my 4 seat Talon X out there as well, to try out a set of custom 2.5's I built for the fronts. I have the OEM 2.0 tuned to where they provide a pretty good ride, that its hard to believe they are onlt 2.0's;  but the new custom  2.5 ones are next level.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a video out with the 2 units installed, sitting side by side.. 

1 -intercooler is up off the motor, so it isn't a huge heat sink

2-thicker header material, and beefier turbo mount/support

3 better air filtering set-up..

4-lower cost

Looks like it does slightly better in eta times as well. (Not that I care about drag racing)

I haven't bought one yet.. Jason said they aren't ready for release yet. I called and begged..

Really the only downside I see is that it will void your warranty unlike the Jackson kit...Meh,  I have done so much to mine now, They could use a million things to void warranty, so I have already pretty much conceded that anyway..
I wouldn't hang my hat on the warranty thing with the Jackson kit. I don't think it's formally spelled out in writing? I think Honda was playing both ends to the middle on that deal.

Here’s a few pics on my 4 seater.. our graphic designer is working on it & it will be getting wrapped soon.. 

0D73A0F7-4E25-41CB-B262-D073B467DF84.jpeg

6A5B702F-5D3C-4F76-B4D3-18BB9F1FB9BE.jpeg

I would email Erik at PPEI directly and get his take on what's best for you. erik@ppei.com

I highly encourage you to upgrade your pistons before you start adding any boost. 

I would email Erik at PPEI directly and get his take on what's best for you. erik@ppei.com

I highly encourage you to upgrade your pistons before you start adding any boost. 
He said they tune the Jackson kit, but they dont have their own turbo kit..We are emailing back and forth. but I wwill be getting a Turbo at some point.  

Back