chEFFs Dream Home Build

The foundation is SOLID. This is the area they tunneled under. 69 Piers and beams connecting the piers. It's SOLID!   Voids,...... don't think so. Or lets just say HOPE Not! Peace 

Pipe Issue Foundation Repair.jpg

How did they replace the soil? How did they compact the soil? Do you have a PT (post tension) slab? 
Yes...post tension slab. 69 piers / w beams connecting the peirs. It's solid. Peace

Sheet Rock finishes today. Tape Bed Texture starts Monday! He's saying 2 weeks for that to complete. 12' ceilings are Gnarly! Where I think 12' ceilings shouldn't exist is in the linen closets. How is the wife going to reach the towels up there? Peace

Sheet Rock finishes today. Tape Bed Texture starts Monday! He's saying 2 weeks for that to complete. 12' ceilings are Gnarly! Where I think 12' ceilings shouldn't exist is in the linen closets. How is the wife going to reach the towels up there? Peace
12’ ceilings are the bomb. Keeps house cooler. Feels more natural in big rooms

image.jpg

Your fireplace look is what the wife picked out. Looks great. And yes, I agree. 12' ceilings are the bomb! Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I love that look. And the fireplace is pretty cool too. HA! Peace

This house should start getting good. Tape and Bed is finished. These guys were very impressive. They had a jam box that CRANKED the music. They stuck it in the fireplace and Rocked the house. Only one guy understood English. cool little kid. They throw a lot of mud. Cleaned up their mess pretty good too. We're waiting on the front door to arrive so the carpenters can finish their work. Ordered that front door a long time a go too. Apparently they're having trouble getting the Glass. Peace

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

IMG_3356.JPG

Back porch is starting to come along. Like that tongue and groove look. What color do I paint it? Peace

IMG_3348.JPG

Floors. Pretty cool how they use Vinyl with Black Tar Roof Sealant for a moisture barrier. Install  3/8" Plywood then 1 3/8" Solid Oak. At the end of the build will be the plainer to custom finish the Oak. Going to look awesome! Peace

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

Interior Doors / Base / Crown Moulding / Closet shelves / Door trim arrived yesterday. The only thing missing...............the labor force to install. I keep getting the question, when is completion date? Heck if I know! Peace

Where I think 12' ceilings shouldn't exist is in the linen closets. How is the wife going to reach the towels up there? Peace
HHHMMMM.........It could be FUN TO WATCH her trying to reach them.....just saying!!! 🙂

Interior Doors / Windowsills / Closets / Floors happening all weekend long. Impressive people pounding. Just what the Doctor ordered! Peace

This house should start getting good. Tape and Bed is finished. These guys were very impressive. They had a jam box that CRANKED the music. They stuck it in the fireplace and Rocked the house. Only one guy understood English. cool little kid. They throw a lot of mud. Cleaned up their mess pretty good too. We're waiting on the front door to arrive so the carpenters can finish their work. Ordered that front door a long time a go too. Apparently they're having trouble getting the Glass. Peace

View attachment 23414

View attachment 23415

View attachment 23416

View attachment 23417

View attachment 23419

View attachment 23420
:crusty: . Me gusta.

Floors / Doors / Base Boards / Attic Stairs / Closets / Windowsills. Liked the Floors a lot. Solid Oak. Base Boards will paint nicely. Looking forward to the Crown Moulding. Picked out a nice look. With the 12' ceilings, should be Classy! Took a lot of pics this time around. Enjoy Y'all. Peace

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

IMG_3373.JPG

IMG_3375.JPG

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_3378.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG