chEFFs Dream Home Build

Windows installed yesterday. Big Slider Windows have yet to be installed. Peace

Master Windows.jpg

Living Room windows.jpg

Office Windows.jpg

Guest Room Windows.jpg

Danielles.jpg

Office Windows.jpg

Electricians are klilling me right now. Another week with NO SHOW! Hear it every week. They'll start monday. Just got DRAW REQUEST #3.............. $230,000. I'm $400,000 into the build so far! Peace

Electricians are klilling me right now. Another week with NO SHOW! Hear it every week. They'll start monday. Just got DRAW REQUEST #3.............. $230,000. I'm $400,000 into the build so far! Peace
Tell your General no Electricians, no Draws!!!!!

I hope you are gonna insulate the EFF out of that chEFF???

Awesome project.

Wait, are you $170K over budget? That's a decent funco... :bag:

Does TX make you have fire sprinklers?

Yes. Any structure 6000 sq ft or larger it's required. We'll pass inspection then shut that valve off. During the big freeze last year the fire sprinklers froze and caused major damage to the houses. Not going to let that happen to this house. They're designed to put out fires. And water leaks cause the most damage. How often does your house catch on fire? Peace

I hope you are gonna insulate the EFF out of that chEFF???

Awesome project.

Wait, are you $170K over budget? That's a decent funco... :bag:

The house is completely incapsulated. Going to be sealed tight. Can't wait to see the result of the spray in foam. The seal tape on the windows and the seal around the doors, builder says you'll be amazed at how little dust builds in your home. And the temp stays the same using very little Heat / AC. We'll be $170k over budget guaranteed. DAMN!! Guess i'll have to find a nice 70 to ride around camp! Peace

These windows with the Flashing Tape seals real good. Builder said years a go they'd just nail the windows in without tape. Hence all the dust entering your home. That tape is some TACKY stuff. Peace

IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

Since y'all were in Glamis and we weren't....had to close our eyes and pretend. Peace

IMG_3126.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Front Door and Guest Qtrs #1. Peace

IMG_3124.JPG

Painting the trim is going to be awesome. They just installed 2x8 right under the soffits. What color is the question. Peace

IMG_3129.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

I'm thinking going with this color combo. Black / lite grey / blueish silver grey rock. Peace

Arlington House (1).JPG

Arlington House 2 (2).JPG

Arlington House 1 (3).JPG

The water is ran thru the ceilings. Don't need leaks!! I take these pics cause I like to know which way the wood runs for each room. Peace

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

Now would be the time to run any wiring you want for plans and future plans for audio/visual stuff.  

I'm super weird about not seeing any wires.   :lol:

Now would be the time to run any wiring you want for plans and future plans for audio/visual stuff.  

I'm super weird about not seeing any wires.   :lol:

Waiting on Electricians. Builder says IT / stereo / speaker / TV / Security wires come after Electrical. Sensitive wires. He's had too many issues in the past. My IT guy is ready to roll. Damn Electricians. Slowing up the job. Peace

Reactions: Mac
Waiting on Electricians. Builder says IT / stereo / speaker / TV / Security wires come after Electrical. Sensitive wires. He's had too many issues in the past. My IT guy is ready to roll. Damn Electricians. Slowing up the job. Peace
Ahhh.  Yes.  I'm sure the electrician needs to run his stuff and have it inspected before you do your thing.  I'm dealing with the same with my pool to run extra electrical and irrigation. 

Call your Electrician and tell him your drywaller is scheduled for this date and he will start one siding on that date. There will be no change order for him to do everything from one side of the wall only back charges from the drywaller to repair stuff.

That is like lighting a fire with dynamite but it might get him off his ass. 

Back