BBQ Smoking Thread

Saw these at Costco yesterday but have no idea on the best way to cook them.

Matt, what are your thoughts and experiences on them?
Low and slow till they probe tender. Indirect too. Spritz if they are starting to look dry, every 45-60 min. 

Simple salt, pepper and garlic for seasoning

Low and slow till they probe tender. Indirect too. Spritz if they are starting to look dry, every 45-60 min. 

Simple salt, pepper and garlic for seasoning
I am using a masterbuilt charcoal smoker (560 series). What temp you recommend? Also any wood recommendations to throw in the hopper?

I am using a masterbuilt charcoal smoker (560 series). What temp you recommend? Also any wood recommendations to throw in the hopper?
250* 

Wood is personal, I like post oak or hickory 

Well I did em on the traeger, ran out of rub so I made some real quick, put too much on em.... cooked em for 3/1/2 hours on 250 then wrapped in foil and bbq sauce... didn't hve any apple juice.. turned it down to 205 and left them for another 5hrs....they were tender, not too dry just not much meat on the bones....they were good though.....

megufj1651048852062.jpg

@michael.gonzalez both ways are good!! But I prefer smoked salmon. On my smoker I get it to 500* drizzle some olive oil add some Mccormicks  Montreal steak seasoning to it. Just be careful cause it’s pretty salty and smoke them for about 7-15 minutes depending on thickness. I like a little crisp on the outside  and tender in the middle. Flip them some time in the middle of the cook.  I aim for 135*- 140* internal temp. 

This was a 6 oz salmon steak on medium to low coals. Skin side down, lid closed. Did not flip. Let it “bake” for about 20 minutes. Once the juices turn white it’s done. I didn’t temp probe it this time but it was nice and tender inside with the slightest bark on the edges.

Got the fish at sprouts from their meat counter. This was the lemon/herb seasoned one. They have a bourbon one I need to try next.

Back